Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bent control arm
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
CBawlla
I bent my control arm and axle last night on the front passenger side. How much will it be for a control arm or for repairs?
shid
More for you than for us, thats what I've found out. In Hawaii, you're gonna be paying a lot more for parts- and a lot of stuff has to get shipped in..etc etc
CBawlla
Do you have an estimate on how much replacing the control arm would be?
CBawlla
Just found out, $171 from my toyota dealer.

Has any one replaced their control arm? Is it a simple task or does it need to be done by a mechanic?
presure2
been there man...for my pass. control arm and ball joint done by toyota was over 400.. frown.gif sorry man..
if your pretty good with tools and stuff you might be able to do it...
latinomasfino
QUOTE (CBawlla @ Jul 2, 2004 - 9:20 PM)
Just found out, $171 from my toyota dealer.

Has any one replaced their control arm? Is it a simple task or does it need to be done by a mechanic?

thast a pretty good deal man especailly since its at a toyotal dealership i had to purchase one from a junkyard for 75 then pay another 50 to install form this mechanic in total $125
macavely
when i had my replaced on the ST it was 130 for the part and another 70 for labor.. then another 78 for alinment which you will need..
lagos
nothing about car work is hard. just a pain in the ass to do . at those prices, id pay someone to do it.
moltar
QUOTE (lagos @ Jul 2, 2004 - 10:49 PM)
nothing about car work is hard. just a pain in the ass to do . at those prices, id pay someone to do it.

This man speaks the truth. Everything is grunt labor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.