Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6th GEN facelift...
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Rick89GTS
Can someone tell me what year Toyota did the "facelift" on the 6th Gens and what those differences were? Any opinions on which looks better?
Thanks...(4th Gen guy, possibly looking for a 6th Gen)
0Re0
From 94' to 95
Rick89GTS
Please disregard this post; I just found the info I needed!
0Re0
The difference between the two are turn signals and their wing.
The 94' celi has orange turn signals with a wing that looks like this.user posted image.
The 95'-99' celi has clear turn signals with a wing that looks like this user posted image
0Re0
QUOTE (Rick89GTS @ Feb 15, 2003 - 9:58 PM)
Please disregard this post; I just found the info I needed!

Too late....LOL
Charlie97L
QUOTE (0Re0 @ Feb 15, 2003 - 9:55 PM)
From 94' to 95

um actualliy, it was 96+ ... 94-95 had the non-clear turn signals and 2 post spoiler.
0Re0
QUOTE (Charlie97L @ Feb 15, 2003 - 10:48 PM)
QUOTE (0Re0 @ Feb 15, 2003 - 9:55 PM)
From 94' to 95

um actualliy, it was 96+ ... 94-95 had the non-clear turn signals and 2 post spoiler.

haha...youre right biggrin.gif
ghostdog
lol... 0Re0 r u drunk?

heheee tongue.gif
Milds3vn
My 97 Celica St has a side skirt (see profile) on it for some reason. I don't know if it was a factory option or if they added that for my year as a facelift? Its pretty nice cause when I do exterior work I don't really need to change the skirt just add a front spoiler and back peice. biggrin.gif
Mage
Yeah, I have factory side skirts, too. I was sort of surprised to learn that some (or most I guess) didn't come with them... though before even buying my car, I don't think I had ever seen a 6th gen celica before. Anyways, it was an option we could choose, I think maybe only 97-99 though.
ghostdog
factory sideskirts were a dealer option on 96-97 cars. some special designation models, such as the 25th Aniv and the 97 LE came with them standard. they also came standard on 98-99 models.
Blackcelliman
QUOTE (gh0st_d0g @ Feb 16, 2003 - 10:14 AM)
factory sideskirts were a dealer option on 96-97 cars. some special designation models, such as the 25th Aniv and the 97 LE came with them standard.

I have a 97 LE, and when I bought it in 2000, it did not come with sideskirts. I wish it did though.
SuperCharged
Which Year has this rear?
user posted image

and which year has this one?

user posted image

I like the second better..

thanks

-Michael-
marcusk
its not so much the years....just one is a convertable(same as coupes) and the other a hatch.. hatch>coupe/convertable by far.
RedWuken
yeah convertables suck.. too many problems.. too little securety
-Red Wuken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.