Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: front clips
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
brianforster
ok coomers post says its the front half of the car

does that mean they just like remove everything from the firewall to the headlights and send it to you?

how is it received?

if you bought a gt4 front clip would you get the gt4 bumper and stuff?

thanks all smile.gif
DmVinny
the frame is cut from the back of the fenders, you get everything from the fender to the bumper, engine, ecu, axles, transmission, etc....

yes
brianforster
is that expensive? in coomers feasable swap post it says 1500 bucks?

wouldnt that make it rather cheap to not only have the engine of a gtfour but have the look?
DmVinny
$1500??!?!?! u wont get a 3sgte gt-4 clip for $1500... cheapest i've seen i believe was like $2,500....
Cragspider
Well it depends on where you get your clip from. Some places will take the bumper lights and anything that they can sell off of it and sell it while you just get the frame with all the parts that you need. But some places will sell it all to you but you will pay more for it.
Bryan
kuya1284
QUOTE (DmVinny @ Apr 9, 2004 - 9:06 AM)
$1500??!?!?! u wont get a 3sgte gt-4 clip for $1500...  cheapest i've seen i believe was like $2,500....

Cheapest I've seen a ST185 clip was $1200, but this was when Venus Auto had them on sale. Now they're running $1500+shipping.
kuya1284
QUOTE (brianforster @ Apr 9, 2004 - 9:00 AM)
ok coomers post says its the front half of the car

does that mean they just like remove everything from the firewall to the headlights and send it to you?

how is it received?

thanks all smile.gif

What you get depends on the condition of the clip. All clips are not created equal. wink.gif
BigEdge169
The $1500 is for the clip from a 5th gen Celica (ST185). A 6th gen GT-4 clip (ST205) will run quite a bit more. Also, as far as the bumer goes, the clip might come with a hood and bumper but there's no telling what kind of condition they'll be in. You'd be a very lucky person to come across a clip that had everything that you needed for the GT-4 look in great condition.
kuya1284
QUOTE (BigEdge169 @ Apr 12, 2004 - 5:49 AM)
The $1500 is for the clip from a 5th gen Celica (ST185).  A 6th gen GT-4 clip (ST205) will run quite a bit more.  Also, as far as the bumer goes, the clip might come with a hood and bumper but there's no telling what kind of condition they'll be in.  You'd be a very lucky person to come across a clip that had everything that you needed for the GT-4 look in great condition.

Didn't I just state all this in my last 2 posts? tongue.gif
BigEdge169
QUOTE (kuya1284 @ Apr 12, 2004 - 10:26 AM)
Didn't I just state all this in my last 2 posts? tongue.gif

rolleyes.gif Sorry, I was at work and it was early
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.