Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: raced a 350z
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Mike
It was 30min ago at about 1am on a deserted stretch of road, we were at the red we reved at each other, I knew his car was FAR superior but I gunned it on the green for fun to see how bad I would loose. He began pulling forward but not as quickly as I had anticipated. Maybe he was a really bad driver but in about 80feet or so he was only about 3/4 a car lenght infront. I had to stop early because of an exit I had to get off at. Thought it was pretty intrestin after loosing to a Honda Pilot!! biggrin.gif
snadman
Bad driver...no offense lol
5sfeTurbo
Heres the situation.

the 350 was the V-6 n/a - Automatic- with the driver having there foot asleep and sudden seizures behind the wheel.
Mike
^^ haha i agree guys biggrin.gif
i know my car is no challenge for a car like the z whatsoever
but it was a good feeling to race a sh!tty driver and feel fast haha
RedGT4
Yeah actully those Auto350's are not as fast compared to the 5-speeds. i think i saw one run like a 14.2 at the local track.....granted still no competetion going up the 5sfe of the celica. and it's awsome mid 16's! biggrin.gif

Derek biggrin.gif
snadman
QUOTE (Mike @ Apr 9, 2004 - 10:49 PM)
^^ haha i agree guys biggrin.gif
i know my car is no challenge for a car like the z whatsoever
but it was a good feeling to race a sh!tty driver and feel fast haha

Cant disagree with you there! I loved it when I raced an Eclipse GST and it's turboi all of a sudden just got fuct and I won lol.
Digndoug
QUOTE (RedGT4 @ Apr 10, 2004 - 5:53 AM)
Yeah actully those Auto350's are not as fast compared to the 5-speeds. i think i saw one run like a 14.2 at the local track.....granted still no competetion going up the 5sfe of the celica. and it's awsome mid 16's! biggrin.gif

Derek biggrin.gif

do you guys relize, 14's are fast...... an then you get into 13's an 12's thats just recockuless...... my buddy has the new mustang cobra what ever, 400-430 hp... that thing will nock you back in the seat....

also, i doub he was racing, .. Its like theres an n/a supra that drives around my area, an its a kid with fart pipe an all, but like one day i went next to him, an droped an an just speed away, he slammed the gas an was barley next to me, an yeah i could say i beat him... but really he should beat me.
Supersprynt
The 5spd 350Z is pretty fast, and pulls you back in your seat pretty hard. I've driven my dads once and it was pretty nice.
97sccelica
its not the hp of a mustang cobra, its the torque and instant response from the SC that throws you back

i like calling cars like that neck breakers

i saw an 03 cobra selling for $27k with only 7k miles or somthing like that. if only i had the money.
toyotaspeed_90
well.... on a short course, but i've driven an s-tuned 350Z...... it wasn't as fast as i was expecting..... and it had a lot of understeer strangely enough..... didn't feel any faster than an rsx type-s.... funner to drive, but not any faster..... (yes, the one i drove was auto.... we didn't know the 350z's were auto... otherwise i would have driven the sti instead...)
RedGT4
QUOTE (Digndoug @ Apr 10, 2004 - 3:29 PM)

do you guys relize, 14's are fast...... an then you get into 13's an 12's thats just recockuless...... my buddy has the new mustang cobra what ever, 400-430 hp... that thing will nock you back in the seat....

also, i doub he was racing, .. Its like theres an n/a supra that drives around my area, an its a kid with fart pipe an all, but like one day i went next to him, an droped an an just speed away, he slammed the gas an was barley next to me, an yeah i could say i beat him... but really he should beat me.

oh i am aware 14's are fast but compared to the 5speed low 13's run it is slower then it 5speed and that is what i said. and yeah i hve driven a 12 second lighting pickup truck.that was point and gas and hold on.....it was awsome!
97sccelica
QUOTE (RedGT4 @ Apr 10, 2004 - 3:01 PM)
QUOTE (Digndoug @ Apr 10, 2004 - 3:29 PM)

do you guys relize, 14's are fast...... an then you get into 13's an 12's thats just recockuless......  my buddy has the new mustang cobra what ever, 400-430 hp... that thing will nock you back in the seat....

oh i am aware 14's are fast but compared to the 5speed low 13's run it is slower then it 5speed and that is what i said. and yeah i hve driven a 12 second lighting pickup truck.that was point and gas and hold on.....it was awsome!

lightnings are scary

moving fast and being that high off the ground was very new to me
Crzybakerdog
If you want torque get a newer corvette. I got a ride in one of those and ill have to say its similiar to an airplane taking off. just pulls you back as it hauls forward and thrill was amazing. also the braking in them is like instant stop. definatly want to race one of those and lose just to say i raced one wink.gif
5sfeTurbo
Yea the newwer vettes are niiice. I love looking at higher-end cars brakes/rotors there so big and shiny(I feel like a little kid when I say that)
Magic
rolleyes.gif Probably wrong car in wrong hands!!!!!
97GTinKC
QUOTE (97sccelica @ Apr 10, 2004 - 10:48 AM)
its not the hp of a mustang cobra, its the torque and instant response from the SC that throws you back

i like calling cars like that neck breakers

i saw an 03 cobra selling for $27k with only 7k miles or somthing like that. if only i had the money.

yeah, but better call your insurance man 1st,,,you might faint.
CupCrazy38
Well, this is just from personal experience, but, could it be that he really just didn't race, but was just driving normal?

Before my friend totaled his 350, we would line up next to each other just for the fun of it. He had a 6-speed... and basically, if I were to floor it with my ST and shifting at 5,800 rpm, I would be dead even with him.

Only problem was, he would shift around 3-3,500 rpm...

So, while I was pushing my Celi for almost everything it has, he was just driving normal and still outpacing me.

Since I was with him when he totaled it, I can tell you this... the car holds up pretty well even upside down...
Sev408
ahhaha, i test drove a 350z yesterday. and ill be damned i got to 100 faster than the celi got to 50. This was up hill the first time and down hill the second time. Having that much power was just amazing.

It handles the same way as a celica, its turning, the body size, it was great. just it was rear wheel drive and the fact that it has 287 horses.
Words cannot describe the feelings i had driving that car. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif bowdown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.