Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Give us a swap update Lagos
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
jgreening
Hows it coming bro? What do you have left? Update on the wiring situation?
moltar
I'm awaiting an update as well studmuffin!
dstrbcelica
make that three...
lagos
dang i didnt know there was such an intrest.

the swap is like 95% done. wiring is the only thing left and that should be done next week or so. so hopefully ill get to drive my 3sgte celica very soon.

after the car is running im going to figure out the intercooler piping and install my blow off and boost gauges.
dstrbcelica
all right! can't wait to see pics!!
funnyboy117

Ahhh envy frown.gif

Hope everything works out alright, make sure to give us a final cost est. for everything.
celicarocker
that didnt take you too long man...

thats awesome its almost done....

how are you going about the wiring? did you cut through the firewall, or extend it?
rsos1
are you taking pictures of the wiring?
lagos
the project is costing me around 4-5,000$....but part of that cost includes toys like FMIC, HKS blowoff, gauges, etc.. and i didnt realy sell anything from my clip yet or my 5sfe.

well i tired the wiring and got stuck on a few things. i ended up having a good friend of mine help me with my harness. he is working on it right now and im waiting to hear back from him. i drilled a new hole right behind the ecu in the firewall, so the wiring will have a drirect path into the car and shouldnt need extending.

i still plan on trying to figure out all the wiring and posting as much info as i can about it, so that others will not be at the mercy of shady wanna be electricians.
lagos
if you guys want to see some pics, check out

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286675143

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286636353

these are a few weeks old, but will give you an idea of what ive been doing all month long.
jgreening
Great pics. We are pulling for ya.
Pali_playa
damn that was pretty quick for a swap
funnyboy117

I hope my own future swap can go by that fast...too bad I'm going from ST Auto, that's just gonna make it even harder for me.
reborn0323
QUOTE (funnyboy117 @ Jul 4, 2004 - 9:08 PM)
I hope my own future swap can go by that fast...too bad I'm going from ST Auto, that's just gonna make it even harder for me.

i'm in the same boat man

btw - lagos what type of clip did you get???
lagos
its an ST185 clip.

ive been working on the swap for about 1 month now but my car has been out of comission for about 2 weeks. i would have been done about 1-2 weeks ago if i had the wriring taken care of ahead of time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.