Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Semi OT
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
celicababy6588
Hi you guys i just joined this site today.....
I do not have a celica nor do i have a car, although i do love celicas and would love to own one.
I am starting to save up money to get either a 1997 Celica ST or a 1994 Celica.
For those of you who bought your celicas without any help from any one how did u save up and where did u find the best prices. I am determined to own a celica even if it takes a while, i just would like some suggestions on what you guys would do.

Thanks so much Manda biggrin.gif
subsolo_21
Welcome to the site.

I bought mine for $4k from a local guy who owned it and took great care of it. I got really lucky to find it. I didnt know anything about Celicas, but i was looking for a new ride b/c my Bronco was burning too much gas and I had already had to rebuild the engine in it. I saw the guy pull into a parking lot w/ a for sale sign. I thought it was a nice looking car so I wrote down the phone # and called when I got home. I took it for a test drive that afternoon and within a week she was mine. I love my car. As far as the $ goes I got the bank to finance it for me. My payments are $130 a month. I'm working @ the golf course every day so I can easily make the payments and buy mods. smile.gif If you're saving just don't buy unneeded crap like new clothes, video games, etc.

A word of advice- go for the gt if you can afford the insurance and be sure you get a celi that is already in good shape. Good Luck!
funnyboy117

You might also want to do a search (upper right hand corner of your screen) to see the differences between the 94-95 celica and the 96-99. Also, check other differences between the ST and GT, even the coupe and the hatchback. This should help you make the right decision.

obi1kinob
You can read my exhausting story here, http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13591

I waited for about 3 months till I got tired and jumped on one.
Tweek
I picked up my celi from a guy online. I just blew up my fiero and needed some new wheels quick. The guy I found it for was selling his daughters car, who had to leave the country on business, so I got a deal on it. I did an auto auction once too, you can find some sweet deals there from repo'd and impounds, but I'd take someone who knows cars with you.

As far as saving, get a jobby job. How close are you to graduating? Thats always a bit of cash that can get you started with enough of a down payment for a bank to finance ya. When all else fails... beg, borrow, steal, or sell crack to your friends. Just keep saving while you keep your eye out for a sweet deal.
macavely
Frist Celica a 95 ST got it used from the toyota dealership my uncle works at.. after 4 years of payments it ended up being around 10k..

second celica a 95 GT i got for a little under 3k used the insurance money i got for the ST to pay for that one..
KAMiX
Welcome to 6gc! Do you have a job? I got lucky and my dad paid 2/3 of mine for my 21st, but I had to pay the rest. Usually a job helps biggrin.gif If you want better prices buy it from a private seller, but if you want warantee or guarantees about the cars condition, go for a Toyota dealer.

And you really should get a GT if at all posible. It is almost sporty where ST's are just slow frown.gif
gtcelica94
i got mine 2 months ago for 3600 with 80k miles
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.