Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aussie defects
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
ShadowFX
okay okay, my dad just got home from work, the first word he says, defect. dammit! this is in australia, i guess its the same thing in the us as cops pulling you over because theres something wrong with your car (a defect). what was it for you may ask? ok ok, brace yourselves, white headlights.. on the ticket it says that blue tint must be removed from headlights, even thought i have no blue tint on them!!! theyre just super whites... and i got a yellow sticker for that. i am so pi**ed off right now.. arrgghh!

user posted image
Supersprynt
cant u fight it?
LatinKraze
Just tell them that their DOT approved. Am I even on the right track? Do they have DOT in Aussie land? Or is it just for headlights and not bulbs?
KAMiX
Nah the way the system works is basically cops can defect you for whatever they want, they don't actually have to prove that there's anything wrong with the car. Do you have to go thru regency to get it approved Shad (if they did that just for headlights I will not be happy)?

That is one of the crappier defects I have seen, but one of my friends got defected for "making too much tire smoke" (he bagged it up in front of a cop), not sure exactly how you are supposed to cure that one biggrin.gif

They are supposed to use defects just for dangerous or unroadworthy problems with cars (eg, smog, tires, mechanical stuff), but if you piss the piggies off they will hit you with all sorts of weird and wonderful defects.
Supersprynt
Ok so can u take that sticker off?

What does it do if u have that on there now?
ShadowFX
yeah, got 10 days to get it approved again. dad's gonna take it in on monday frown.gif thats $60 down the drain. yeahit was just for the headlights. the cop said that blue tint needs to be removed, thats all tat was on the ticket. i think he was suprised to see a stock engine... lol.

user posted image

that doesnt look blue to me. does it to any of you?
saleeka
so just put the old bulbs back in, and then after its approved put the white ones back in?
Hanyo
so white... I LIKE..
Defgeph
atleast the sticker matches ur car ! lol sorry had to do it

lame cop with nothing beter to do i guess. Look all white to me

Sorry man
DEF
chucho
sorry to hear that, for once i'm glad not to be an aussie lol
ShadowFX
dad took the car over the pits today, $52 to get it checked but no fine for it.. guyess im happy with that. i just changed the stockies back in.. grrr.
tysO
looks kinda like sylvania silverstars smile.gif i got those
Negative
QUOTE (tysO @ Jun 22, 2004 - 1:21 PM)
looks kinda like sylvania silverstars smile.gif i got those

Is that what the silverstars look like? I was thinking of getting those.
Tweek
Looks like you already had it done, I was gonna say just go with what you got and tell them you fixed it. That sux that they charge you. Over here, they give your a fix-it ticket, but all you have to do is show it to a cop and mail it in when its done. No charge, and the ticket dosent cost anything if you do it within 10 days. I had one about a month ago when I burnt out a headlight.
turboinduction
QUOTE (Negative @ Jun 22, 2004 - 4:12 PM)
QUOTE (tysO @ Jun 22, 2004 - 1:21 PM)
looks kinda like sylvania silverstars smile.gif  i got those

Is that what the silverstars look like? I was thinking of getting those.

Yea, I just put in silverstars the other weekend. PURE WHITE. Its awesome, no blue, just white. Just like Shadows.
Negative
So they are better than the hyperwhites which have the blue halo around it?
Andason
i bet its just the tinting of the bulb hes bitching about:

look at the high beams (ones out because im drying up the condensation)

user posted image
Negative
Yeah those look great and there like half the price of the siverstars. That's what I'll get.
BTW - nice car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.