Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems with swap
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
celica3sgte
My 2nd gen 3sgte swap into my 1994 celica st is complete. It was running great finally after receiving all the wrong parts for the clutch. Now it stalls once it warms up. I can keep it running by giving it gas. Even when driving it misfires every once in awhile and the rpms drop alot. Usually it misfires around 3000 rpms and it does it in all gears. Right before we stared having problems , we were messing around with vacuum lines for a boost gauge and we also hit the rev limiter to see where it was, Which is 7500(it thought it was 7300) Any thoughts?

here's a crappy site
www.geocities.com/zegoat2000/homepage.html
Coomer
Could it maybe be spark plugs or your timing? Just an idea. I don't know a whole lot about the 3S-GTE. Congrats on the swap though! biggrin.gif
Charlie97L
it's probably your timing or your plugs aren't gapped properly. i'd recheck all that, and make sure the timing is set correctly.
west_minist
I am not a mechanic!

Please check all wiring, and most all, the ignition controller and iff possible, test a similar ecu and see what happens.
1bwilson
My friend had the same thing happen to him on his Vr6. It wasn't turbo so I don't know if this will help. He was cleanlig his intake out and some how MAF sencer in his intake. I think the 3s has a MAP but I would check that.
Just a thought.

-Bryan-
trdcelica99
sounds like something is wrong with the air/fuel delivery, could be a spark plug wire, or could be a MAF/o2 sensor.
west_minist
Something occur to me just now.

Have you upgraded your fuel pump, holes and so on for fuel delivery?

Push a Fuel pressure regulator with a guage to see what PSI is coming through the line.

Please also check your Oxygen sensor, map or MAF sensor tosee if there are also good.

Please also check the other stuff I mention in my last post.

Please remember that replacing the engine, also need replacing other suff that need to keep the engine going like the fuel system.

Also check your wiring.

have a professional do it if you still continue to have problems.
NEVERSTOP
It sounds like your MAF is backwards in your intake... I'm not sure if the 2nd gens had them, my 3rd gen didn't. but I had this same prob with my friends 98 tiburon. It will be in your intake pipe and if you look close it will have a arrow on it. This arrow needs to be pointing torward the intake filter... away from the engine. You also might want to have your timing checked it also sounds like you might of had a little slip in your distributor. You can set this your self but might risk damaging the engine. Your distibutor will be on your driver side of the engine. There should be a bolt that you can loosen that will allow your cap to be rotated about 20 degrees. If this doesn't work then you might also need a new distributor or just need to have your points cleaned.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.