Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3sge Beams Info
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
drdos
Ive seen alot of post's on this engine lately.

So i was wondering if we couold start a thread here to get as much info on this engine as we can .

so far i know that the harness is a pain in the ass
macavely
1986 (Celica GT-S)
3S-GE
2.0 (121.9), I-4, DOHC
EFI
135 @ 6000
125 @ 4800
3.39 x 3.39
9.2:1
Lenny_mc
beams info:

http://www.tuning.cz/lander/beams.htm
95BlueGT
sorry to bring this thread up from the dead, but what wuold be the difficulty factor (transplaing to a gt 5sfe) between the beams 3sge and the 3sgte? I read somewhere that besides the normal wiring pain in the ass, the vvt-i is even more complicated to wire.

given that i would be able to locate this engine...toysport has the 3sge (200 or 210hp) for $5500 and tey've got a 3sgte (260hp) for a thousand less??!!?? frown.gif

damn the rarity of this engine....grrr... frown.gif
Digndoug
QUOTE (95BlueGT @ Jul 26, 2004 - 11:50 PM)
sorry to bring this thread up from the dead, but what wuold be the difficulty factor (transplaing to a gt 5sfe) between the beams 3sge and the 3sgte? I read somewhere that besides the normal wiring pain in the ass, the vvt-i is even more complicated to wire.

given that i would be able to locate this engine...toysport has the 3sge (200 or 210hp) for $5500 and tey've got a 3sgte (260hp) for a thousand less??!!?? frown.gif

damn the rarity of this engine....grrr... frown.gif

Well, its going to be tha same as the 3s-gte. but less thr turbo, intercooler, an such that would go with the turbo. I heard there was a lil dif in the wireing but no idea. Also there was one that just sold on e-bay, 98 with only 18k or somthing like that. It only went for $1800 or so... I would say its def worth it, and a lot better of an engine.
95BlueGT
was the one sold a beams or just a regualr 3rd gen 3sge?
Digndoug
QUOTE (95BlueGT @ Jul 27, 2004 - 12:16 AM)
was the one sold a beams or just a regualr 3rd gen 3sge?

It was a beams ...
drdos
beams is good for the NA approch, but if you want to go turbo go with a 3sgte. NA is boring
Kwanza26
QUOTE (drdos @ Jul 27, 2004 - 5:17 AM)
beams is good for the NA approch, but if you want to go turbo go with a 3sgte. NA is boring

Ahahaha... if anything... turbos are boring... just too easy.
95BlueGT
Are all beams vvti?

Is it correct that only 1st and 2nd gen 3sge engines were available in the U.S? The 3rd gen and the Beams are only in Japan or europe right?

Kwanza26
QUOTE (95BlueGT @ Jul 30, 2004 - 7:10 PM)
Are all beams vvti?

Is it correct that only 1st and 2nd gen 3sge engines were available in the U.S? The 3rd gen and the Beams are only in Japan or europe right?

Yes... all BEAMS are VVT-i. Only the 1st gen was available in the U.S. The 2nd gen and 3rd gen 3SGE's were overseas only... and the Beams is the 4th/5th gens...
95BlueGT
Thanks Kwanza...now i have something to go on.
fastgt
my old camry had a 3sge..haha.sloooooowwww
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.