Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: high mileage on the celica what should i do next?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
oOoHuY
just yesterday i gave my car a oil change and the mileage is 190,xxx but the car runs so smoothly.... i can run 80mph constant with out shakings or any thing but when i run at 80 mph im like at 3.6k rpm . i was woundering what i should do with the motor? rebuild it swap it or buy another car...... i wanna do a swap but dont know which 1 i have a 7-afe is it normal for my car to idle at 0.9k rpm? is that bad? and thanks for listenin
Rjb23
Thats sounds normal to me.
slipgun
exactly what mine does, just cruse her till she dies, then swap in another 7afe or 3sgte, it will be cheaper then a new car, sexier then a new car, and if you 3sgte faster then many of the new cars.
Digndoug
The thign to keep in mind about doing a swap, yes it will be a nice newer engine, an be real cool, but dont foget everythign else on the car has 190k too.. There for a lot of stuff will end up going.. and if its your daily driver, i would do it.. get a new cra, but dont get ride of yours.. depending on the money, i would say get a nice cheap low milage car.. that wil be an every day and then slowly do your swap or what not.
sinner96ST
not uncommon for toyota engines to run that long, and that good. you've gotta respect the fact that a car with almost 200,000 miles runs almost as good as it does when it left the factory.

you could always swap it out with another engine.. but like Digndoug said, everything else on the car has still seen the mileage. i would keep it around as a project car, maybe swapping in a 3s or something similiar.

if you decided to sell it, not many people are willing to pay a high price for a car with almost 200k on the odometer.
o8poa8o
i've seen an old 4 runner (the kind with the removable tops) with nearly 400k, never been rebuilt, still starts up and drives everyday.
KAMiX
Yeah there are loads of toyota utes/pickups in Australia that have clocked their odo's (1,000,000 km's). Some guy I met in the country showed me a 1988? Toyota hilux with 1460km's on it biggrin.gif

Toyota builds their stuff to last.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.