Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Legal Races
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
redtcel
I am going to the legal races on friday. i took out my rear and passenger seats. lol save as much weight as possible i guess. any other recomendations before i go? i am thinking about getting some octane booster. but other than that i am at a loss. i have a ram air intake with no exhaust after the cat. any help would be greatly appreciated
boosted_K2
enjoy yourself, and dont get frustrated with the car... saving 5 lbs doesnt make a huge difference, just get anything loose out of the car, IE change, trash, garage door opener, any CDs besides one in the player, and anything in the glove box (except registration and insurance lol).
Hym3n
Hoping you didn't forget spare tire and jack. If you wanted to go Civic-style weight reduction, you could take out the plastic paneling in the dash, roof liner, maybe some of the trunk plastic... none of it is THAT hard to take out, just tedious to put back in IMO. Wear normal sneakers or sandals, just one shirt, shorts, no hat or anything extra. Take crap out of your pockets... lol... every little pound could count in this car :)

-Brian
WannabeGT4
don't forget to take a dump too...
playr158
dang it you took mine^^ wannabe....yea ANY AND ALL plastic...get rid of spare tire and jack.... get rid of the headunit, the speakers....get ride of the glove compartment...only use 1/4 tank of PREMIUM 93 octane gas(what ever is the highest pump gas you can find) then use a WHOLE can or 3/4 of a can of octane boost smile.gif oh and don't forget if you can but some dinky 14" wheels that are almost bald on the front and some spare tires on the back<---- yea really really try and do this you have low profile tires so they are heavier rims and take more torque to turn and also you'll get wheel hop easily and won't launch as good
neoklis
is it to late to starve yourself or go on a diet? wink.gif
Benevolence
if u drive an auto cut off your left leg
SlowCelica94
hahaha. good one benev

Also, Fine out where you're going to launch at. Kwanza had some good advice in my thread. 93 oct gas is a good idea. But i heard you shouldn't race with less than a 1/2 tank, as to not strave the fuel pump. But remember, every gallon of gas weights 12lbs.

At my track, you have to have close-toed shoes, pants, and a t-shirt. So you may wanna rethink your dress-code. Also, learn how far you can lift up on ur clutch pedal b4 rpm start to drop. This will elimate travel time of ur foot. Or you could just side-step the clutch
Andason
QUOTE (SlowCelica94 @ Jul 1, 2004 - 2:28 PM)
hahaha. good one benev

Also, Fine out where you're going to launch at. Kwanza had some good advice in my thread. 93 oct gas is a good idea. But i heard you shouldn't race with less than a 1/2 tank, as to not strave the fuel pump. But remember, every gallon of gas weights 12lbs.

At my track, you have to have close-toed shoes, pants, and a t-shirt. So you may wanna rethink your dress-code. Also, learn how far you can lift up on ur clutch pedal b4 rpm start to drop. This will elimate travel time of ur foot. Or you could just side-step the clutch

And hang out with Vin Diesel.

Wow, I can't believe some of the stuff you people are recommending.

You look like a fool racing with all that stuff taken out. Leave it in and make up for it with more power.
uzthedentist
is this a drag race?
Digndoug
wow, im suprised any one didnt say get some nos.. lol .. dont wate your time removing any interior peaces.
SlowCelica94
Andason, what's wrong with my advice? You got anything better?
redtcel
ive had my spare and jack out for a very long time. the dress code is pants closed toed shoes and t shirt. the plastic panels in the back were already gone. im not taking out any more in the front, it would look too tacky. and i would make up for power vs weight but i am too broke to do any real power mods before friday. and yes it is too late to starve my self. all though i am only 145lbs at 5'8" so no worries on my weight. the only thing i ever keep in my glove compartment is my insurance and reg. oh and my cd of choice is an mp3 cd with 180 songs on it. so music last forever. any way thanks for the advice. wont a 1/4 tank of 93 and 3/4 tank of octane boost screw my car up? just a thought lol
Andason
QUOTE (SlowCelica94 @ Jul 1, 2004 - 5:54 PM)
Andason, what's wrong with my advice? You got anything better?

see one post above yours.

i suggest not ripping your stuff out and keeping the .13 seconds on your 1/4 mile. at least when you lose, you'll still have SOME dignity.

Added for fun:

sa00: and someone said "if u drive an auto cut off your left leg "
Mynzeyes: you can also cut off an arm
sa00: very true
SlowCelica94
Oh and when the light turns green, go. I once forgot that and pulled 1.4 reaction time. haha. I was actually watching the tac too much
Hym3n
Holy sh1t dude. And I thought I was bad with a .904 and a .800... wow man.

You just keep on sitting there.

-Brian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.