Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: some one make a highbred
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Uppitycracker
Ive been thinking about it, I see guys on the mr2 boards with spear 3sgte heads for sale once in a while and Im wondering why theres no one here with a high bred engine? Is it harder to do then it seems? I mean for like 500 bucks wouldn't it make a big difference? Or atleast be a good base for a n/a setup which seems to be what alot of you guys are going for.
drdos
neverstop is doing it, i dont see any benefits to it though
Kwanza26
QUOTE (Uppitycracker @ May 2, 2004 - 7:45 AM)
Ive been thinking about it, I see guys on the mr2 boards with spear 3sgte heads for sale once in a while and Im wondering why theres no one here with a high bred engine? Is it harder to do then it seems? I mean for like 500 bucks wouldn't it make a big difference? Or atleast be a good base for a n/a setup which seems to be what alot of you guys are going for.

It's not very hard (pretty hard... but not VERY hard)... only because you'll have to do some re-wiring and some re-tuning to get everything right. The hardest parts would be some wire work because you have to change manifolds (both intake and exhaust) and the sensors associated with each (maninly intake). All of the vaccum lines have to be figured out, and all of the signals have to be sorted out. I'm not sure how different the ECU pins are between the 3SG and the 5SFE... so I can't say for sure... but on the 7AFE/4AFE and the 4AGE... they're not that different...
Supersprynt
high bred or Hybrid...?
celicarocker
QUOTE (Supersprynt @ May 2, 2004 - 2:02 PM)
high bred or Hybrid...?

hes from canada, cut him a break wink.gif
playr158
so is it possible to hybrid a 7afe block with a 3sgte head, and go turbo that way?
Junior
QUOTE (celicarocker @ May 2, 2004 - 11:12 AM)
high bred or Hybrid...?

Lets not group all canadians together. Chatham is in no man's land.
S_C_M
QUOTE (playr158 @ May 2, 2004 - 11:07 PM)
so is it possible to hybrid a 7afe block with a 3sgte head, and go turbo that way?

No. Just do the 3SGTE swap if you want the head and boost.
5sfeTurbo
QUOTE (S_C_M @ May 2, 2004 - 7:02 PM)

No. Just do the 3SGTE swap if you want the head and boost.

BADA-BING, no room for expierement just do the swap frown.gif Get over the 3s damn it.. there are other alternatives...If we all had the 3s what would seperate us from Hondas??? Not talking power, talking popularity. It would SUCK if we ALL have the same thing....and nail to a cross those who oppose.
macavely
i would love to see someone here try it.. yea it might be hard to do.. but so is swaping a 3sgte in to a st204/at200 ... hopefull some one would do it and show us some numbers..
Kwanza26

No... there will be no point... not to mention a 3SG head won't fit on a 7A block. A 4AG head will... but not the 3SG... Beyond that... the 7A block is still just that... so you won't even be able to boost that much...
S_C_M
QUOTE (5sfeTurbo @ May 3, 2004 - 2:43 AM)
[/QUOTE]
BADA-BING, no room for expierement just do the swap frown.gif Get over the 3s damn it.. there are other alternatives...If we all had the 3s what would seperate us from Hondas??? Not talking power, talking popularity. It would SUCK if we ALL have the same thing....and nail to a cross those who oppose.

It's just not possible to build a 7A/3S hybrid.

I'm all for 20v or 4AGZ swaps in STs, and turbo 5SFE projects if someone's going to do that. I'm eventually going to put together my 7AGTE, I'm slowly gathering the parts I need for that foolish idea just because I want something different. It doesn't make sense monetarily or in terms of reliability on boost, but it will be fairly unique.

The 3SGTE is just the simplest bet if you have an ST and want a bigger displacement turbo engine.
Uppitycracker
QUOTE (Junior @ May 2, 2004 - 5:14 PM)
QUOTE (celicarocker @ May 2, 2004 - 11:12 AM)
high bred or Hybrid...?

Lets not group all canadians together. Chatham is in no man's land.

HAHA screw you guys!! It was late at night and I wasn't thinking!! Geez I made a post about HYBRID celicas, that should shed some light on my sleep deprived condition tongue.gif
toyotaspeed_90
those with ST's... watch over club4ag... you'll see a lot of stuff you can do with A series motors..... i don't know why everyone says "3s-gte" right off the bat..... there's a guy building a 7a-gte over there.... and built right, the 7a-gte can be a very fair competitor to the 3s-gte (that is, if you're all about those turbo motors)
Defgeph
I emailed that buy who is building the 7agte. He said that his motor should put out close to 450hp. He also said he spent alot of money building that engine. He spent somewhere near 10 grand for that engine.

but I would love to see some hybrids around here.

defgeph

toyotaspeed_90
and putting a 450hp lighter 1.8L in a smaller car is crazy..... the 3s already has gotta be so much heavier than that...

and on corolla-racing.com there's a guy (turbo7afe) who owns a shop and has built a few corollas.... the latest is a turbo 7a-fe running 365hp with the FE head... although he's put a lot of money into it.... at least to me, it just makes more sense
Defgeph
QUOTE (toyotaspeed_90 @ May 3, 2004 - 7:23 PM)
and putting a 450hp lighter 1.8L in a smaller car is crazy..... the 3s already has gotta be so much heavier than that...

nuff said right there ^

defgeph
Einhander
There are a couple guys on club4ag, that proclaim to have ran 20+psi on a stock bottom end 4agze, and producing over 350 hp. I remember a couple years ago people saying you couldn't make more than 220hp with a 4agze before stronger rods and pistons. If you have a Gt, then a 3sgte makes sense. But if you have a St the 4agze, is just as boost friendly, and cheaper as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.