Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SAFC
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
tigernate29
Can anyone list the different types of piggy-back computers out there besides the Apexi SAFC that are similar to the SAFC?
Coomer
The Greddy E-Manage is similar, but has many more features. smile.gif
chucho
This is what i want, Greddy boost controller
Hanyo
what is better for Greddy E-Manage or the apexi safc?

Any other options?
doGGy
QUOTE (Hanyo @ Aug 2, 2004 - 2:24 AM)
what is better for Greddy E-Manage or the apexi safc?

Any other options?

e-manage.

Period.

edo17982
Also HKS makes a piggyback computer, the SuperAFR...I think they still asle it but it's discontinued...check at HKS
FallenHero
explaine why the e-manage is better
doGGy
QUOTE (FallenHero @ Aug 3, 2004 - 9:44 PM)

Can you control the injectors pulse with S-AFC? - NO.
Can you control Ignition maps with S-AFC? - NO.
Can you control MAP with S-AFC? - NO.

Any more explanations?

And you'll getting just like stand alone then you connect it to PC.

Price? 300$ for Emanage + there are clone PC link cable for about 40-50$ on the net (then 110 is for original) + wirings (for Injectors, ignition, Map original - 40$ eatch) can be done easily for no more then 10$

in the end you'll getting ~370 $ and have like "stand alone".

shid
QUOTE (doGGy @ Aug 4, 2004 - 6:26 AM)

Any more explanations?

Price? 300$ for Emanage + there are clone PC link cable for about 40-50$ on the net (then 110 is for original) + wirings (for Injectors, ignition, Map original - 40$ eatch) can be done easily for no more then 10$

Woah, where you getting that price? cheapest I can find for a standalone is about 450.

Emanage is better, hands down; but the SAFC is way cheaper, and probably all you need unless ur heavy tuning
doGGy
QUOTE (shid @ Aug 3, 2004 - 11:28 PM)
QUOTE (doGGy @ Aug 4, 2004 - 6:26 AM)

Any more explanations?

Woah, where you getting that price? cheapest I can find for a standalone is about 450.

Emanage is better, hands down; but the SAFC is way cheaper, and probably all you need unless ur heavy tuning

Im talking not about stand alone, im talking about Emanage price and i said what it will be JUST LIKE stand alone (its piggy back anyway). But the most functions of it are just like stand alone...
DoodieHead
when i was looking into getting emanage, i got prices for all necessary items:
emanage unit-$370
harness for unit-$100
harness for injection,ignition,etc-~$40 each(vary for each)
cable for pc-~$100
software tools to install for pc-~$100
once you get everything you want possible..its going to cost you about 700 bucks. you can go with out pc, but its just going to act like the venom, auto sets it(not fine tuning) so if you got emanage, you would want to use laptop. and it will get expensive, but it is cheaper than standalone($1500-2000) i just decided to get safc2 for 330 bucks and if i want to do more heavy tuning, i might go greddy emanage or perfect power smt6, both piggy back systems
doGGy
QUOTE (DoodieHead @ Aug 3, 2004 - 11:52 PM)
when i was looking into getting emanage, i got prices for all necessary items:
emanage unit-$370
harness for unit-$100
harness for injection,ignition,etc-~$40 each(vary for each)
cable for pc-~$100
software tools to install for pc-~$100
once you get everything you want possible..its going to cost you about 700 bucks. you can go with out pc, but its just going to act like the venom, auto sets it(not fine tuning) so if you got emanage, you would want to use laptop. and it will get expensive, but it is cheaper than standalone($1500-2000) i just decided to get safc2 for 330 bucks and if i want to do more heavy tuning, i might go greddy emanage or perfect power smt6, both piggy back systems

Where the hell you pulled these prices???? on Ebay 350$ emanage with all the wirings... + all you need is Sftware&cable.... Soft can be found on net, and cables are cloned.

Wirings..... The plug for main and second wiring is just like Normal Mazda wirings Plugs (Used for stock radio, and etc, so go to the junk and get that plug with wires), so if you have the plug, it is easy to solder the wires of desired colors to it.

Wirings kits that kome with Emanage (40$ eatch) are universal for all the cars, some of them have 16 wires, and to our cars, there are like 5 wires needed only smile.gif So to make the wirings is not a problem at all.

ToYCeLi8
Quick question. I have the SAFC2 and sphinx and my other friend said that since i am having problems NOT being able to boost, plus almost ALWAYS running rich that there is a chance that my SAFC2 was not connected right. Does anyone know how to set it for the 3s swap? Or should i just disconnect it and see what happens. If thats the case, what the easiest way to unplug the SAFC2 (w/o cutting the wires tongue.gif )?

David

p.s after reading this, i feel i should of gotten the greddy Emanage instead.
shid
QUOTE (doGGy @ Aug 4, 2004 - 7:47 AM)
Where the hell you pulled these prices???? on Ebay 350$ emanage with all the wirings... + all you need is Sftware&cable.... Soft can be found on net, and cables are cloned.

Sorry doggy, but they don't ALL the wiring is seperate from the main unit; especially the injector wiring.. that's described as "optional"
doGGy
QUOTE (shid @ Aug 4, 2004 - 8:03 AM)
QUOTE (doGGy @ Aug 4, 2004 - 7:47 AM)

Sorry doggy, but they don't ALL the wiring is seperate from the main unit; especially the injector wiring.. that's described as "optional"

ya, optional, but some seller sell Emanage with everything (including optional hardness) exept, pc link cable & soft.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.