Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spare Tire Question
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
hermo69
Hey guys,

Sup y'all! I've got 17's on my ride and lowered with eibach sportlines. Now, I have a 14" Spare which i took out to put my subs in but i kinda want a spare just in case. Can I still use that spare if the tire makes the wheel the same size as the 17 or will that mess things up? For all you guys out there with the same situation, what did you do?

Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated..........

confused.gif
Coomer
You can still use your spare, just make sure you don't drive long with it on. Also, don't drive too hard or very fast with the spare on. I've got 17" wheels on my car and I had to drive with a spare when I blew out a tire a couple months ago.

Oh yeah, make sure your spare has air in it. I found out that mine didn't once I had it bolted on and lowered the car back down.
Paule
Hey,

I got what is called a space saver tyre, it is half the width of a normal tyre and fits flat with the floor in the celica, so my subs fit flat over the top. It is the same diameter as the normal ones, so it is fine to use. You can only use it for a very short time thou, just to get to the tyre shop, coz it is hard to drive with. I don't know if you have them where you are thou, I'm in Australia. I haven't had to use it yet, so I don't know how good they actually are!!
Anyway.......good luck!!

Paule

user posted image
97GTinKC
I would put the space-saver on the rear and use 2 of the regular wheels on the front if I had more than a couple of miles to go (assuming the front was the one with the flat) its more work, but safer, the front has more weight, and its not good for the transaxle to have diff size tires, differential gears would always be turning like you were always in a turn. .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.