Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fastest 5S-FE?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Mike
Just curious as to who has the fastest/ most powerful N/A 5S-FE on this site?
brianforster
from what I've seen the fastest N/A 5sfe on this site is probably not much faster than the stock 5sfe tongue.gif

theres not much to do to that engine other than a turbo
Kwanza26
QUOTE (brianforster @ Apr 22, 2004 - 9:49 PM)
from what I've seen the fastest N/A 5sfe on this site is probably not much faster than the stock 5sfe tongue.gif

theres not much to do to that engine other than a turbo

There's plenty to do... it's just more expensive to build a good n/a motor. Simply turbocharging an engine is... well... I'd call it the easy way to make more power.

On this site... I don't know of anyone who has built or is in the process of building a performance n/a 5SFE. However... John L on Celica.net is building one (although fairly amatuer'ishly') and it seems to be fairly good. They respond well to head mods (from what I've heard) and they have a fair amount of aftermarket support (performance pistons, rods, cams, etc...) There's obvious potential to build a good n/a motor... but there are limits depending on what you want.
1bwilson
The highest dynoed 5sfe motor I have seen is Jim snoodgrass's old motor. He had fully P&P'd head, 1mm oversized valves, 5 angle valve job, regrinded exhaust cam, shimless buckets and a accel DFI engine managment........146 hp I think he dynoed at.
wind
QUOTE (1bwilson @ Apr 23, 2004 - 1:03 AM)
The highest dynoed 5sfe motor I have seen is Jim snoodgrass's old motor. He had fully P&P'd head, 1mm oversized valves, 5 angle valve job, regrinded exhaust cam, shimless buckets and a accel DFI engine managment........146 hp I think he dynoed at.

thats little gain for the amount of money he would have poured in
neoklis
146bhp? omg you are getting the short end of the stick. The rest of the world getting the 2.0l 3S-GE with the 170ish at stock. A real pity. I really cant see why someone has not thought of getting a few JDM clips for this kind of swaps. Surely they cant be worth more than $1000.
Junior
I would love to get a JDM clip with a beams, but nobody seems to have them
Kwanza26
QUOTE (neoklis @ Apr 23, 2004 - 7:23 AM)
146bhp? omg you are getting the short end of the stick. The rest of the world getting the 2.0l 3S-GE with the 170ish at stock. A real pity. I really cant see why someone has not thought of getting a few JDM clips for this kind of swaps. Surely they cant be worth more than $1000.

It's most likely 146 WHP (dyno's usually only read out whp)... which is about par with a 3rd gen 3SGE. Anyways... I think they can make way way more power than that... it's probably something with his set-up (fuel, timing, cams, etc)... but I can't say unless I see more specific specs... plus, if it's the exact mods 1bwilson listed, then he's running stock specs on the intake side... which is the big power maker.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.