Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Poor Baby...
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Silver94CelicaOwner
So tonight I decided to take my girlfriend out and see Dodgeball and we were getting back in my car from eating dinner before the movie started. I got in my car and backed up slowly because the parking lot was busy, and as always I was very cautious.

Just as I put my Celica into first, i hear this loud pop behind me and tires sqeeling. I glance over my left shoulder and here theres a 4-door Honda Civic backed straight into the drivers side quarter panel of my car. It was an older woman, and apparently didnt see my car behind her because she said it was "so low" and shes "too short to see it". I didnt think it sounded too bad, so i immediately moved my car into a parking spot and got out to look.

Well, it was a little worse than i expected. The whole panel was pushed in something aweful, but i kept my cool. The woman was nice about it and so was I, since my car was hit in a spot that already needed body work done. wink.gif So while it sucked to have a huge dent in my car, I might be able to get a nice insurance claim and get my whole car done without spending a dime. biggrin.gif Nothing like fate i suppose. I'll try and post pics of how pathetic my car looks now as soon as i take pics for insurance reasons.
Sh0gunkid8721
i guess ur DEFINATELY gettin a new car now?
Silver94CelicaOwner
Even before the accident i was looking into getting a 2000+ Celica GTS, so i think regardless im getting something new that i can put some money into. Heres some pics of my sorry piece of crap that is my car right now. frown.gif

user posted image

user posted image

So yeah, this might not be so bad cuz then ill get everything fixed by insurance and possibly sell it soon after, which will get me a higher resale value.
latinomasfino
damn man doesnt look all that bad pretty easy to fix cause looks like the rest of ur car is nicely well kept
Defgeph
damn man you where saying how bad ur car looks. It looks nice an clean to me, aside from that dent you have a few dings that need to be popped out. When you descibed ur car to me I was thinking you have different colored body panels, huge rust spots, a hole in the floorboard. lol sorry to hear ..... people in jersey cant drive for s*it

DEF
Silver94CelicaOwner
Yea i suppose its not terrible....definately has seen better days though. I just got an estimate that will be payed in full by the woman responsible, for $869.20...so it should look much better than it used to actually. smile.gif The only other panel thats bad is the passenger side front fender which is pretty bad, everything else is an easy fix and i might even try to find a used silver passenger fender before i think about selling it.

Im still looking into getting a 7th gen GTS though, so we'll see...I'd love to make it nice and clean for the next person who gets to have as much fun with it as ive had.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.