Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7AFE radiator
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
edo17982
Is the 5SFE and 7AFE radiator size the same?????
Cause I'd like to buy an aluminium one on Ebay and it's marked for GT.....
Let me know!!!!!1

Thanks wink.gif
toyotaspeed_90
same chasis... should share the lower & upper mounting points (or can change the upper ones... i had to, but there should already be a hole in the core support if they're different so it's easy to do).... just find a picture of the GT rad and see if the hose positions are the same.....
doGGy
QUOTE (edo17982 @ Apr 3, 2004 - 3:20 PM)
Is the 5SFE and 7AFE radiator size the same?????
Cause I'd like to buy an aluminium one on Ebay and it's marked for GT.....
Let me know!!!!!1

Thanks wink.gif

Nope its not the same, it wount fit, it is bad for your engine, you dont need this.... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Just joking Bro. I think it is the same thing, and if it is not, then you always have a chance to go custom on mounting wink.gif
toyotaspeed_90
mounting really isn't an issue since how it's mounted (other than forward) doesn't affect it..... at worst you might need to find some radiator hoses that need some custom "making" to fit....

the hoses all the shops for a GTS were bringing to me (in my 4a-fe to 4a-ge swap, and using a gts radiator) were all about 1" too short... so i had to go to the back & find one similar with the bends i needed, then just cut it down....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.