Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cam gears
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
kuruptedsnake
where can i find cams for my car
toyotaspeed_90
cams or a cam gear? (you only have one cam gear on the belt)
FallenHero
yea, but they do make adjustable cam gears. www.nopionline.com

look under 93 Rolla
toyotaspeed_90
QUOTE (FallenHero @ Apr 8, 2004 - 4:38 AM)
yea, but they do make adjustable cam gears. www.nopionline.com

look under 93 Rolla

they make 1..... all F heads only have a single cam gear on the timing belt.....
FallenHero
This is true, but I believe the adjustable gears go inside the head cover where the two gears meet. Charlie (a guy that used to be on here) had them on his ST-T.

But hell, I could be wrong, I just don't think I am. smile.gif
toyotaspeed_90
hmm.... why would ya need those though? they're interlocking gears... and you can just loosen one cam, move it one cog and it'll be "adjusted" lol.....
Kwanza26
QUOTE (FallenHero @ Apr 8, 2004 - 5:31 AM)
But hell, I could be wrong, I just don't think I am. smile.gif

You are wrong... ;] And charlie never had them or any head mods... we talked about his complete set-up back in the day. The sub gears aren't meant to be changed... as far as an actual adjustable cam gear... well... it's kinda pointless... That single gear controls both cams, so adjustments will be very limited.
kuruptedsnake
ok where can i find cams for my st i looked on nopi but i cant see anything there anywhere else
FallenHero
Did you look under corolla?

I remember talking to Charlie about cam gears... I guess he was just 'talking'
toyotaspeed_90
arggghhh.... this is almost as bad as everyone saying "headers" lol.... one cam gear... one... lol

yes, they do make them... but are nearly useless
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.