Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thinkin about leavin the celica community...
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Mynzeyes
i'm thinkin about selling the celica...as is...or even if i get it running. with the prices on nice luxury sports sedans coming down, such as the IS300, it just seems like too good of an idea. i've wanted a nice sports sedan since i saw a 98-99 SE-Limited Sentra (SR20DE). and the Altezza was my favorite car years before it came over here as the IS. so, that's my situation. i'm ready to just enjoy a car. sure i'd modify my next car, i'll never get out of that...but it's just been so long since the celica has run, and i'm ready for somethin else.

so who thinks i could actually sell the celica? and who has any idea what someone would be willing to pay, if it's as is, and how much if it was running?

btw, the status on the car now, is it fires, and runs...but it won't idle on its own, the throttle doesn't respond quite right, and it fouls out plugs...i'm waiting on a buddy to get me 2 connectors that arn't there, that aren't VITAL...and that's really it...

what's everyone's thought?

thanks,
-John-
FAQdaWorld
I think that if you really wanted to, you could sell the celica, I dont like the idea of losing you mang, but i imagine u'd prolly still hang around. Realistically i'm not sure how much you could get for it. Like you said, its not running. You'd probably have to find someone who really wanted it, and I think a car w/ a swap thats still not fully functional isnt gonna pick up a whole lot, its a bigtime liability issue. I'm not sure if you'll be able to get 4000 for it. I think you are prolly better off parting out what you can, sell the rims etc etc, and then selling the car for whatever you can get. Other than that. iono mang...

-Ryan
celicarocker
i think you'd get more parting it out, unless you could find an enthusiast willing to tackle the project....
macavely
John don't give up.. finish the swap.. once it's done and you drive it for a few weeks... sell it if you feel like... you can get more for it swaped and running..
ghostdog
QUOTE (macavely @ Apr 19, 2004 - 10:27 PM)
John don't give up.. finish the swap.. once it's done and you drive it for a few weeks... sell it if you feel like... you can get more for it swaped and running..

I concur.
94Toy
Yes definetly wait untill you finish the car. You have probably put tons and tons of hours into it all ready so why not finish. Then if you still think it a wiser move to go for a little more luxury then I say sell it.

Plus a swaped celi will get way more money for you to spend on a downpayment. In other words -- GET SOME OF YOUR MONEY BACK MAN.

John
aaronc222
You'll be missed man. Good choice on a new car too, I love the IS300. If you get it before the PF meet you need to come out and show it off.
boosted_K2
ahh so johns gunna sell out now too biggrin.gif
im just playin with ya john, its a very nice choice, i think you'll love the IS.
slipgun
Aye! John get it running! your cars beautiful why stop half way!!!! I mean once you finish that swap its gona be a new car, we all know that, give the new car a try. Atleast make it a running car so you do get your money... plus im greedy and dont want you to leave cwm13.gif
neoklis
I don't think its a good selling point to want to sell it with an incomplete swap. No one would want to buy it due to the suspicion that there may be some serious problems with the swap. So even if you want to sell it, the most prudent think to do is to finish up the swap.
dstrbcelica
you can't leave...period
slipgun
dstrbcelica Posted on Apr 20, 2004 - 4:19 AM
  you can't leave...period 

WORD!!!
SpedToe169
Have you driven an IS? They'll cool cruisers, but they suck for power. 215hp in a car that size? Gimme a break. Every BMW on the block will hand your ass to you. In that price range you should really consider an E36 M3. They can be had in good shape for between $15 and $20k. 240hp stock and killer killer suspension (also great aftermarket). Also, they look spoogetastic.

I agree though, you should finish the swap and drive it for a while before you decide. If I had the cash and needed a third car, I'd buy it from you, but I already have too many projects.
Supersprynt
My next car will be an IS300, its just so damn hot. I'd probably throw a turbo in it for some more power tho.
Yota
In my opinion, I think you'd miss it when you sold it..
Uppitycracker
QUOTE (Yota @ Apr 21, 2004 - 8:48 AM)
In my opinion, I think you'd miss it when you sold it..

Miss seeing it sit in his garage? tongue.gif Whens the last time you drove it John?? I think if you got the cash for a IS300, go for it! Do the research, look at insurance costs and what not, you might be suprised, a 6th gen is more for insurance then a mr2t, thats one of the reasons i went for the mr2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.