Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ONE DAY İN JAİL WİTH MY GT FOUR
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
tufy
i dont know what to do now. mad.gif they want me to remove my gt spec mufler. and i cannot drive my car now. i have to take it to test again to show them that its not loud any more. confused.gif
jojobombiest
I hate cops. They made my friend remove his whole exhaust system because of some law they probably made up.. "magnafied exhaust" or something..
shid
take it off and put it back on again, or look up some cheap ways to muffle the exhaust some more- it happens at the SCCA a lot because they have noise restrictions on the cars running
tufy
3'' stainles stell piping goes above rear diffransial very hard to make piping, not like in st models. and i dont want to cut this pipin. or remove rear silencer. i took my car to a man that makes custom exoust and ordered a mid pipe between flexy and where gt spec starts. i hope this ll cut noisy sound.
Andason
QUOTE (tufy @ Jun 19, 2004 - 3:52 AM)
3'' stainles stell piping goes above rear diffransial very hard to make piping, not like in st models. and i dont want to cut this pipin. or remove rear silencer. i took my car to a man that makes custom exoust and ordered a mid pipe between flexy and where gt spec starts. i hope this ll cut noisy sound.

meh, just ship me your car and ill take it around in the US.
Drocay
get some type of temporary silencer.
uzthedentist
just take the midpipe out and fit a baffle
playr158
BRILLO PADS stuff sum down your muffler and it will get alot quieter..they will eventually blow out in a day or so
Magic
mad.gif mad.gif
Man they put you in jail for the sound of the exhaust????
I think you should find a good lawyer and F&$^% THEM!
XXX_Mina
i just went to jail for the first time 2 days ago... arrested for going 120mph in a 70 mph zone... wreckless driving is what he called it... cops suck dick...

Mina
lagos
QUOTE (XXX_Mina @ Jun 20, 2004 - 12:37 AM)
i just went to jail for the first time 2 days ago... arrested for going 120mph in a 70 mph zone... wreckless driving is what he called it... cops suck dick...

Mina

dood...at 120 you could have killed a lot of people. you will probably loose your right to drive for at least 3-6 months now.
shid
120 in a 70 zone isn't that bad lagos;

120 in a 50? yeah.

But when they raise the limit from the normal 65 to a 70, it basically means the road is usually clear, not in a populated area, straight, etc etc etc.
Rjb23
QUOTE (shid @ Jun 20, 2004 - 6:32 PM)
120 in a 70 zone isn't that bad lagos;

120 in a 50? yeah.

But when they raise the limit from the normal 65 to a 70, it basically means the road is usually clear, not in a populated area, straight, etc etc etc.

Where in FL is there an unpopulated highway?
uzthedentist
yep save that 4 the track
ziyadkahid
I dont know why cops be trippin about how loud our cars are!!! confused.gif Just take a look at those damn Harley's. They be making twice the noise and the cops dont be pulling them over or making laws for them. They just need more money in my opinion and target us because most of us are young. mad.gif
tufy
they stop me every time they see. i drived my mothers toyota corolla 5 months( while my car was at paint shop). and they didnt stoped me once confused.gif
is a person suspect only when he is drivin a red sport car.
i think they are jealous of our cars.
tim86
id put the gtspec on mine... nobody really cares in florida tongue.gif hope you find a solution tho man
neoklis
Hey man, sorry to hear about your troubles. My GT Spec just arrived and i am going to put it on next week. Now you are making me think about putting a silencer on. I may be selling my stock exhast if you want it. PM me.
tufy
rolleyes.gif i broke my bumper last week, they put me in jail just 1 hour after i took my car from paint shop, and now look what my engineer did!!!!!!!!!
thats too much for one week.. mad.gif
user posted image
neoklis
Hey man,wtf is going on? your michanic mus be a real idiot to do that damage. Sorry for your bad luck man.
Magic
Who is that Engineer man????F&%^$!!!!
tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
Neoklis you are missing the meeting!!!! mad.gif
Chrobis
QUOTE (XXX_Mina @ Jun 19, 2004 - 11:37 PM)

Mina

All I can say is, way to use the 3s-gte smile.gif

and power to ya, to bad u got caught though frown.gif
doGGy
Tufy, i feel ya man.... I did the same with my sides last year..... Now i now how to lift my car (first i drive onto some sort of spacers that i made, and only then i lift my car... frown.gif ) I would whouped your mechanic ass for doing this..... And made him pay lots of $.....

Sorry man....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.