Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i might be leaving the family
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
macavely
well got home today and the phone rings... its the insurance company... my celi is worth $3100. the damage is worth $3400 so they want to declare it a total lose.. so my happy mood just went away... all this cause some one want to hit my car while it's parked then bounce like a little bitch.. so now i have to think about what i want to do keep her or take the insureance money and make a down and another car... welll just wanted to vent...
doGGy
Get another celica, this time a HATCH, and procede everything you'v palned on it....
Supersprynt
no coupe!
macavely
QUOTE (doGGy @ Mar 22, 2004 - 9:07 AM)
Get another celica, this time a HATCH, and procede everything you'v palned on it....

thats what i'm leaning towards right now..
doGGy
QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Mar 22, 2004 - 7:10 AM)
no coupe!

NO, HATCH biggrin.gif Ya like supersprynt sayd NO COUPE!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!
macavely
QUOTE (doGGy @ Mar 22, 2004 - 9:11 AM)
no coupe!

lol.. either or.. makes no real diffrence to me.. i like the look of both
boosted_K2
that sucks mac, i guess the question is, will 3100 be enough to get yourself another car that you'll enjoy, or is it worth spending the 300 difference to get it fixed... id have to spend the 300 if it was me, but that still sucks
macavely
well i been look for the last 10 minutes on line and thank god i live in celica country(hudson county) .. i found this one 3mile from me..

click
DmVinny
I remember a couple of years ago my sister borrowed my car, smoked in it, threw the cig out the window, it wound up back in my car.. she parked it over night, burnt my interior (just the carpet and smoke damage luckily) insurance totalled my car, gave me $4800 for it, i bought it back for $50 and redid the interior.
hioctane
The picture you shown us doesn't look like it's worth 3k of damage. Are you planning to buy it back from the insurance company? Are you planning to sell your pwr antenna? Im interested.

The celica on autotrader has a very high mileage. how about a 240sx as your next car? Well, good luck on your next purchase. It won't be the same here without old Mr MAC around....

This is 3k worth of damge:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
macavely
well thats what the adjuster told the insurance company.. i might buy it back if they sell back really cheap... then i'll try to sell off as much of it as i can... or keep a lot of extras for my self.... don't know yet.. i'll should know by tonight what i'm going to do..
Supersprynt
QUOTE (doGGy @ Mar 22, 2004 - 9:11 AM)
no coupe!

LMAO, no, COMMA, get a coupe!
celicarocker
dont worry man, things will get better eventually...
neoklis
Sorry but that is not a 3k damage. You can replace all the parts from the buying /selling section on this site for a few hundred dollars easily. if you are interested on seeing pictures of repaired cars with 4k damages email to my yahoo address and i will show you what my GT4 looked like when i got it.

My address is neoklisneofytou@yahoo.com

Just to know what has been done on it:
1. replaced hood
2. replaced left fender
3. replaced left door
4. replaced front windshield
5. replaced rear left window
6. replaced the whole roof/cabin
7. repaired left side
8. repaired chasis damage
9. paint everything (in and out)

and i live in a country that everything is much more expensive than the U.S

my 2 cents, get the money and fix it. (as long as there is no other damage i.e. engine, wheels, transmission etc.)
macavely
QUOTE (neoklis @ Mar 22, 2004 - 10:31 AM)
Sorry but that is not a 3k damage. You can replace all the parts from the buying /selling section on this site for a few hundred dollars easily. if you are interested on seeing pictures of repaired cars with 4k damages email to my yahoo address and i will show you what my GT4 looked like when i got it.

My address is neoklisneofytou@yahoo.com

Just to know what has been done on it:
1. replaced hood
2. replaced left fender
3. replaced left door
4. replaced front windshield
5. replaced rear left window
6. replaced the whole roof/cabin
7. repaired left side
8. repaired chasis damage
9. paint everything (in and out)

and i live in a country that everything is much more expensive than the U.S

it seems to me that you just need a front bumper and a headlights.
hek, this is a nice opportunity to upgrade to JDM headlights.

my 2 cents, get the money and fix it. (as long as there is no other damage i.e. engine, wheels, transmission etc.)

yea i belive you what i have is not any were near 3k of damage more close to 1k if that... but i live in a state that has the worst insurance.. and they always look for the cheapest way out... i'm going to see if i can get insureance to add another 2k to what they want to give me so i can just buy another celi. and the are selling a 95 gt near my house with full options i can maybe talk them down to 3k an then i have more then enugh to do what i want to do to the car..
neoklis
I would suggest you go to a junk yard or something and get the parts to repair your car. You dont really know the other car. it could probably have had much more damage repaired.
macavely
QUOTE (neoklis @ Mar 23, 2004 - 2:45 AM)
I would suggest you go to a junk yard or something and get the parts to repair your car. You dont really know the other car. it could probably have had much more damage repaired.

i would but don't do body work .. just mechanical... and i already when and checked out the car.. on only problem the car has are blown shock which are nothing for me i already have the rears shocks just have to order the car.. if i do buy it... god willing on wensday ..
5sfeTurbo
whats up bro,
A.) Buy a cheap ass HX honda- drop in a GSR motor in and say good night. =ugly ass sleeper that wakes up babies at 3 in the morning.
B.) Get another Celica (manual) ST or GT dont want to argue with any Nun-rapists= Good car, moderate performance maintain the love of which you once had.
C.)Buy many, many kegs of Miller Lite.
D.) You can own every 8-bit Nintendo game known to man then buy chaeper Busch Lite by the keg and play all of them.
macavely
QUOTE (5sfeTurbo @ Mar 23, 2004 - 3:30 AM)
whats up bro,
A.) Buy a cheap ass HX honda- drop in a GSR motor in and say good night. =ugly ass sleeper that wakes up babies at 3 in the morning.
B.) Get another Celica (manual) ST or GT dont want to argue with any Nun-rapists= Good car, moderate performance maintain the love of which you once had.
C.)Buy many, many kegs of Miller Lite.
D.) You can own every 8-bit Nintendo game known to man then buy chaeper Busch Lite by the keg and play all of them.

i will be doing B (hopefully) manual gt..
and i do own every game made for NES
5sfeTurbo
-under breath- bastard.
But you dont have kegs and kegs maaaannnnnn.
gas65
Mac

Don't let the insurance company con you, $3100 for a 95?

What condition was your car in and how many miles was on it? What options did your car have?Do you have any receipts for anything you have done to the car?

Before you tell the insurance company anything, ask them how much they will give and you keep the car?Nothing says you have to settle on the first amount they quote you, hell make them sweat it out for a few days.

I just went through this crap awhile back on my 94 GT(with 143,000 miles on it) and they offered me $4100 tax, title, and licensed.I laughed at the guy and did my homework, and got well over that amount and still kept my car.My lawyer laughed and said I did exactly what he would have recommended to me but I already did everything I could do.

You just have to know how to work these guys and remember they are trying to save as much money as they can for the insurance company.You just have to remind them you are a paying customer and if this is how they treat you, you can go somewhere else for your insurance needs(along with your other family members)

If you need some help with getting that amount raised, I'll give you some tips when I get up today.Just start looking for any pics to show the condition of your car prior to the wreck, inside and out.Give me a brief description of your car with every option it has.
macavely
well my car wasn't in that great of a shape.. i was saving up to get her painted and the front fenders fix... got hit but never reported it... but i'm going to call again to day and see if they will give up more money or i'm just going to drop them cause they also insure my moms car... and in the last 4 years i have paid 2500 ayear for insurance just on my car that 10,000 dollors... i'm going to mention that and if they do nothing or don't offer me more then i'm going to have my sister lawyer right them up a letter and i'm going to another insurance company.. cause it's just not right.. i pay all the money and get not even a 4th in return ..
gas65
Use these 3 sites and get a figure of how much each values your car at.

http://www.nada.com/

http://www.kbb.com/

http://www.freecarquotes.net/black_book.as...&OVMTC=standard

Now go out to 3 used car dealerships(Toyota Dealerships give higher values) and ask them to give you a price quote for the FAIR MARKET VALUE of your car.Bring them pics if you can't drive the car to them.Just ask them to write down how much they would ask for your car in the condition it was before it was damaged if they had it on their lot.If you get a low price from them, go to another dealer.

Now you have 3 book values, and 3 auto dealer prices, now go to cars.com and do a search for your car within a 100 mile radius.Print a copy of the page showing how much these cars are selling for.Try to find 3 in the same shape as yours, and print up the ads for them with the asking price.

Now give all of this stuff to your insurance adjuster along with any receipts you have for improvements to your car.Also make sure the adjuster is throwing in tax, title, and license fees with the price he is giving you.Explain to him you have to pay that if you buy another car, so it should be added(some states require they add it), just don't let them forget about it because they will if they think they can get by with it.

My lawyer told me the adjuster has to have to some kind of proof for giving out more money than their actual set amount.So let the adjuster know he can make copies of any paperwork you have presented to him, or give him the originals if you don't need them.

I hope this helps you out, it actually brought my car up from $4100 with all fee's to around $6000 just by doing a for things like visiting a few dealerships, getting book values online, and by supplying a few ads for the same car for sale locally.

Good Luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.