Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: celica 7agte
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Pages: 1, 2
frotou
Need to complete the exhaust and some wiring , but it started ! Here are the last pics...

The engine

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Custom wiring

user posted image

Part of fmic piping

user posted image

More later ...

Claude
macavely
and Mac bows down... bowdown.gif
sinner96ST
never seen a set up like that, very clean!
dstrbcelica
omfg..that's crazy.
Jeremy1210
Looks really clean and sharp. Good job. What head is that?
macavely
looks like the head off a 4age I'm i right??
Jen
VERY nice. I'm impressed.
S_C_M
Very nice, but it seems a shame to put all that effort into the setup and still use that flapper-door AFM. Still, very impressive work on the 7AG. Did you build up the bottom end at all?

If you don't mind me asking, what solution did you chose for the water pump? The builds I've seen ended up using the 4AGE pump with a lengthened coolant pipe.
frotou
I know that the afm is not the best for this setup but it supposed to be not too restrictive until 260-280 hp range. I'm not plan to run high boost before next year ; 8-10 lbs for this year. The bottom received oem 4agze piston, polished 7afe rods and crank , all balanced . I still belived that the oem rods can take 16-18 lbs of boost with right tunning ... we will see. For the water pump it's the 7afe pump with the metal hose from 4age cut and couple with a hose coolant .

The 316 ss manifold

user posted image

My car before the ultime paint job

user posted image

Claude
95STHATCH
I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I saw these pics. That has got to be the most insane engine work in a celica I've ever seen! Did you do all this work yourself? You should be contacting some magazines right now.
Batman722
That's like a work of art. If you don't mind me asking, how much is this whole thing costing ?
playr158
yea, how much is this costing, and some info please,

4age head?
custom exhaust manifold?
t3 turbo?
how did you mate the head and the block?
FallenHero
what radiator is that? I didn't think they made one for a celica...
jgreening
beautiful. Nice work.
Kwanza26
Again... awesome job. I'll probably do this eventually myself... ;]
97sccelica
you rule

that is a prime example of a true import tuner.
sinner96ST
yeah, good job on a unique hybrid.

we want video / dyno / slips ! keep us updated. this is an awesome ride.. should be front page material.
S_C_M
QUOTE (frotou @ Jun 25, 2004 - 2:42 AM)
The bottom received oem 4agze piston, polished 7afe rods and crank , all balanced . I still belived that the oem rods can take 16-18 lbs of boost with right tunning ... we will see. For the water pump it's the 7afe pump with the metal hose from 4age cut and couple with a hose coolant .

I agree with you that the 7A bottom end is stronger than it's given credit for if it's assembled properly. I'm sure you will be fine at your initial boost levels, and probably further; there's just not a lot of data on 7A parts past ~12psi that I've seen. It certainly sounds and looks like you're doing things right. Thanks for the water pump information also.
ghostdog
awesome setup.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THIS SITE SHOULD BE ABOUT
frotou
The 4age head bolt direct on the block with the 4age head gasket , I use arp head bolt for an 4age too . But all the others things don't bolt togheter ; coolant system , intake , wiring , sensor , ecu are from 4age big port fwd . There are custom bracket for alternator and power stearing .

For the radiator is from integra 94+
with custom bracket on top and bracket under are replace .

The turbo is a t3 super60 from turbonetics buy on ebay.

For the manifold I have the flange for the head and for the turbo (t3), 12 elbows (11 guage 316 ss) and 48 " of piping of same material. With one of my friend (he's a welder) we place the two flange in the car and join them with an heavy plate of steel and started the fabrication of each runner outside the car.

I`ll keep you guys updated .

Claude
playr158
dude, awesome info, i hope your writing everything down as your doin this so that you'll have a full write up when your done
BigEdge169
That looks incredible and is inspiration to say the least.
Drocay
it looks amazing man.
celicaofsin
No words can amount to what you have done... That is just beautiful, I hope thier will be a full write up!? As I am just starting my build up thihs is the best inspiration I could ever ask for... WOW!
frotou
Yes I'm thinking of a full write up with all the costs ; maybe in the last of summer or this winter in the section completed engine swap .
nik
...... wow nice
drdos
hmm what kindof hp numbers you looking to achive?
Coomer
bowdown.gif

Wow, That's just insane! That's so incredibly sweet! Very, very nice work! Everything looks excellent! biggrin.gif
reborn0323
definitely looking forward to the write up - i've been researching engine swaps and the like
rlan214
how's the hybrid doing ?
frotou
The car is in garage for the paint and the guy who painted it for me is in vacation for two weeks , update next week ...
celicarocker
awesome job man.... i remember when you started this project, and you posted pics of the all blue block, people were like "thats dumb" now everyones like bowdown.gif bowdown.gif
frotou
Here are the lastest pics , the car run perfectly (expect some problems at idle),and the lean mixture @ 3 psi ... I`ll upgrade to the 440cc injectors+emanage+warlbro fuel pump as soon as posible .

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Now break down period .................................. rolleyes.gif
WannabeGT4
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!!!!!!!!
Coomer
WOW! So amazing! Your car looks great! biggrin.gif

Is the car pretty quick? Have you taken it to the track or gotten it dynoed yet?
sphinx
holy fu**ing sh**t. That's amazing.
Jaws4God
all I can say is...............wow user posted image
x_itchy_b_x
good goly gosh. DAM thats the nicest celica. FEatured RIDE!!!!! voted. wow.
hs2g
Your car is just amazing. I love the paint. Keep up the good work, and how much power is that setup making?
blkGT
hey frotou, can u repost the pics u posted months ago. i cant seem to find them.
frotou
Here are the pics from the start :

7agte now started

For the power of my setup I still don`t know the potential of my hybrid...It`s like a kind of surprise for next year because my car is in break in for a couple of month...(Also it is stored for winter from november to april so ...)

Claude
jayi12-15psi
holy ****
CheesyLobster
SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO
AAAAAAAWWWWWSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOMMMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never seen anything like that! Amazing.
Jen
Oh.. my.. god..

That is absolutely.. incredible.
RedSunCelica
first time seeing this thread ................... damn got to change pants biggrin.gif
redtcel
QUOTE (RedSunCelica @ Sep 3, 2004 - 10:52 PM)
first time seeing this thread ................... damn got to change pants biggrin.gif

i second that, i just had multiple orgasms..... oh man... here comes another one....
Anub1s
That is one of the hottest things I have ever seen! Way to go.
CheesyLobster
How do you vote to feature a ride?
vangSTa_celica
i just jizzed my pants...that is so hot
rza619
was wondering what kind of wing is that i know its a type z lip kit but what wing is that?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.