Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Noobie
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
ZoomZoom
Hi guys, I've just signed in and I think that this site really good, lots of info and great people.

I was wondering if you guys think that my car is Rice.
I drive a 94 celica gts
Exterior - Vader Kit (Molded), Pearl Blue paint, ADR sokudao 10 rims in Gunmetal Gray,Carbon fiber wing.
Interior - White and blue painted interior (Dash, door panels )oretty much everything inside the car is painted white & blue, 2 Corbeau seats and reupholstered back seat in blue & white, Panasonic In-dash DVD, TV,CD and another Blaupunkt CD Player w/ 3 12" Fosgate and 2 fosgate amps, etc.

Performance: 2nd gen 3sgte swap w/ Haltech e6k, Custom 2-1/2 polished intercooler piping and a front mount intercooler, Supra injectors and fuel pump.
3" exhaust piping and a gutted cat.

I think If I have to do it again I will probly not touch the interior. I think I over did it. let me know what you guys think.
Rica or Ok.

Thanks Guys
Supersprynt
Welcome, now PICS!

U got a swap thats cool, what are you pushing?
The interior sounds kinda ricey, but its hard to tell w/o pics, it may look really cool. The rest doesnt sound ricey. But then again my cars been called ricey and i dont think it is.
CelicaQT
Welcome to the boards! smile.gif From what you're describing doesn't seem rice to me. Seems like a well tuned and modded car you got there. We'd love to see pics of your ride.

I've been eyeing those Sokudos myself. Just ran into some other modding issues so those wheels will have to wait, or until I find something else I like.

Again welcome THIS POST IS WORTHLESS W/OUT PICS! hehe biggrin.gif

-Christee-
x_itchy_b_x
sounds awesome. got any pics?
dstrbcelica
first off, welcome to the boards! second, your car doesn't sound ricey at all...sounds like a pretty hott ride, but i wanna see some pics man!
subsolo_21
Sounds badace to me man. Keep up the good work. And, as I'm sure ur sick of hearing by now, get some PICs up.
Akimbo
Sounds alright, good job with the 3SGTE. That makes a lot of bad things forgiveable:)

Anyway, show us some pictures.

By the way, your car is only rice if YOU think it is.
turboinduction
...only if you have a 4'x2' NOS sticker across the rear quarter panels.. lol
kuya1284
QUOTE (ZoomZoom @ Apr 7, 2004 - 10:13 AM)
Hi guys, I've just signed in and I think that this site really good, lots of info and great people.

I was wondering if you guys think that my car is Rice.
I drive a 94 celica gts
Exterior - Vader Kit (Molded), Pearl Blue paint, ADR sokudao 10 rims in Gunmetal Gray,Carbon fiber wing.
Interior - White and blue painted interior (Dash, door panels )oretty much everything inside the car is painted white & blue, 2 Corbeau seats and reupholstered back seat in blue & white, Panasonic In-dash DVD, TV,CD and another Blaupunkt CD Player w/ 3 12" Fosgate and 2 fosgate amps, etc.

Performance: 2nd gen 3sgte swap w/ Haltech e6k, Custom 2-1/2 polished intercooler piping and a front mount intercooler, Supra injectors and fuel pump.
3" exhaust piping and a gutted cat.

I think If I have to do it again I will probly not touch the interior. I think I over did it. let me know what you guys think.
Rica or Ok.

Thanks Guys

Even if people thought you car is rice, who cares? It's your car. Do what you want to do to it.

MY opinion? Just don't EVER put immitation crap in/on your car. But that's just my preference.
celimanST
Sounds like a great car man but of course you need some pics.

Now that is said I glad some else like pearl blue I thought I was the only one biggrin.gif

William
blkGT
Carbon fiber wing.

only no-no i can think of
ZoomZoom
Thanks for the response guys
I will take some pics this weekend and I will post it on Monday.
I only have access on computer during the week.

Thanks again guys...
x_itchy_b_x
QUOTE (blkGT @ Apr 7, 2004 - 7:29 PM)
Carbon fiber wing.

only no-no i can think of

it depends, personally i want a megan racing cf wing it would contour the rear of the celica perfectly. but if its an aluminum style cf wing i concur big no no.
ZoomZoom
how do you upload some pictures on this thread?
thanks
Supersprynt
you gotta upload them into another website. Such as Photobucket.com, or Cardomain.com. Imagestation is widely used but its highly unreliable and I hear you need an account to see the pics.

WHen you upload the pics, you right click on teh pic u wanna show, copy the URL location. Then in ur REPLY screen u will see an IMG button. Click that, paste ur URL and voila.
Digndoug
I would sya your car is hott, or phat or swet, what ever, just get rid of the wing, I personally dont like it, but if you do... . Thats the only thing i would say rice, an rag you on, but sweet ride..

by the way, what color is that? that is a nice color, that i dont think ive seen on a celi before.
celicarocker
personally i think you over did the interior... but it still looks decent...
ZoomZoom
I know the wing kinda make it a bit rice, but im stuck with it for now
Its ok but not the best. My first intention is to match it w/ a cf hood
but my mind changes like I change my under wear lol...
for the interiors thats is one of my regrets coz I over did it.
Oh well right, its too late now. but overall I love this car when it comes to power and looks. The swap is the best thing ive ever done on this car. It cost me a lot of money though, but its worth it.
Thanks for the reply guys.

Ciao...
ZoomZoom
Blue Im not too sure about the paint code but I will ask the shop that painted my car.

Ciao...
Supersprynt
Pretty nice. Yeah the interior is wow but it looks like it was done nicely.
JDM heads are always nice.
What are u pushing with the 3s? If more than stock what kinda boost controller?
Jussimple
Just saw those pics and got to say the car is impressive. Tell us how much you paid for the interior work. It looks professional. Looks like quite an investment. Is it a weekend or everyday ride. I say this cause the car looks clean. Either way its nice. Later...

J
kuruptedsnake
ure car is the nicest ive ever seen on this site minus the wing
Drocay
your car is molded clean i wouldn't consider it rice unless it had stickers all over the place which it doesn't.
ZoomZoom
Im pushing 210hp @ the wheel & 230 tq @ the wheel,
the interior is done by me and the shop, I pretty much prep the whole interior and the shop just did the painting.
Im happy that you guys like my car.
It makes it all worth the headache that ive been thru.

thanks a lot guys...
ZoomZoom
i didnt really pay anything for the interior coz i did half of the work.
I dont drive everyday, mostly only on weekends.
Supersprynt
nevermind, should read the whole post.

210 to the wheels, round 240-250 at the crank? How much PSI is that?
Phat_Boi
NICE.

biggrin.gif
ZoomZoom
10 psi
doGGy
Nice car, and nice job done to it, i know how you feel saying AFTER ALL THAT HEADACHE smile.gif

But....

Hows the paint on all that vinil holds up? Cuz i think if you drove it everyday, i think it would look all messed up... Cuz the paint would crack? Or im i wrong? But everything else is looking nice smile.gif And get rid of that wing and leave it spoilerless..... biggrin.gif
KyoKusanagi
Hey Zoom this is like one of the most Amazeing cars ive ever seen real Nice *thumbs Up* anywayz bro you mgot like MSN or Something i can contact you by i live in Kitchener lol as you can see since i posted about the Ontario Meet anywayz give me A shout Peace~
Supersprynt
QUOTE (ZoomZoom @ Apr 13, 2004 - 8:17 AM)
10 psi

What else do u have done? 10psi isnt all that much considering stock is anywhere around 8-9. I need to go dyno my stuff cuz im going to be pushing 12psi and if u got nothing else done, thats round 260horse.
ZoomZoom
Nothing else is done on the motor for now.
the stand alone ecu pretty much does all the work coz all the fuel system is change to maximize the power.

The paint holds up pretty good coz we spray some kind of resin to make the paint flex and the best part of it is its easy to clean. I can actually wax the car inside and out. lol...

Kyokusanagi - msn is (hntrd@hotmail.com)
give me a buzz and we can talk about our pride and joy, lol....

Ciao..
Supersprynt
ah standalone, yes thats a good thing.
Exile04
All i know is i hate u with a passion because u have a nice car in my color i want...and im in love with it...i want to steal it from u if u dont mind.
Can i borrow for say a week or so...haha oh and if anyone says your car is rice kick him in the nuts or punch her in the face
Supersprynt
what color IS that?
Defgeph
Did you shave the handle on ur glove compartment ? cuz I dont see a handle or keyhole in the pic. If you did shave it. how do you open ur glove compartment ?

Very nice car btw
defgeph
ZoomZoom
The handle on the glove compartment is not shave, its also painted, im not too sure why I cant see it too. I guess I better check it tonight. lol...
Color : all I know is that it is a Pearl Blue. Im not too sure about the actual code.
I'll ask my paint shop.
Exile: If you come down here in toronto, I'll let you drive it for a couple of days.
lol........

For the next two week, I will try to install my Momo Steering wheel.
any of you guys have done this. please give me some instructions on how to do this.

Thanks for all the response
Ciao...

neoklis
If it is the original color you can get the code from the aluminum plate in the engine compartment. Personally i think your car is unbelievable. You have done an excellent job with it. I love the fact that the colors are not metallic but have the pastel feel. Really beatiful car except the wing. If you still have the original spoiler (94-95) you can get the GT4 raisers/posts or whatever they call them and have an original GT4 look. wink.gif
stelica85
very nice car, mad props. i love the interior eventhough its a bit busy. my question to you is how much did that swap with the standalone system cost.
ZoomZoom
The color is not tot the stock color, as for the cost of the swap w/ the stand alone front mount custom piping is around $ 7000 cnd and this was 2 yrs ago.
front clip wasn't really the easiest thing to get here in canada but now you can get them anywher now. Tuning was expensive too for Haltech, but other than that its worth the headache. lol...
I'll leave the wing on it for now coz I dont want to spend anymore money on the car for now. I guess that should be it for this year except for my steering wheel.
Supersprynt
is it me, or does ne body else see a purplish hue to it?

Its just real close to my color and if you had my color I was going to hold up and have to change it to a different one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.