Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I SOLD MY CAR!!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
XSTeknique
Well guys, I finally did it. The GT-2 will be gone next week, just waiting for the truck to pick it up. To those of you who said I couldn't sell it for near what I wanted...HA! WRONG AGAIN! LoL...anyway, I'd just like to thank everyone for their support for the past couple years. I've been proud and honored to be a member of the 6th gen community. I may be on here time to time, but still few and far between. I hope you all reach your goals for where you want your Celicas to be. I know I got near mine. The new owner may become a member soon, so hopefully you'd all show him the same respect and kindness that you've shown me. Thanks everyone...God speed!

-Tek
Andason
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

whatd u get for it.
XSTeknique
About $10k without shipping. Not too shabby.
sinner96ST
QUOTE (XSTeknique @ Jun 25, 2004 - 8:08 PM)
About $10k without shipping. Not too shabby.

what are you gonna buy now?
vangSTa_celica
frown.gif ....good bye...u will be missed
Doge
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=15288

Congrats SX! It sucks that you sold it but if it made you a happy guy then Hell Yeah!
What did you lower the buy it now to?
95STHATCH
That swap really paid off. I didn't think you would actually get that much out of it.What kind o vehicleare you going to get now?
FallenHero
I hate to see you go man. Good luck with whatever you get nexty (hopefully a RWD car)

Thanks for the shifter wink.gif
Jen
Aw, I wish Tim would have gotten it. *sigh*

But wow, I'm sure the new owner will very much enjoy it.
initialdrift55
see you later dude and congrats for selling the car...
Jeremy1210
Congrats on the sale. Let us know what kind of slow grandpa family car you are getting j/k biggrin.gif
XSTeknique
Thanks guys! You'll all be pleased to know I stayed with Toyota. I wouldn't have it any other way. I got myself a black, 1998 Lexus SC 300. So swapping the Celica, DEFINITELY paid off. As for a slow, grandpa car...would you believe if I told you that my swapped Celica would have stomped on my new SC? After it's gone, I now realize that swapping a 3SGTE motor is a great and cost efficient way to get power. 225hp turbo vs 225 hp NA is a HUGE difference. I'll get you guys some pictures of the new ride soon.
BLINKYxMUNKEY
good job on getting a SC300. love those cars, and congrats on seliing the celi frown.gif
XSTeknique
Oh, just so you all know. There is still audio stuff left from the car up for sale CHEAP! Check the Buying/Selling section. I'll miss you all!
FallenHero
Yea, I'd so love to have a SC300. But your's is an Auto isn't it,,,
ST-204
Thanks u also share with us a clear good (Even the best) Celica here.
Hope u can also find what u want and enjoy in ur SC300!!
XSTeknique
Yep, unfortunately it is an auto. But manuals are VERY rare. Especially in the 97+ years. Everyone here is so kind, I only hope the SC guys are the same (doubt it). Hehe....pictures coming soon, so check back!
FallenHero
do you have a web page with SC guys? I'd love to stop by and see what they are up to. A URL would be nice. wink.gif
XSTeknique
There's a Lexus Owners Club forum. Not a specific site for SC300/Soarer owners...don't think there's enough support out there. Anyhow...here's my new baby!

user posted image
vangSTa_celica
shes cute
FallenHero
Take it to XAT racing for the 1jz swap;)
snadman
Buy a turbo kit.
Mr7AFE
buy the turbo kit or swap the 2jzgte with vvt.
many many congrats. hope you have more
fun with this then th 3s swap. see ya round town
98celica3
beautiful car man. i love those older sc's. get you some nice 19's maybe 20's, tint the windows and do some exhaust work and then you're done. good luck and have fun.
adam
Coomer
I'm glad to see that you sold it for what you wanted(or close to it), and you're staying in the Toyota family. biggrin.gif

Good luck with the SC300. Those cars are sweet! smile.gif
SlowCelica94
QUOTE (98celica3 @ Jun 30, 2004 - 8:44 PM)
beautiful car man. i love those older sc's. get you some nice 19's maybe 20's, tint the windows and do some exhaust work and then you're done. good luck and have fun.
adam

20s? 19s? Yeah and don't forget the loud subz dawg and some more chrizzzom
redtcel
QUOTE (SlowCelica94 @ Jun 30, 2004 - 9:01 PM)
QUOTE (98celica3 @ Jun 30, 2004 - 8:44 PM)
adam

20s? 19s? Yeah and don't forget the loud subz dawg and some more chrizzzom

why be a jerk about it? sc's look good with large rims.
SlowCelica94
Big wheels slow cars down. Also, 20s are typically on cars to show how much money you have, or try to be "fly". I just simply think 20s on any cars is ugly. SUV's, thats another story.
XSTeknique
It's a Lexus, it's a symbol of luxury. And yes, 19" chromes are in the future of this car for sure. Nothing ghetto, as it should be within the style lines of the Celica. Don't know if I'll have as much fun with this as my old swapped Celi, but I can try. I plan on staying very stock with this. All out of money now...hehe. Thanks for your support as always everyone!
FallenHero
yea... you have me seriously thinking about getting one... how is your gas mileage?
XSTeknique
Gas mileage....HAHAHAHA! IT SUCKS! But not much different from that of my 3SGTE (of course I drove it differently). I don't know the exact gas mileage, but I guess it's average for a 3.0L. I'm used to the gas mileage of my 7AFE (1 tank every two weeks).
FallenHero
are you getting over 20mpg? See, I was thinking about getting the V8 SC400... but I don't want to get 15mpg. wink.gif
XSTeknique
SC300/400 gas mileage is about the same believe it or not. And, yes in the city I believe it's like 15MPG-20MPG or so.
subsolo_21
Glad to see you sold your car, but sorry to see you go. I loved your celica. It's been one of my fav's for a while now. Good luck with the SC. Congratulations. Cya 'round man.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.