Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally! I got my car!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
obi1kinob
96 white toyota celica convertible
96k miles, no engine troubles that i could tell.
black leather interior, 4 slight openings need restitching
one slightly cracked headlight, other than that no exterior damage. no dings or paint scratches whatsoever.

carfax shows clean record, no salvage, no odometer fraud.

asking 8k, i got it down to 7.7k, out the door: 8.8k

ok thats the readers digest version.

Here's the long story. It all started a few days ago when I finally found a convert for a decent price. I live in Sac, but I found a 97 convert, 100k miles going for 7.5k but its in LA. After heavy thought, I start making arrangements to get there and get the car. Loan is preapproved but my dad is cosigner and needs to be there. His days off dont match with mine so i pull in 2 10 hour shifts to have a short day on friday (today).

Thursday I get done with my 10 hour shift and head to the insurance agency to add a policy for a 97 vert. I get some liability and I'm ready to go. My bank requires me to have insurance for the car in order to get a check. I go home and get ready to leave for LA. The timing is very tight. I get there by 3-4 am and sleep for a few hours till they open the bank and dealership at 8am. I'm supposed to be back at work at 2pm to do the half shift. I still gotta drive 6-7 hours back to sac to get to work. 2pm minus 6 hours is 8am. So I basically have to buy the car instantly with magic then dodge traffic jams through LA modesto san jose san fransisco up into sacramento. That was the plan. I get back home and get ready to leave...

While my dad was getting ready, I checked autotrader. Why? I have no ****ing clue. But thank god, because another car was uploaded on the site THAT day. Its in san jose only 2 hours south. its a 96 but they're asking for 500 more.

**** it, 500 dollars aint worth going all the way to LA. I cancel the LA and make plans to go tomorrow to san jose. Maps are printed.. I crash onto my bed which is 3/4 covered even now. I fell asleep sideways with my feet sticking out on 1/4 of the bed. Wake up at 7 or so, we get ready. we leave about 8.

oh bejeesus, the insurance policy is on the wrong car. i rush over to the agency to do an endorsement, now they want pictures and all that bull ****. so franklin at sac1 tells me to talk to Kevin at San lorenzo. I get to the dealership and look at the car.

93 mr2 turbo sitting few cars away. neato. My focus was on the celica of course. We arrange the price at 7.7 as i said above, and i drive the car to my insurance company to take pics and switch cars. oh and lucky me, my bank needs full coverage to give me a loan. my monthly payment jumps to $anumbersohighidontevenwanttosayit.00 its 2pm now. I should have been back. I call my manager but my general manager picks up. YEESh, I explain to her and she's ok with me not being able to make it to work today. Whew.

Now I have to find the bank. Yay to taking wrong exits and going back and forth aimlessly. Finally I find it, bank gives a little trouble but it all goes good at the end. loan for 8800 at 15% (yeah i know, another thing trying to get shoved up my ass. I really need lube for all of this). whats really stupid is my payment is less than my insurance. Dealer dude sees this and says no way, talk to my credit union friend and he'll hook you up with at most 8.99%. I say yay and start driving back my celica at 6pm.

Bam traffic up the butt. My feet started hurting pressing the damn clutch.. OH YEAH i forgot to say that its 5 speed! anyway my feet are sore now frown.gif now 2 hours of driving plus 1:30 hours of traffic.. I am home, I am tired, and I'm a proud new owner of a 6gc!
obi1kinob
How do I edit under my avatar to show what kind of car I have?

Btw I still have free vin checks for a little while if anyone needs me to check one let me know.
Defgeph
damn that is a long story congrats !!! Woot
SlowCelica94
It always has to happen the hard way, doesnt it?
shid
Nice! you found a 5 speed vert! good job!
Drocay
that great man, congrats.
jgreening
congrats obi...let the fun begin.
Silver94CelicaOwner
Yea i know how much of a pain it can be to try and get what you want. When i first got my car, it turned out to be a total pain due to several reasons but it was worth it in the end.
Benevolence
WOW just reading your story made me feel exhausted, glad you got what you want.
KAMiX
Funny story. Sounds like what happens to me whenever I buy anything over $1000 biggrin.gif

Patience is a virtue... really it is... or so they say...

nah **** it! I want it now! hehe GL on the new car and you were real lucky to find one so close. When I got mine it had to be white, and a manual, and I struggled to find anything newer than 1994. So I went with it, and 1 week later saw a brand new 99 model with a sunroof + full options. Was a little pissed but that's the way things go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.