Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 580HP CELICA Gt4!!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
latinomasfino
i just received the new issue of Japanese performance and damnnnnn all i can say is that the GT4 featured is soo sexy anyone want to check it out just go here http://www.grasshopper-prosport.co.uk/mainframeset.htm
aznxrussel
here are the photos for the lazy people:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Defgeph
damn thats sweet any engine pics ?
latinomasfino
QUOTE (defgeph @ Jun 15, 2004 - 12:44 AM)
damn thats sweet any engine pics ?

umm unfortunately i dont think they have the pics of teh engine on the site...but in teh new isssue damnnn HKS stroker KIt its nice and damnn huge ass turbo its a GReddy T67 25G
Hym3n
25G holy ****... wow.

-brian
Jen
Very VERY nice!! Amazing.
WannabeGT4
the giant metal flake and orange/green pearl are fugly but 580HP makes up for it.
Hym3n
I'm not a big fan of the front bumper, but the paint looks very nice, as does the hatch spoiler. He needs JDM tails!

-brian
obi1kinob
I think that bodykit is hot ****.
sinner96ST
that car is godly, besides the paint job.

all it needs are projectors. the color would be awesome if it was darker.
latinomasfino
QUOTE (WannabeGT4 @ Jun 15, 2004 - 1:21 AM)
the giant metal flake and orange/green pearl are fugly but 580HP makes up for it.

there is no greeen in the paint it just looks like that in the pics,,,,u have to see the pics in teh magazine OMG its just toooo sexy man bright orange beautiful and its odd too that he hasnt gotten JDM tails and his interior besides painting the dash and side panels orange is standard..stock seats.. hes has nice APEXI boost controller and other gauges
latinomasfino
for those who want better pics go here http://www.chpltd.com/japanese_performance/gtfour.html
Phat_Boi
QUOTE (aznxrussel @ Jun 15, 2004 - 12:43 AM)
here are the photos for the lazy people:

Thanks.

The car is nice, I really like that color, and that body is hot. Wish I had that car.
latinomasfino
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
latinomasfino
the rear bumper is one of the most sexiest i have seen on a celica biggrin.gif
WannabeGT4
QUOTE (latinomasfino @ Jun 14, 2004 - 7:50 PM)

there is no greeen in the paint it just looks like that in the pics,,,,u have to see the pics in teh magazine OMG its just toooo sexy man bright orange beautiful and its odd too that he hasnt gotten JDM tails and his interior besides painting the dash and side panels orange is standard..stock seats.. hes has nice APEXI boost controller and other gauges

Yeah now that I see the other pics, I have to agree, it is f---ing hot. Must have just been the lighting in the garage. I don't like the front that much either but at least it's unique.... what am I talking about 580hp and he can put any f---ing kit he wants on it and I'll still cream every time I see it.
latinomasfino
QUOTE (WannabeGT4 @ Jun 15, 2004 - 3:51 AM)
QUOTE (latinomasfino @ Jun 14, 2004 - 7:50 PM)

Yeah now that I see the other pics, I have to agree, it is f---ing hot. Must have just been the lighting in the garage. I don't like the front that much either but at least it's unique.... what am I talking about 580hp and he can put any f---ing kit he wants on it and I'll still cream every time I see it.

HAHA i totally agree man he dont even have racnig seats or BREMBO brakes but who cares lOL
NYCelica
I dont know what Sexier....Body kit or the Color!
Magic
I bought the magazine:)
The car looks great,they said they waiting for the Motec to be install and then they will talk about serious HP:)
Great car,i was never a fan of stroker but this beast looks great:)
A great example about the GT4 racing spirit:)
dstrbcelica
i loooooooooooove that paint job.
latinomasfino
QUOTE (Magic @ Jun 15, 2004 - 6:30 AM)
I bought the magazine:)
The car looks great,they said they waiting for the Motec to be install and then they will talk about serious HP:)
Great car,i was never a fan of stroker but this beast looks great:)
A great example about the GT4 racing spirit:)

yea man Motec i heard rules...how much HP do u think it will be able to handle once they upgrade to it? they are pushing the limits on this 4 cylinder car hehe
Magic
I think it should get close to 700hp but this is depent from the tuner of course:)
I`m waiting for them to announce time slips for this car...

biggrin.gif
latinomasfino
QUOTE (Magic @ Jun 15, 2004 - 1:36 PM)
I think it should get close to 700hp but this is depent from the tuner of course:)
I`m waiting for them to announce time slips for this car...

biggrin.gif

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 700 LOL on a 4 cylinder car bowdown.gif
uzthedentist
yeah lets wait for a dyno slip first

this car is running 2 intercoolers, the standard chargecoller and an fmic
apexi avc r and apexi pfc why have 2 boost controllers??
apexi safc why 2 fuel computers??
blitz induction kit (although its hks in the pic)
blitz dump valve (although no dump valve in the pic)

fensport have used the 2.2l stroker but they keep splitting blocks a 2 bar boost, even though ive mailed this company they dont reply about specs. Just seems odd 2 me why theyve got two of anything as in Japan they have big power skylines running 2 bar on the apexi pfc only fully mapped.

If they have achieved it then good luck to them, but i am a bit sceptical. Theres a competition called 10 of the best on august first which im sure theyll be at so ill take pics o it if its there
latinomasfino
QUOTE (uzthedentist @ Jun 15, 2004 - 11:24 PM)
yeah lets wait for a dyno slip first

this car is running 2 intercoolers, the standard chargecoller and an fmic
apexi avc r and apexi pfc why have 2 boost controllers??
apexi safc why 2 fuel computers??
blitz induction kit (although its hks in the pic)
blitz dump valve (although no dump valve in the pic)

fensport have used the 2.2l stroker but they keep splitting blocks a 2 bar boost, even though ive mailed this company they dont reply about specs. Just seems odd 2 me why theyve got two of anything as in Japan they have big power skylines running 2 bar on the apexi pfc only fully mapped.

If they have achieved it then good luck to them, but i am a bit sceptical. Theres a competition called 10 of the best on august first which im sure theyll be at so ill take pics o it if its there

oo nice info man yea take some pics... yea i also say the 2 boost controllers and was like wati a minute..
tsiah
that car is orgasmic.....
580 hp...omfg

CF exhaust....thats badass...wonder how much thats worth tongue.gif
mmorg3053
Sorry to put a downer on thing guys, but Grasshopper Pro Sports (the guys who did the work) are a couple of hundred yards from where I live. So I have been in there a few time. Lost count now. But this car is rather erm...tatty. The interior is poor. And I wouldnt believe the claims until proven to be honest.
jojobombiest
2 spoilers? cwm13.gif
Tressa95
Thanks for sharing the pics. Car looks good but I am not crazy about either of the spoilers. If the car can do what they say it can looks don't matter!
latinomasfino
QUOTE (mmorg3053 @ Jun 17, 2004 - 1:25 AM)
Sorry to put a downer on things guys, but Grasshopper Pro Sports (the company who did the work on the car) are about 200yards from where I live, so I have been there numerous times. Anyway, the car is rather erm...tatty. The interior is poor, and I wouldnt believe the power claims until proven to be honest.

yea like i said b4 the interior could use some work and those numbers are rather incredible....let us know when they release the results of the dyno
uzthedentist
I wouldnt hold your breath on that
Magic
uzthedentist i took a closer look on the pictures of the magazine and i tried to find where and how THE HELL DID THEY CONNECT THE CHARGECOOLER AND THE INTERCOOLER!!!!!!Its really interesting.
BTW if you look closer to the photos the front bumper where the plate is there are some serious scrats!!!Poor GT4 frown.gif
uzthedentist
yep well the fact the chap hasnt shown his face on the gt4 owners club tells a lot. 2 intercoolers why in the hell?? look at the spec list its a thing of pure comedy. Torsen LSDs swapped for cuscos why?? it was good enough for tte in the wrc. Oh yeah and according to them the stick gt4 brakes are crap but stock supra ones are fantastic. THEYRE THE SAME FREAKIN BRAKES!!

oh by the way look on the right hand side of the engine bay, can u see any water pipes there?
Speeder
An early pic of the engine bay, a poor one rolleyes.gif

user posted image
95WRC
Hey,
This is a little bit of useless info about car ..

Any of you with a Celica Hyper rev book (first 1) well the Varis car in red in that book is this car ...

The car was sold at auction 4 or 5 years ago and imported to UK ..

The car was first feature in JP may/jun 01 which i have ..

The only thing they changed was the rear spoiler as it now has TRD style but IMHO with roof spoiler too it is a bit much ..

The way you know it is the Varis car as well is the red dash , tons of varis carbon fiber bits and the fresh air vent on the roof ..

Also i bought issue and the fact that i own a 95 GT4 WRC and a real TRD wing and i STILL have not picked it up 1800 miles away makes me ILL .. i have LHD conv already to install too..ugh ..

Derek
mmorg3053
Yeah, I heard rumours that that car already had most of the jobs done on it.
Magic
What do you mean guys??That the car came from Japan ready??(Engine Rebuilt)
I havent seen any other import coming with those upgrades,and especially with a stroker!!!!!
Yes the Front bumper is Varis i have the Hyper Rev mag also and its the same:)
uzthedentist i havent seen any water pipes....hmmm....i think they "misdirection" us with all those bull**** info they giving.
They should say "Guys look we put this and this" to be easy for us to make our choices in the future. mad.gif they keeping it secret like lets say "AREA 51"!!

GIVE ME A BREAK!!
uzthedentist
well theyll find out soon enough when the block splits at 2 bar. Funny that they can only map 1.6 bar with 2 boost controllers, 2 fuel computers and an ecu when we have people in the gt4oc running 2 bar with an apexi power fc only
TRDCelicaFan
Man, that's one extreme GT-Four. The highest I've ever seen one taken until now is about 460bhp
mmorg3053
Try this page
http://gt4oc.unstable.org.uk/viewtopic.php...ghlight=corolla
KAMiX
That is high for a celica. I have heard of much more powerful 3s' tho... there were supposedly a few 1000+ hp supras running 3s' in one of the jap series, maybe JGTC a couple of years ago. A guy works on 3s-gte's in my state and he is in an article on www.autospeed.com He built up a 3s for a desert buggy, and that ran at up to 500 hp @ 2bar. Crazy thing about this engine though, is that the torque and HP are pretty much constant from about 4000-7000 rpm. They could have got more power but he was aiming for torque for the buggy racing.

user posted image

user posted image

How's that for a crazy test rig.

Sorry if I hijacked the thread but people were calling for dyno sheets biggrin.gif
latinomasfino
nice article man...hmm desert buggy GT4 heheh damn and this was oct 2002! hey i have always wondered why the 3sgte was never a popular engine to modify, unlike the hondas or even nissans
KAMiX
Yeah I've actually seen a few buggies running 3's. I was at a meet out in the desert (don't ask why I was in the desert) maybe a year ago and there were 3 of them with worked 3's.
latinomasfino
QUOTE (KAMiX @ Jun 20, 2004 - 3:01 PM)
Yeah I've actually seen a few buggies running 3's. I was at a meet out in the desert (don't ask why I was in the desert) maybe a year ago and there were 3 of them with worked 3's.

damn man i guess its popular in austrailia...i lwould love to see soem pics of a buggy GT4 wink.gif
Magic
I`m sure that 3SGTE can hold very easy some hundreds of BHP especially for daily driving. biggrin.gif
The point is not to built a monster and cant drive it or just race a couple of times at tracks,the point is to ENJOY IT,so where are you going to drive a 1000BHP SUPRA or SKYLINE??Just spend a fortune to go just under 10 secs???GIVE ME A BREAK.I`m pretty sure that GT4 has everything(AWD,Great Suspension,Wild LOOK,RELIABLE,POWER). biggrin.gif
neoklis
I agree with Magic on this one. I have been driving my Curren for the last couple of days and i realized that the SS II is too boring for me now. The GT4 is great (maybe not so exciting for straight line low flights) but its great for daily driving and regular road boosting.

second on the doom buggy pics.
creis
I hate roof wings. there usless. witch is funny because they defer the air just enogh to make the real wing usless too. but DANG thant car is nice. sept the paint yuky. well i guess i really dont like it, BUT LOVE THE ENGINE.
obi1kinob
http://www.celica.net/videos/Rally/gt4-ral...istory.mpg.mpeg

Gotta love the accent.

SayLeeKah!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.