Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4A FE ??? 7A FE?????
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
macavely
Ok i been looking for performance parts for my 7A FE and i been finding a lot for the 4A FE engine can any one tell me what are the diffrences between the two engines??
edo17982
7AFE is a 1.8
4AFE is a 1.6
Milds3vn
For a bit more information about the various engines in the Celicas check out:
http://www.toyotacelicaweb.com/specs.html
this page has alot of other good information too
http://www.toyotacelicaonline.com/reference.htm

I know what you mean macavely because I'm having trouble finding parts for my 7A-FE too, i have found a few sites with things though.
Mr7AFE
7a = bottom end
FE = top end
4a = bottom
GE= top

you would want a 7age.... it adds 30-40 hp to flywheel.

note. bottom end doesnt hold power well.. it may blow

what specific parts are you looking for.
Milds3vn
QUOTE (Mr7AFE @ Feb 12, 2003 - 9:15 AM)
7a = bottom end
FE = top end
4a = bottom
GE= top

If you were going to do a 7A-GE couldn't you strengthen the bottem end to make it more reliable and so it won't blow? Is the GE top end the one you find on early model MR2s??? I heard the GE head swap is a big pain in the @ss through?
macavely
i remember reading somewhere that FE bottom end can hold up to 200hp as anyone ever hear of this.
Charlie97L
QUOTE (Mr7AFE @ Feb 12, 2003 - 9:15 AM)
7a = bottom end
FE = top end
4a = bottom
GE= top

that is not true, it's NOT worth it unless you have a few engines laying around. if you do this to your daily driver, you will be without a car for months. you have to get all the 4age pumps and accessories, custom mount the AC and alternator, rewire the engine car with the 4age harness, custom fab an exhaust connection pipe, and then you are left with an engine that no stock ECU can run, so you have to go with a complete EMS. not worth it unless you have a LOT of $$ and time... and it's only going to give you maybe 30 HP... maybe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.