Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UK vs Import
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
TimC
Hi All

Just found the site - what a great resource!

I've currently got a '94 6th gen 2.0 import, which is getting a bit long in the tooth, so I'm looking to replace it with a later 6th gen. I tried a UK 2.0 yesterday, but it didn't seem as quick on the acceleration as my current one.

Does anyone know if the UK models are down on power compared to imports?

Best Wishes,
Tim
TRDCelicaFan
As far as I know, as long as we're only talking celi's from territories that use the 3S-GE (and I assume you are talking about that since that was the most powerful naturally-aspirated engine offered with the 6th gen Celica/2nd gen MR2), then a GT is pretty much a GT. The only difference would be if you were comparing a late spec JDM GT because that would have the BEAMS VVTi version of the 3S-GE engine, giving around 20 more horses (Celicas outside of Japan never got the VVTi treatment). But since you haven't specified that your celi is japanese, and is a '94 I doubt that would apply here. The gearing may be setup slightly differently on your import, leaning slightly more towards acceleration but I personally have my doubts.

The only time I've really heard of any real difference between UK and JDM spec is with the GT-Four (ST-205). The UK version has 235bhp whereas the Jap one has around 250-255bhp.

I hope that answers your question. To the best of my knowledge, everything mentioned above is accurate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.