Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air to Fuel
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
PaulGT
Hey i just put my air to fuel gauge in and it says im runnin rich as a pig...how do i change this?
abatardi
what mods do you have? what have you changed?

If your o2 sensor is busted or not hooked up right it will read out 1030mv or somewhere around that all the time (RICH).

- aba
SpedToe169
You can't tune with a stock narrowband O2. It will tell you if something goes wrong (i.e. you go full lean under boost), but thats it.
abatardi
QUOTE (SpedToe169 @ Mar 27, 2004 - 6:17 PM)
You can't tune with a stock narrowband O2.  It will tell you if something goes wrong (i.e. you go full lean under boost), but thats it.

you can't tune to stoich on a narrowband. this is pretty impossible. but if you want to tune rich...like 12:1, then keep it above 900mv or so. I use a narrowband for daily driving on my haltech with closed loop setup to richen 20% or lean out 10% based on o2 readout. It works fine, but I only modify fuel maps at idle and low rpm and cruising. I wouldn't rely on this at full throttle by any means smile.gif

In any case, if his AF gauge is pegged at rich all the time it is probably a fault in the sensor.

- aba
audiophile24
get an afc........
abatardi
QUOTE (audiophile24 @ Mar 28, 2004 - 12:51 AM)
get an afc........

tell us your mods first and once we figure out what has been changed, we can come up with a solution for you (i.e. - whoa, you're running 720cc injectors?, etc.).

do NOT get an afc and start trying to get your af gauge to read stoich again with your narrowband. You will end up blowing up your engine.

- aba
SpedToe169
I wouldn't rely on this at full throttle by any means

Yeah, thats really what I meant. Its not ideal for part throttle stuff, but it can be done. We spend a suprising amount of dyno time on part throttle tuning, even on racecars that spend very little time there. It really makes a big difference in how they feel. Always keep in mind, the peak of the curve doesn't matter nearly as much as the area under the curve! Thats especially true at part throttle!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.