Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The last 3 days..
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
shid
WARNING: The following post contains street racing. I apologize if you find this post in bad taste or stupid, and I'm especially sorry if it causes you to think less of me. But I've heard your arguments, and agree with more than a few of them, and ask that you leave race flaming out of this thread. Thank you

Some of you may have heard this one in the "blue smoke" thread. Basically I'm just driving across town- streets are deserted for some reason, when this 92 Integra starts blasting up from behind me. I let it pass me, then accelerate to maybe half its speed (just enough to follow to a red light, certainly not enough to attract police attention away from him). At the red light, he guns it and I just watch mostly. The problem is, he's gunning it, but getting no where. I was shifting at 3k and I was only half a carlength back when I decided I didn't care anymore and gunned it. Ahead of him in no time. I gunned it from the start at the next light, and he didn't get anywhere. Finally, I tire of this stupid, pathetic, race and go to make a left turn. He zooms by me.. with blue smoke coming out of his exhaust, that DOESN"T STOP lol!

Coming BACK from wendy's later that night, an Audi tries to pass me. Now, I have no intention of being able to beat an audi, but he's driving like an asshole, so hell if I'm going to let him pass me. I jump over (none assholish like, unlike him) and gun it. I'm not racing, so I dont take it that fast, just enough to get out ehad of him- basically a middle finger without the middle finger. He guns it and zooms past after I slow down. As he passes me, I see it's some teen punk. Bah on youngsters. So at the next light, we take off. What a joke, his Audi A4 1.8T sucks. He's half a car length behind me by the time we reach 90, and then has the merge into my lane. Red light ahead, so I start to slow down. He changes lanes, and continues to accelerate as I brake, then SLAMS on his brakes at the last momment. Yeah, you won man! He loses at this light too, not very excting, same thing. Basically some punk kid with mommy and daddies money thinks his 3700 pound car is light enough to race.

Then LAST night, I pull up besides a 97 integra thats blasting and bumping some REALLY ****TY R&B and it's some white guy with a HS class ring. **** you man, I dont have to take that ****. So I blast dire straits. He turns his volume up a little, and I say screw it and turn mine up all the way. At this point, I'm pretty confident he can no longer hear his own music, and should have avoided antogonizing me, because now I forced Money for Nothing down his throat. Take that. I should mention that we're in dual left turn lanes btw. Anyway, mine's got slipperly pavement from sprinkers, so HELL if I'm jumping off the line like an idiot.. his lane is wet too.. Left turn light turns green, he JUMPS.. and.. surprise surprise. His car loses traction, stops accelerating, and swings out in the opposite direction of me (thank god!). I'm just barely moving forward tho, so he regains traction and zooms off. At the next light, we're side by side again, and he guns it and then STOPS gunning it almost instantly for some reason (I had jackrabbited ahead of him a car length- maybe he had a bad launch? rolleyes.gif) Next red light, he refuses to race even.

People who dont know our cars are slow, are afraid of our cars. Parents should never buy their kids expensive cars, and GET THOSE VALVE SEALS CHECKED.
LatinKraze
Nice. Since were sharing stories:

I was on the freeway going home. I pass up a TSi and were comming upon all this traffic. He zooms past me and just slams his brakes be fore slammin' into the car in his lane. So im like, WTF is his problem. I proceed at the same speed and decide to wait for him as soon as there are no cars (we were in a construction zone when he decided to gun it) He saw mw slow down and then he never caught up. Even when I hit my brakes he still wouldnt get any closer. I said to myself, maybe i shouldnt race him. Might have been a sign. So i went back up to 75mph and got home safely. I wonder why he wouldnt catch up, seemed like he was trying to prove something earlier. When I gave him a chance to hand mine to me, he didnt. I guess he knew i was no match....but i'll will see it as if he were scared, for my sake. biggrin.gif
Ryu3x16
cool... nice kills... I would like to share my story..last monday on the 28th.. i was casually driving home from work... at a red light on woodruff and south a 97-2000+ prelude pulled beside me and said "what you got under there?"
i smiled and said "um... just a stock motor." he looked at me and said "I'll spank you.." so i was like...uh.... anyways he rev-ed at me...so i rev'ed back.. when it turned green he gunned it and took off.. and whoa, it looked fast..anyways.. i was behind because i didnt know he really wanted to race..... so... about a block down he waited for me..going about 25mph.. i pulled beside him and saw that he was laughing and ****... going about 30..he gunned it... I waited for about 2 sec. and gunned it on.. (HOLY ****! i killed that piece of crap) i was about 4-5 cars, if not more ahead of him...
PSSSSHHHH
LatinKraze
frown.gif I looked at ur profile cuz i actually thought you WERE stock.

Nice kill tho.
tim86
um i think a audi a4 1.8T would rape a GT... i dunno how you pulled that **** off
Ryu3x16
QUOTE (tim86 @ Jun 30, 2004 - 6:47 PM)
um i think a audi a4 1.8T would rape a GT... i dunno how you pulled that **** off

maybe shid's a better driver than the audi's driver... biggrin.gif
OR....maybe the GT celi is tight like that.. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
shid
Tim, are you friggin crazy? its 170hp, but it's a god damn TANK- it weights 900 pounds more than us. It's power to weight ratio is way under ours.
neoklis
I will have to agree that the Audi 1.8T is pretty toughto beat with a stock Celi. Regarding your claim that you are lighter, I was under the impression that the vert was quite heavier than the regular Celi. I guess the 1.8T could have been just a sticker aswell and the driver was prolly really bad.
shid
neo, the vert celi weighs in at 2700, the audi at 3200 (ok, NOT 900, but still)

if you don't believe me, check it out on autotrader (02 model). Look, I wondered why I beat an audi too, so I went home and looked it up and found that it WAS possible. It';s not that tough of a kill.
SlowCelica94
word foo, I pulled up this fine lookin 70yr old some bizzatch in a minvan. I could tell she was wantin me. So I revved at her with all my madd crazy 100hp to the Wheelz! She looked at me all confused n ****. Probably fell in love wit me or sumin. The lizzight when green, and I smoked here hardcore.

Later we made sweet old person passionate love.
shid
.. wah?
Negative
QUOTE (neoklis @ Jul 1, 2004 - 6:01 AM)
I will have to agree that the Audi 1.8T is pretty toughto beat with a stock Celi. Regarding your claim that you are lighter, I was under the impression that the vert was quite heavier than the regular Celi. I guess the 1.8T could have been just a sticker aswell and the driver was prolly really bad.

Neoklis - you have a GT4 so how could you know. Personally my GT is fast and I wish that people on here would stop acting like the 6th gen is slow. If you know how to drive it and you do some basic mod's like the ones I have you can beat alot of cars.

I don't have many details but my son was a witness on this one:
Three weeks ago I was driving around with my kids in the car looking for meets to show my kids the cars. I wasn't looking for a race but I couldn't resist when a Honda Del Sol signaled me to race. I didn't pull any car lengths away or anything. But I did pull on it steadily in each gear and his front bumper kept ending up at my back bumper at around the third gear shift to forth. This happened at 3 consecutive lights and each time he tried to get me to pull over after each time he got spanked. I finally did and was pleased to see that I did hear the turbo I thought I heard during the races. That engine was really small but I don't know sh*t about Hondas specifics so I have no more details. My son has already witnessed to some non believers here in Houston for me - it's all in how you drive and not trying to take on something with an incredible amount of HP.
dustin15brown
OK my turn!! I've got a coupla stories.... I was on my way back in town from droppin a girl off at her house when i was at a red light. This mercedes pulls up next and revs it... I know who te guy is and he tells me lets race.... I"m like hell no but he talked me into it. Well it turned green and i took off like a bat out of hell to my satisfaction i was ahead..... he thens pulls up beside me as i'm balls to the wall and smiles waves then pulls off and leaves me right in his dust..... Another story... my friend has a 01 civic ex automatic... He's got his 18" Lexani Marqi rims on and his euros and he thinks my car is slow. haha little does he know i drive a st... yeh thats right a whooping 100hp w/ a muffler... Well Needles to say i ripped his as and another friends ford focus se v6 automatic.... I feel good cuz i'm 2-1 and never racin again wink.gif
Phat_Boi
QUOTE (dustin15brown @ Jul 1, 2004 - 7:55 PM)
OK my turn!! I've got a coupla stories.... I was on my way back in town from droppin a girl off at her house when i was at a red light. This mercedes pulls up next and revs it... I know who te guy is and he tells me lets race.... I"m like hell no but he talked me into it. Well it turned green and i took off like a bat out of hell to my satisfaction i was ahead..... he thens pulls up beside me as i'm balls to the wall and smiles waves then pulls off and leaves me right in his dust..... Another story... my friend has a 01 civic ex automatic... He's got his 18" Lexani Marqi rims on and his euros and he thinks my car is slow. haha little does he know i drive a st... yeh thats right a whooping 100hp w/ a muffler... Well Needles to say i ripped his as and another friends ford focus se v6 automatic.... I feel good cuz i'm 2-1 and never racin again wink.gif

Focus's come in V6?
SlowCelica94
negative, I don't think that del was boosted. Del sol's are about the same in term of being fast ,as our cars. The VTEC DOHC runs mid 15s. And that's with only 160some hp. B16. Now a boosted one (even non-vtec) would probably be able to beat you.

I'm not saying your a lair or anything, Just that the del you beat was likely n/a
Phat_Boi
QUOTE (SlowCelica94 @ Jul 1, 2004 - 8:04 PM)
negative, I don't think that del was boosted. Del sol's are about the same in term of being fast ,as our cars. The VTEC DOHC runs mid 15s. And that's with only 160some hp. B16. Now a boosted one (even non-vtec) would probably be able to beat you.

I'm not saying your a lair or anything, Just that the del you beat was likely n/a

Or he had a fake BOV rolleyes.gif
Stupid ricers
SlowCelica94
Sometimes when I shift, I stick my head outta the window and make BOV sounds
shid
You're really upset about those crummy track times, aren't you?
LatinKraze
I raced my friends del sol (vTech 160hp). We were close at take off but she pulled on me. We hit the top of third gear and she was 2-3 cars ahead. End story.
SlowCelica94
Same thing happened when I ran a vtec lude. When I hit 3rd, I could see the lude's tail pretty well.

Shid you'd robably run a slower time then me. All those speakers and crap probably weight a **** load

shid
I'll probably run the same time as you; the vert's really the heaviest thing in there; I selected my speakers with an eye towards weight a little, and it seems like you just had bad launchers and tire pressure. I was only making a joke about how you uhm, angry you seem to be in this thread. I don't see why that called for you to call me out?
SlowCelica94
It's like this: I can call my mom fat, but you can't call my mom fat.
shid
I didn't call your mom fat? wtf. I did not call your car slow. I said you probably had a crappy launch, incorrect tire pressure etc. WE ALL HAVE CELICAS. so whats the friggin point in saying: YOUR CELICA SUX. I didn't say that. Furthermore, I asked for that kind of immature behavior to be left out of this thread, so please leave it at this.
SlowCelica94
Awww, Shid, I'm sorry. Internet hug? Com'er Big Guy!
Andason
i beat a tiburon gt the other night, neverstop was wrong.
Ryu3x16
hahahahhahha this is funny...
we're suppose to be enthusiasts but yet we're arguing about how slow and crappy the 6gen is... we have to be proud of our cars...
go out onto the streets and you'll see slow ass civics with nothing but euros running around, racing cars,.. and very PROUD...
anyways... slowcelicagt... what's your 1/4 time...just curious
SlowCelica94
It was posted in another thread. Check it see mph's and 60"ers.

but i ran a 16.8 that im not proud of. I know I can do better
Negative
QUOTE (Ryu3x16 @ Jul 1, 2004 - 10:48 PM)
hahahahhahha this is funny...
we're suppose to be enthusiasts but yet we're arguing about how slow and crappy the 6gen is... we have to be proud of our cars...
go out onto the streets and you'll see slow ass civics with nothing but euros running around, racing cars,.. and very  PROUD...

No sh*t.
BTW - I checked with another racer friend of mine last night and he has raced that Del Sol also. He beat it twice with an all motor Miata (it's as far as you could take it before turbo - nice - for a Miata). He confirmed it's non v-tech with a cheap a$$ turbo set-up and he says it looks to be pretty old (all crappy looking in the engine bay).
Like I said a large part of it is the skill you exhibit when driving and just plain knowing your car. This is my 5th Celica and my 2nd 6th gen so I know very well how to drive my car.
THESE CARS ARE NOT SLOW.
SlowCelica94
What do you consider slow? What do you consider fast?
12s or under-You should live at the strip
13s-Fast
14s- Quick, probably took some modding to get there
15s- Honda can run this stock so it's sorta a eh-eh
16s- This is generally what most cars run, no biggy, slow
17 or lower- don't try to race it

That's what i think
shid
... did you just say Honda's run 15 stock?
SlowCelica94
I did.
Del sol VTEC- mid 15s
Prelude VTEC (4th gen and maybe 5th gen?)- low 15s
Civic SI- mid 15s
Integra GSR- low 15s. I even know a guy who pulled at 14.8 in a few GSRs

Course these are of your top trim level hondas.
shid
*few* I thought you meant CIVICS. S200s run 14.8s
SlowCelica94
Shid, we dominate this board. w00t
Ryu3x16
QUOTE (SlowCelica94 @ Jul 2, 2004 - 12:10 PM)
I did.
Del sol VTEC- mid 15s
Civic SI- mid 15s

negative

Negative
negative what?
Negative as in me or negative as in you don't agree with those times?
SlowCelica94
Prove me wrong, ryu.
Ryu3x16
QUOTE (SlowCelica94 @ Jul 2, 2004 - 12:10 PM)
I did.
Del sol VTEC- mid 15s
Civic SI- mid 15s

no...not negative as in YOU,Negative..LOL..
i just don't agree with those times...
as for proving you wrong... i would like proof..actually
shid
Actually slow, Ryu is right, he doesn't have to prove you wrong as long as you can't prove yourself right.

*shrug*

just do a google search and find some track slips, thats what I did
funnyboy117

I thought it was innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around...
shid
Well, I can say that my friends Honda Civic ran a 13 stock- and would you believe me? no? I need proof?
KAMiX
word foo, I pulled up this fine lookin 70yr old some bizzatch in a minvan. I could tell she was wantin me. So I revved at her with all my madd crazy 100hp to the Wheelz! She looked at me all confused n ****. Probably fell in love wit me or sumin. The lizzight when green, and I smoked here hardcore.

Later we made sweet old person passionate love.

owned.gif

Shid Love the Dire Straights VS R&B that is so funny. He would have been thinking "WTF???"
SlowCelica94
um, ok. I'm not finding time slips, cuz i dont care that much. Go to honda-tech if you want slips. you might acutally meet someone there who knows a thing or two about engines
uzthedentist
speaking about that, i just destroyed my friends 280bhp wrx by 4-5 car lengths up to 100mph, and i know have a huge grin on my face!
Andason
QUOTE (uzthedentist @ Jul 3, 2004 - 4:51 PM)
speaking about that, i just destroyed my friends 280bhp wrx by 4-5 car lengths up to 100mph, and i know have a huge grin on my face!

your car is so hot uz
funnyboy117
Im pretty sure we could prove you guilty by saying that, especially since that is a lot more unbelievable...

So heres a website to check stock quarter mile times/0-60 speeds. Here's what it said:

1999 Honda Civic Si 7.2 15.70

First time is 0-60, second is quarter mile.

13 stock...guilty

Quarter Mile Times
shid
I didn't even say Si, I meant EX. Anyway, you see? proof is needed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.