Full Version: Texas Meet Roll call
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Mousetrashdiver
The Texas Meet
Ok its in College Station,

we are meeting at a restrant called Chedars, the address is
(1701 University Drive East, College Station 77845) MapQuest
then we are going to go to a car show.

So PM, email, or IM me just so i can get a Number.

Edit: its on May 8th and we were planing on meeting in the 3-5 PM range
(sorry forgot the important part)
SpedToe169
Dates? Times? I want to go, but my schedule has been insane lately.
BigEdge169
Its on May 8 and I think we were going for afternoon or so, but I could be wrong. I can be there whenever is a good time for everyone else.
gizmo_96GT
yo i want to go i stay in houston i think ima be at college station around the 8th so let me know whats going on so we can plan everything
SpedToe169
I'll put it on the calender. I'll try to get it all figured out when I get back in town on the 27th. I may be going to the SCC USCC on the 3rd and 4th but thats still up in the air (not in my car yet!! I'll post details later).
BigEdge169
Sounds great, the more people the better
Mousetrashdiver
I just sent PMs to people who may want to come heres the list
R-03
BigEdge169
SpedToe169
oOoHuY
Hym3n
greenwindwill
politicsareevil
black-st
Sister_Steel
gizmo_96GT
black-st
Looks good for me biggrin.gif

I'll check my schedule to make sure though...
chucho
if it was later i would try. but school isnt out yet so too far for me 2 go w/ school still going on. If y'all try again this summer give me a hollar. I'll problem be running my boosted celica by then.
greenwindwill
Wish i could go guys, but i have a fricking soccer game at 6 pm that day!! keep me informed about more meets in the future. I'm interested in going to one.
Hym3n
I'd love to, but you guys really should scout out somewhere better. Y'see, what you SHOULD do instead is go out to Texas Motor Speedway in Denton. Pay $25, it goes to some Children's Charity I believe, and you get to do three laps around the track. IN YOUR CAR. They allow you to go any speed you want. I'll be going there instead.. mostly because I get to race the track, but also because the DFW 3000GT club is meeting up there and racing as well.. so that's cool. It sounds like a much better day than.. Cheddar's...

-brian
BigEdge169
That sounds pretty awesome, I'd love to get out on a superspeedway just for the hell of it. I've been up on the bank at Texas World Speedway but I was only going 65 (we weren't supposed to get above 40 but I couldn't help it) and it was pretty cool but I wanted to go faster. We should plan something for in the future to do something like that. I know there's nothing like that around here that we can do frown.gif but hopefully we'll still have fun. wink.gif
SpedToe169
you get to do three laps around the track. IN YOUR CAR. They allow you to go any speed you want.

Does their insurance company know about this? Sounds shady to me. It would be fun though. I drove our transporter rig on the TMS superspeedway one time. It was late at night and we had to break into the back gate. You have to do half a lap in the 'wrong' direction to get into the paddock. It was funny. I was clear down on the apron and it still felt like it was going to tip over. Anyway....

I'd like to go, but college station is kind of a bad place. I'll try to check my schedule and let you all know.
BigEdge169
QUOTE (SpedToe169 @ Apr 26, 2004 - 7:05 PM)
I'd like to go, but college station is kind of a bad place.

What I hope you mean is that College Station is a bad place for the meet wink.gif and I'd have to agree because there isn't much to do here really as far as this stuff goes, but it seemed to be somewhat of a central location for the Houston and DFW people. If more people could make it to a different venue that would make more sense then we could change it. However, if people are still interested in coming to CS then that works too. Either way, we need to get something going for Texas.
Hym3n
I heard about it on a 3000GT message board.. I'll post the link but it may get removed: www.3si.org, go there to Forums, scroll down to the Southwest board, and take a look. I'm sure the information is more public elsewhere. According to some of the guys, they did this last year and there were people out there in a lotta normal cars, and someone in a bigass U-Haul.. just sounds like a fun experience.

-brian
Sister_Steel
Ill go if i can remeber to. But ill probly bring a friend of mine. Haha he is way honda but who cares he still likes my car. Im gonna do the 3sgte swap in the near future just raising funds. I have a shop who deals with them all the time. haha and he only lives like 5 minutes away from me. But yeah ill show if i remember.
Mousetrashdiver
Hey if yall want it to be moved im cool with that just tell me where and what it has to be on the 8th tho so. Only weekend free untill i leave for basic
BigEdge169
So what's the verdict? Are we going to try to move it or is it staying in B/CS?
R-03
lets face it, anyplace in texas is gonna be a few hours away. so i guess it doesn't matter anyway if it is in c/s. i know this topic was brought up a few months ago, and i'm all for it, only thing is i'm not in my celica right now. 3s swap. i'm just waiting for parts to complete the project. it's kind of a short notice too. don't know if i'll be able to make it. good luck in basic, go in there with the mentallity that you will not break, take it as it comes.
Mousetrashdiver
R-03 Thank you. Ok well if some one can think of another place thats better and more to do then thats cool tell me where, I picked CS b/c it was a central location.
Mousetrashdiver
so thats like 6 people right now
lawbo
I try to get there on May 8th.
BigEdge169
I just wanted to give this a bump and make sure that everything is still on. tongue.gif
Mousetrashdiver
yeah im going to be out ther tomorrow a like 3
Mousetrashdiver
Thanks for all thos who didnt show up me and bigedge just sort of chilled for a bit
Hym3n
There's not enough support in the area and this was too short notice. A "gathering" needs like 20 people, and to be arranged at the start of the year.. sorry to hear it didn't turn out so well, better luck next time!

Brian
greenwindwill
I had soccer games this weekend.... will be done in 2 weeks and i will be open for pretty much any dates... sux there was no real good turnout... lets try and set one up towards the end of summer maybe?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.