Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do 6g celicas have cupholders
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Kraig
Do 6g celicas have cupholders

pretty simple but id like to know
jwells
Yeah, they do...but they are in such a crappy position, it makes shifting hard. They should pull out right under the console/armrest thing.

Mine just sorta falls forward when I brake hard or go down hill...Celica's are not known for good cup holder placement/ functionality.
jgreening
To some this may sound like a stupid question but it took me several days to find mine as well. biggrin.gif
celicarocker
QUOTE (jgreening @ May 5, 2004 - 10:13 PM)
To some this may sound like a stupid question but it took me several days to find mine as well. biggrin.gif

a couple days?!?! i didnt know i had one for like a month!!!
flipside97LTD
hahah shoot man it's hard to paint too! If, that is, you ever find it tongue.gif
shid
Hhaa, the first day I had mine, I spent an hour looking for a change thing and cupholders.

yeah yeah, I thought the change thing was an ashtray til it light up at night.
macavely
the change thing is those 3 little slots under the cupholders.. you have to rasie the arm rest to find them
Coomer
QUOTE (macavely @ May 5, 2004 - 8:54 PM)
the change thing is those 3 little slots under the cupholders.. you have to rasie the arm rest to find them

Those are change holders? I never knew that...I'll have to check that out tomorrow. smile.gif
5sfeTurbo
QUOTE (celicarocker @ May 5, 2004 - 7:26 PM)
QUOTE (jgreening @ May 5, 2004 - 10:13 PM)
To some this may sound like a stupid question but it took me several days to find mine as well.   biggrin.gif

a couple days?!?! i didnt know i had one for like a month!!!

Hahaha...good I though I was alone. LOL oh thats awesome, when I found it was like YEAAAAA!! My g-friends like "you didnt know you had that" I said no Im just easily amussed tongue.gif
Jeremy1210
yeah it took me a month to find mine. Damn sneaky of Toyota to put them there. Bad place too
Defgeph
QUOTE (Coomer @ May 5, 2004 - 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (macavely @ May 5, 2004 - 8:54 PM)

Those are change holders? I never knew that...I'll have to check that out tomorrow. smile.gif

hahaha
man When I saw the cup holder I was like oh **it really ? I felt dumb
I had the car like 2 days

defgeph
shid
I don't have those three little things- I guess I DO use the ashtrey! smile.gif hehe
Defgeph
Oh and the coin holder sucks, cause you can only hold six quarters not eight.

defgeph
5sfeTurbo
Hey does anyones change fall out on your left side pocket down into the wedge and backseat, I found like a downpayment on a house the other day back there.
macavely
i don't use the coin holder.. i just use the ashtry like everyone else.. it's great for holding coins and all those extra srews toyots put in the dash to piss me off..
lagos
my cupholders got a lot more usefull after i installed my short shifter. before that, i hated them because i was hard to shift when i had a cup in the holder.
aaronc222
QUOTE (5sfeTurbo @ May 6, 2004 - 12:38 AM)
Hey does anyones change fall out on your left side pocket down into the wedge and backseat, I found like a downpayment on a house the other day back there.

All the time. When I deliver pizza full time I can easily find $5+ if I don't clean the car for a couple days.
macavely
QUOTE (5sfeTurbo @ May 5, 2004 - 11:38 PM)

yea.. and the only way to get them out is to unbolt the seats.. found 20$ in coins in the old ST
Defgeph
I wash my car with that money
ghostdog
its always fun going through a toll on a long trip. you gotta take your drink out of the cup-holder and put it between your legs, then reach over lift the storage compartment and somehow manage to take out the change you need, all while you're holding the steering wheel and watching the road out of the corner of your eye. takes some coordination wink.gif
Defgeph
QUOTE (gh0st_d0g @ May 5, 2004 - 11:44 PM)
its always fun going through a toll on a long trip. you gotta take your drink out of the cup-holder and put it between your legs, then reach over lift the storage compartment and somehow manage to take out the change you need, all while you're holding the steering wheel and watching the road out of the corner of your eye. takes some coordination wink.gif

ez pass bruh wink.gif
macavely
QUOTE (defgeph @ May 5, 2004 - 11:45 PM)
QUOTE (gh0st_d0g @ May 5, 2004 - 11:44 PM)

ez pass bruh wink.gif

yea i should get that.. Sorry for makeing you guys wait so long.. smile.gif
ghostdog
QUOTE (defgeph @ May 6, 2004 - 12:45 AM)
ez pass bruh wink.gif

yeah but that ezpass thing is so ugly stuck on your windsheild wink.gif
Defgeph
QUOTE (gh0st_d0g @ May 5, 2004 - 11:50 PM)
QUOTE (defgeph @ May 6, 2004 - 12:45 AM)
ez pass bruh  wink.gif

yeah but that ezpass thing is so ugly stuck on your windsheild wink.gif

well you dont have to stick it on. Also they make one to put on ur plate.

I like to breeze through, Mac its all good

bufferdan
hahaha..i like shifting with my giant taco bell cup in the way!! Its awesome! OH ya, the change hold sucks..i use the ashtray too. I also dont like where the 12V cig output is..if you have a radar detector there it sticks out too much.. Otherwise i love the 6gc interior!!
subsolo_21
I didnt know there was a coin holder. I just used the ashtray, but I didn't have any trouble finding my cup holder. Mine is labeled as cup holder so it was pretty obvious, but maybe i'm just lucky. andyea the position of it sux.
Junior
There is a change holder?? I've had my car for 2 years i never knew that. I also find that if you take the ash tray out, the hole is a perfect holder for drinking boxes.
BlackCelicaGT94
ive had my car two years as of June 25th and im just finding out we have change holders? crazy! haha! i just keep a tiny plastic cup in the arm rest compartment for change!

it took me about 5 months before i found the drink carriers
macavely
damn i'm shocked so many people didn't know we had coin holders.. and for a good cupholder you can go at wal-mart and get one of those cup holders that you hook onto the air vents and hange it on the vent next to your window.. cup sit real nice right there out the way of everthing ..
Drocay
never knew about change holder, and i just use my ashtray to hold my cell phone fits perfect.
macavely
what the hell is that space next to the cig lighter for???
ghostdog
QUOTE (macavely @ May 6, 2004 - 1:03 PM)

altoids, cigarettes, air freshner... they all fit perfectly... lol
Defgeph
I put my remotes in there mac
Redline_Racer
HOLY CRAP! I can't believe I have a change holder! WOOT! haha I have had my celica for 6 months now and I just now discovered it!

I love you celica always surprising me,

-Brandon
macavely
i have another question what why doesn't the HB have 2 storge spaces in the trunk like the coupes?
BlackCelicaGT94
QUOTE (gh0st_d0g @ May 6, 2004 - 10:08 AM)
QUOTE (macavely @ May 6, 2004 - 1:03 PM)

altoids, cigarettes, air freshner... they all fit perfectly... lol

mine holds my lip gloss, bc, and chapstick!

shid
2 storage spaces/ What do u mean?
klr_toy
i think he is talking about the flaps in your trunk that open up. There is a plastic door to access the inside of the body panels there and store stuff. My right side has the jack in it. The left side is empty. So HB's just have one of these Mac? or none maybe?
macavely
yea just one.. toyota is missing the little things.. some one need to be slapped
Sirius
I realised I had a cup holder on the first day I bought the car....

I didnt realise I had 2 cup holders for about 3 months smile.gif just hadn't pulled the thing far enough out!
53xy5hot
Howdy guys! Wow, i just joined the forum and find out that there are coin holders and cup holders in my celi that i had for like 1 year!! Lol great stuff. Im gonna go play around with it now.
forkee
wow, a 3 page thread on cupholders and coinholders, lol. tongue.gif

oh and that storage in the trunk, i only have one too frown.gif i didnt kno coupes had two confused.gif

i have the jack in there along with some cloth towels, 2 extra quarts of oil, bright orange emergency vest (lol) and 1 liter of water biggrin.gif
LadyHavoc
*LOL*
Defgeph
I keep my turbo in the trunk compartment, right next to the jack

DEF
eyohannie
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but if you've just have your celi for a few months like me, you'll be surprised that...

HOLY CRAP WE HAVE CHANGE HOLDERS.

I am amazed...
CelicaBuddy
Mine has em...

There in my center console biggrin.gif

I thought that "coinholder" thing was an ash tray for them smokers out there... I just happne to put my coins in there too tongue.gif
eyohannie
QUOTE(CelicaBuddy @ Nov 3, 2005 - 2:48 PM)
Mine has em...

There in my center console biggrin.gif

I thought that "coinholder" thing was an ash tray for them smokers out there... I just happne to put my coins in there too tongue.gif
[right][snapback]352597[/snapback][/right]

Apparently they are under the cupholders. You have to lift the arm rest to get to it?
amysmojo
my cup holders prevent me from super sizing my meals @ fast food places. I always go for the medium cause the medium will fit in the cup holder lol

but i mostly use it as my cell phone holder!!
madmods
Actually after reading all the comments, there is a jdm coinholder in a brochure of jap celicas I have. I have yet to see one on this site.
Bigmeanbulldog55
What you've called the ash tray, that holds business cards or credit cards or whatever. It has little slots for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.