Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doesn't it feel good..
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
shid
Today I finally got around into hooking my neons into the audio circuit from the SNES and the N64 via RCA cables. I split the signal going to the head unit's aux input, so now it's going to the neons as well. I turn it on, and to my dismay, a LARGE amount of buzz hits the speakers. I was worried about that. Well, I have a radio shaq ground loop distributer, made to reduce noise, hooked into the circuit now- coming from the AV splitter to the headunit/neon split. I'll just move it to AFTER that neon split I say- that way it'll ground loop that faulty, hardwired signal from coming back.

I take it off.. and dont put it back in. "Lets test it without it" I say. "I want to see how much noise this thing really reduces"

so I turn the system back on- expecting a blast of static. The signals from the SNES and the N64 are now STATIC FREE. I took off the "Noise reducer" and it reduced the noise! wooo!

but sadness, noise on the monitor now when the neons are on!

**** I say.

then I add the "noise reducer" to just the neons.

no more noise on the monitor.

I have this warm glow about me. Everything worked right, and quickly. The above process took me 15 minutes.

Anyone have similar expierences? Where someone that ytou thought was gonna be a pain, ended up being resolved quickly and painlessly leaving you.. happy as hell?
brianforster
man you have quite the hitech setup for a vert, better have one hell of a security system smile.gif
Coomer
That's awesome Shid! When are you molding everything in?

And I can't think of any times when stuff was quick and easy for me. This weekend I'm hoping to install one of my amps in my backseat side panel and relocated my battery and install my new coaxials and run new wire throughout the car, so I'm hoping to have some good luck. If things continue the way they've gone this week though(broken tooth from a socket, gash in the head from a rusted exhaust), I'll probably be in the hospital by the end of the weekend. frown.gif
shid
Coomer, I'm molding when I think I have all the knowledge I need to fiberglass >_< basically, I'm delaying it cus I don't believe in myself lol smile.gif
YellowTwo
Today my sub stopped working and I figured out the wire fell out. I put it back in and it worked smile.gif

Took a total of 15 seconds, lol
Silver94CelicaOwner
Yea it does feel good. I was very proud after installing all my stereo goodies, like my amp and doing all the wiring very well the first time around. But it can be shameful too, especially when you realize how much of an idiot you are afterwards. wink.gif

For example, I was putting a really nice JVC headunit in my girlfriends 2001 Neon, and all the connections from the new stereo to the wiring harness were beautifully soldered and insulated, and it was done very well for my lack of soldering experience. The only other connection i needed to connect the new stereo was the antenna signal, and it should all work fine.

Well, in the process of taking out the old stereo, the antenna wire must have fallen out and gone waaaayyy behind the dash because I didnt see one ro disconnect it. However, there was a yellow and purple wire connected that I figured must be the antenna signal....What else would the antenna use?? Later (like over 2 weeks...) I found out that I was mistaken and that the yellow/purple wire was a 2nd ground for the stock stereo and that the antenna plug was hiding very very far behind the dash, and so I plugged it in and it worked perfect. All that after buying a universal antenna adapter and spending 2 weeks confused. But nonetheless it was nice to have it work. smile.gif
KAMiX
And I can't think of any times when stuff was quick and easy for me. This weekend I'm hoping to install one of my amps in my backseat side panel and relocated my battery and install my new coaxials and run new wire throughout the car, so I'm hoping to have some good luck. If things continue the way they've gone this week though(broken tooth from a socket, gash in the head from a rusted exhaust), I'll probably be in the hospital by the end of the weekend.

Made me laugh Coomer. what were you doing biting a socket and headbutting an exhaust? biggrin.gif Can you give some more info about the backseat 'sidepanel' install? Are you chopping a window in it?

Shid I had a great day today (similar to yours by the sound of it). Spent last night EXTREMELY pissed off because I thought my amp for my sub was gone again... I was so angry that as soon as I woke up this morning I said "****" out loud! smile.gif So I got up and pulled out the multimeter and went to work checking the wiring.. and my inline fuse on the battery wire (heavy guage) had failed. It happened where the fuse joins the side cover, so the break wasn't visible at all. I had already sent this amp back for repair once, so I was so stoked to find out it was only wiring!! So I went into town to pick up some new fuses, and happened to see a guitar store along the way ... Long story short I picked up a new ibanez on the way home.

\m/ redface.gif \m/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.