Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pigeon Forge Poorly Planned
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
koan
I was planning on going to the celica meet in Pigeon Forge this weekend. Since I live in Knoxville there was no sense in wasting money on a hotel to I drove up Saturday. First of all many people were staying at a Family Inn. There are like five of them in 2-3 miles. I lucked out and happened to pull in behind redlineracer, but since he lives close by he had the same problem. After awhile we finally found the right hotel. Unfortunatly no one was still there, so we waited out in the parkinglot hoping that everyone would come back. There were a few celicas that drove by and at least one of them I recognize in the pics. I hope they didn't see us, I'd hate to think we were ignored. By this time it was getting later and I had to drive back to Knoxville for work. From the pics, it looks like redlineracer never found the meet either. What really ticks me off is that I asked for an exact time and place to meet and no one would give me one. What it comes down to is that at least two members were excluded due to poor planning. Don't get me wrong. I would like to see the meet happen again next year. Someone just needs to step up to the plate with a plan.
EC_Knightrider
well since not alot of the 6th gen community showed..........i can see y

now that i look back for some reason no body put Fuddruckers at 2pm on this site!
which that is odd enuff, seeing that last year, the pigeon forge meet was mostly 6th gens........

too late now, but here was was was said on the other board
Q:
Few questions since I like to ask the obvious to avoid confusion for all (managerial thing sorry)

1. Where are we going to meet?

2. What are the planned activities? I heard the Dragon, Go-Karts, Mass General Drunkeness... I don't care about activities but figure pictures and the general oohing and ahing over my car of course (well maybe your cars as well )

3. T-shirts? (Okay that one is all mine.)

4. I heard something about the Auto-Cross, any information about it?

5. With all the changes, the I am comings, I am not comings, I may be coming... Who is still planning to attend?

6. And last but not least, who is the original organizer of this little shindig that started amongst freinds but has become a Mass Celica.net event so I can thank him for inviting us?

A.
meeting place 2-3pm across from the Governor's Palace in Pigeon Forge TN.....meet, greet, and eat. Its an easy place to find, as you are coming in to Pigeon Forge From I40, take a left at the redlight across from the Walmart. You will see a big huge mansion looking music house on top of the hill. Fuddruckers is at the bottom on the right. If you have passed the nascar-track and the tanger outlet malls you have gone too far!Fuddruckers was the eatting spot last year, but wherever is fine with me.

After eatting, i guess gas up and go to the dragon, that way it will still be light out when we get back to cruise gatlinburg and whatnot. After that it was go-karts, whatever else u want, walk around GB etc b4 heading back to the hotel.

Shirts: Sean is tryin to get a deal together. They can run from 10-15 bucks if it works out. This will be the third shirt! haha

Auto-x is on Sunday at Oak Ridge Mall i believe, for i cannot attend for i have to back in Johson City for work by 11am!

As far as who all is still planning to attend, i imagine a good group will be there, if not no big deal because it will still be nice to meet up with some of the old guys from a few years back to meeting some new people and hearing their stories about stuff.

The orginal meet was in November of 2002 with 5 celica's and an integra that came with me!
last year we had 13 celicas at one time. So the orginal crew was

Sean, Bryan, Jason, Josh, Ryan (integra), and me

I just don't see how that didn't get posted up on this site over here.

But no body asked the questions for somereason
tim86
found the pics, nevermind!
Redline_Racer

The whole fudruckers thing was actually posted on here, it was on a really old post because thats how I found you guys there. I think it was on the Last years Pigeon Forge meet post. But hey Good Cars, Good People, Good Times I had fun there.

-brandon
Cragspider
Ok Im gona put my .02 in. For you all that haven't tried to plan a meet its hard for one, two its even harder when you are working two jobs. I was basicaly the guy who planned most of it. I had a lot of help from Eric ( which I really appreciate and couldn't of done some things without him). It is really hard to get a meet going some times. We had posted info about this meet on about 5 different celica web sites. As you can tell we only had people from 6gc. c.net and alltrac.net show. Im gona try it again next summer before I have to move to Tyndall AFB in Panama City for my job. Hopefully we can get something planned for next year a little better. But its hard to remember to post info on every single site when something changes. I try to do my best when something changes. Maybe next year I will ask for reps from each site who will be there and can make sure that the correct info gets posted up at the respected site. But as for any confusion Im sorry.
Bryan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.