Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: supposed 2005 celica
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
sinner96ST
picture

user posted image

is this bs? can anyone dis-prove this?

i really, really, hope somebody can. that looks ugly as hell.
CaptainAmazing
Ya, that is pretty ugly. However, if they talking about an engine upgrade to 2.4L and 250hp then that would be pretty cool if it were put in a different body.
sinner96ST
found it on autospies.com. it also states it will only be released in japan.
Magic
Whatz wrong with TOYOTA guys??
mad.gif
They run out of ideas????

aaronc222
From what I've heard, Scion is getting the Celica this year and renaming it to the tC. 2.4l 168hp 160ft/lb.
Scion tC

:edit: TRD is already making parts for it.
macavely
i like it.. just not the color..
sinner96ST
well, i was at the dealership yesterday.. they're getting the TC's in stock (around my area) next month, and i hear they're just a blast to drive. can't wait to test drive one.. considering a 2004 celica is like 21 grand almost, the TC might be a cheaper alternative.
97sccelica
QUOTE (aaronc222 @ May 15, 2004 - 8:28 AM)
From what I've heard, Scion is getting the Celica this year and renaming it to the tC. 2.4l 168hp 160ft/lb.
Scion tC

:edit: TRD is already making parts for it.

the TC is very different from recent celica. it is going to be to the celica, as a civic is to an RSX, they are made for the same class, but one is more expensive.

and at the recent major auto shows, the toyota reps said that toyota is planning to still have the celica with a new model comming out soon
FallenHero
that car has a 350Z look to it... although I can also see the Scion TC in it's lines.
koan
I've seen that pic before, only as a supra concept.
sinner96ST
i've seen the supra concept, it looks different from that. although not too much. the front on the supra had headlights which were almost in the grill.
ghostdog
I actually like that design. the shape of the front bumper leaves something to be desired but I like the short front/rear overhang. not to mention the rear pillar remeniscent of the original celicas and those muscular fenders... its dead sexy biggrin.gif
shid
by the way, it repeatidly says Celica in that article, just to clear up any doubts there.. I'll translate the rest later
Kwanza26
I've seen/read about this already... although it's most likely not gonna make it in 2005... maybe 2006 or later. As for the engine... it's said yamaha is designing a head similar to the 2ZZGE head (VVTL-i) and it will probably sit on the 2AZ block, or a modified version of one (high compression, stronger rods, etc...). It was mentioned in Road and Track's new tuning magazine SPEED. As for the power output... it's estimated at 230 hp (which is around 250ps)... and will probably be in the 170-180 ft lbs of torque neighborhood (based on the 2AZFE).
sinner96ST
i'm sorry, i just can't see that car being anything close to a celica. I mean, if anything, our cars have gotten sharper lines over time. it looks to me like an extremely rounded off 7th gen front.

it's like they took a 7th gen / 6th gen / 350Z and merged them in to one car.
Akimbo
i see no 6th gen. just 7th and Z
sinner96ST
QUOTE (Akimbo @ May 15, 2004 - 8:23 PM)
i see no 6th gen. just 7th and Z

yeah, you're right.. the more i look at it.
Uppitycracker
Uhhh it looks more like a tiburon then anything. I like some of the shape but I have all this futuristic minimalist **** they do with concepts, remember the 80's, it didnt ****in work!
sinner96ST
QUOTE (Uppitycracker @ May 15, 2004 - 10:28 PM)
Uhhh it looks more like a tiburon then anything. I like some of the shape but I have all this futuristic minimalist **** they do with concepts, remember the 80's, it didnt ****in work!

you know what really looks like a newer tiburon in the front, is the scion TC.. since it was mentioned in this forum. I personally think the lights kinda look like it, with an extra flare towards the fenders.
saleeka
yeah TC looks like the child of a new tiburon and a 2005 volvo S40... now as for this pic lets rememebr this is ALL artist's rendering- not a spy shot... and if you look at it closely, i see first gen celica coupe modernized, imo... full width front grill, rear pillar vents, fender flaring, similar hood buldging effect...
sinner96ST
i remember a quote i heard that the new redesigned celica will be "going back to roots" so maybe this will be rwd or awd?
saleeka
if its going back to its roots awd isnt very likely, they were only st165 thru 205 (1988-end of 6th gen gt-4 whenever that was?)... and I dont see RWD coming back to the celi line is it is to be profitable in the same class it is right now... if anything I bet the "8th" gen will be a 7th gen with slighly modded chassis and a more powerful 1.8 vvtl-i, with fresher styling cues...
saleeka
ohh and another thing (although it isnt likely)- lets see a revival of the coupe body- the 7th gen is the only celica without a coupe brother.... frown.gif
sinner96ST
i want to know what that article says.. if anyone has any more info on this, it would be greatly appreciated. when and if they release this, i think 7th gens would come down in price, and i would actually be able to afford a gt-s.
Kwanza26
QUOTE (sinner96ST @ May 16, 2004 - 12:15 PM)
i want to know what that article says.. if anyone has any more info on this, it would be greatly appreciated. when and if they release this, i think 7th gens would come down in price, and i would actually be able to afford a gt-s.

I don't know about where you're from... but 7th gen GTS's around here are pretty cheap... cheaper than late model 6th gens actually. You can probably find a good condition 7th gen GTS 6 speed for around 8000-12000 dollars... of course, there are those who want about 15-16k private party value (they usually never get it)... but the cars just aren't worth that much any more... considering there are high numbers of those cars...
sinner96ST
QUOTE (Kwanza26 @ May 16, 2004 - 9:36 AM)
QUOTE (sinner96ST @ May 16, 2004 - 12:15 PM)
i want to know what that article says.. if anyone has any more info on this, it would be greatly appreciated.  when and if they release this, i think 7th gens would come down in price, and i would actually be able to afford a gt-s.

I don't know about where you're from... but 7th gen GTS's around here are pretty cheap... cheaper than late model 6th gens actually. You can probably find a good condition 7th gen GTS 6 speed for around 8000-12000 dollars... of course, there are those who want about 15-16k private party value (they usually never get it)... but the cars just aren't worth that much any more... considering there are high numbers of those cars...

ohh not around here man.. even on celica.net everyone who is selling their gt-s are usually asking 13k+

take a gander : link

either you're finding some pretty high mileage 7th gens, or i need to move elsewhere. average price for an AUTOMATIC GT is almost 13-15 grand. I don't even want to know what some dealers would ask for a 6 speed gt-s.
MyToyCeli
The only thing i dont like about the future celi is the front end, if it was less rounded and diddnt have that grey strip that runs from head light to headlight it wouldnt be to bad. As for the Scion Tc i think its a great lookiing car and the price isnt bad at all. I was at the NYC car show this year and they had a silver one there, i think its really sexy.
ParaNoiD
I like it ..... i think at least that it looks better then the 7gen Celica

im praying for a 8th gen Celica GT4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

not likely maby but one may always hope biggrin.gif
Kwanza26
To add more... it's gonna be based off of the Caldina. They've always said the Celicas are gonna go retro, but it NEVER happens. It was said in SPEED magazine that it's gonna be based off of the Caldina platform, which flipflopped platforms with Celicas, Coronas, and Corollas for the better part of 20 years. That being said... a GT-4 version might be possible, but that market is not what Toyota aims at (in the US at least)... so it's unlikely.

As for the picture... it sucks and don't ever take conceptual graphics literally. I doubt they'd make anything that ugly. It has a better chance of being similar to a Scion TC and/or a Solara than that thing (in the picture)...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.