Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Selling my Celica :(
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Silver94CelicaOwner
Well, as some of you guys may know, my Celica has been riddled with dents and rust since i bought my car like that 2+ years ago. They arent terribly distracting, but they've given way to a whole mess of cosmetic flaws that are expensive to fix but dont affect the way the car runs or performs. Since then i've worked like crazy to get the money to afford a total repaint and getting everything done the right way.

All these aspirations of bringing my car back to life ended this Tuesday, when i talked to a shop with some of the lowest labor rates around. They quoted me $3,947 to do the work, which is far too much money to put into my Celica with this high of mileage. It just doesnt make sense to do it.

So now with my expected resale of $2500-3000 for the Celica (GT, Loaded, leather, 5spd, excellent mechanical cond., lots of new parts) plus an expected 5 grand by the end of summer, im looking into other cars. So far, im thinking....

1.) Another 6th gen (but newer wink.gif) or a 7th gen.
2.) MR2 Turbo
3.) 240sx
3.) 3000gt
5.) Down Payment on a Scion tC, or other new car.

And so i just want to ask everyone here what you think i should look into. For 8-9 grand theres lots to consider, and i love Celicas way too much, which makes it tough to move away from them. Let me know what your feelings and opinions are.
Digndoug
I think it really depends on what your going to use it for.. It seems like from what your options are so far, you want something very similar. I would say dont even touch the 3000gt with a ten foot pole.. there junk.. An i know someone on here has one.. but they are. I would say depending on exactly what your looking for.. Like small an sporty, I would almost go with the 240 out of what you said.. manly because it comes stock with 155 hp.. also rwd .. That seems like a winner for a very low price..
moltar
I suppose I'm bias, but I think you should go for another 6gen; I mean, it's what you're used to, and obviously they're fabulous cars. A newer one with options would be a very nice choice in the long run, considering the low price and how awesome it will be. If you want to go big I'd go ahead and use the money as a down-payment for a Scion tC, nothing beats a new car. No 'suprise' problems etc., plus you'll have some good power if you get the 160hp model.
Digndoug
Man thinking of that, I just found a 240sx.. I think im goign to convice my parents to buy me, cause they need a car, an then i could give them mine, and drive both ... hehehehe
Sh0gunkid8721
I sent u a PM. Macavely and i know of a place that does good work and will repaint ur car and body work for around 1,000 dollars or less. Macavely's FIRST car was estimated for a lil bit over 700 for a repaint. They also did my body kit job, but they're located in Jersey City, which is quite a trip for u. Lemme know if ur interested.
97sccelica
a TC seems like a good option if you want a new car

i know i will be test driving one when they hit my local scion/toyota dealer
Defgeph
QUOTE (Sh0gunkid8721 @ Jun 26, 2004 - 12:07 AM)
I sent u a PM. Macavely and i know of a place that does good work and will repaint ur car and body work for around 1,000 dollars or less. Macavely's FIRST car was estimated for a lil bit over 700 for a repaint. They also did my body kit job, but they're located in Jersey City, which is quite a trip for u. Lemme know if ur interested.

I love how we all try to stop the sale of a 6gc, its great.

Keep ur car man, dont let it go !
reborn0323
i'd love to say stick with another sixth gen but if you can find a mr2 turbo go for it it already has teh 3sgte and it's rear wheel drive
Silver94CelicaOwner
QUOTE (reborn0323 @ Jun 27, 2004 - 2:26 AM)
i'd love to say stick with another sixth gen but if you can find a mr2 turbo go for it it already has teh 3sgte and it's rear wheel drive

Thats exactly what im thinking....except i love the space of my Celica even if its not as fast, its just that it has 199,000 miles and alot of body work to be done (rust on the bottoms of the doors and backs of fenders, dents on EVERY panel of the body literally, clear coat imprefections....over 44 hours of labor!) Its just alot of money that needs to get put into a high mileage car with too little resale value.

Its a very strong running car, but i just want something thats in good condition to start with and with lower mileage that doesnt need so many little things done to it. Its a nice car and its still very solid, just doesnt exactly meet my needs of what i want to do to it. It'll be sad to let it go, but i think im going to look into either a 96+ Celica GT or an MR2 Turbo. Definately staying within this community however, you guys are a great group and regardless of what i get ill still be around. wink.gif
Jeremy1210
If its just body work, then get it fixed. As long as the engine runs fine, just get the body fixed. If the engine has some problems then look for a new car. Our 6gc have the best body I've have ever seen on 20k and lower car.
My 2 cents
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.