Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vist to the Track
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
SlowCelica94
I went to my local drag strip on Tuesday night. My times sucked pretty bad.

17.02 @79mph w/ a 2.5 60"er
16.87 @79mph w/ a 2.4 60"er

I know The GT are suppose to be able to run 16.4 stock, but of course I do have 100k miles. My rear struts are blown, but I don't think that would have that much to do with it. I did have insane wheel hop tho. I launched at 3,500 on the first run, then 4,400 on the second run.

Any input would be great. List of my mods are the info of course.

BTW, my buddy pulled a 13.9 with his SR20det S13 w/ lsd, bov, suspension, and azeny(sp) tires. Kinda makes me consider an S14 all the more.
Coomer
That's cool...way better than my 17.7 I ran in my car with the dying 7A-FE and dying C-52. smile.gif

I still need to take mine to the track soon. smile.gif
LatinKraze
You know what, I'm all stock @ 181k miles. I'll make a few runs and we can compare times. I wont have the times untill a few weeks tho.
Kwanza26
I think you're launching too hard on street tires... which kills your 60' time... which kills your 1/4 mile. Deflate down to around 20psi and launch from around 2.5 to 3k. I launch at 2.5-3k rpms in my ST on street tires and can pull mid 16 times w/ 2.2 60 footers... I've also run a few times also in my ST on slicks and launch at around 4500 rpms... tip-toeing high 15's /w 1.8 60 footers...
SlowCelica94
20 psi? Will it matter that I may be running a different size tire then you? If memory serves, I'm on 215/45/17
Kwanza26
QUOTE (SlowCelica94 @ Jul 1, 2004 - 8:22 PM)
20 psi? Will it matter that I may be running a different size tire then you? If memory serves, I'm on 215/45/17

Shouldn't matter... lower tire pressure serves for better grip and better 60' times overall.
shid
But then, if you need better handling, OVERinflate your tires..
SlowCelica94
Oh I agree fully about the lower psi. I was just asking if I should still lower psi to 20
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.