Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: autoparts store intake??
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
macavely
just wanted to know if anyone has put one of those civic(univarsal) air intakes on there car.. that you get at most major autoparts store, on there 5sfe, and if so how is it working for you?

i'm asking cause i need a new intake hose.. mine is sliced.. but damn toyota i'm not paying 60 bucks for a rubber hose.. i rather just spend 24 and get and aluminum intake..
Einhander
I had one on my 7afe for around a year or more, actually works pretty well, only thing i had to do was cut it down (**i got the cold air intake for a civic) and drill the hole for the sensor, Mine came with a hose to attach the sensor, but i didn't trust that and just drilled out the bung for the hose attachment.
Negative
I'm using a topspeed intake on my 5S-FE and it's pretty generic. All i had to do was drill and tap a hose fitting for vent to the valve cover and take the sensor and wire it to the strut tower. see my pictures on my profile.
It works extremely well - a major improvement from stock. Uses more gas though.
Punch
my intake is off a CRX! I had to do some cutting & hose moving, but other wise no problem. my car runs fine.
macavely
i just used a civic intake 92-00 no drilling.. no cutting.. perfect fit.. and great sound.. check out my profile got a pic in there of it..
Akimbo
I've got the cheapie universal intake. I can't say that it gave horsepower cuz I can't tell tat without a dyno chart. However I will tell you the sound at idle is nice, and when you're giving the throttle hell the hisssssss is satisfying.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.