Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Illinois Meet!!!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
spunky393
Hey everyone (from illinois), as you know i started the topic stating who was from illinois, and thanks for writing back, now i don't feel as alone. But lets set this up, i was wondering how bad of an idea springfield would be myself. But i really can't get up to 3 hours away, maybe a little over, but it's just an all around problem for people at home and what not. (i'm still kinda young). So, lets get talking.
Shigexile
where did you say you where from again?
95sweetness
from niles
95sweetness
if we set up this meet ...i can bring along my friends turbo ep3 hatch and my bro in law 94 eclispe gst
sinner96ST
the best place to meet, would be the woodfield mall in schaumburg. it's where all the imports meet around illinois, as far as i'm concerned.

there is a HIN alltrac celica meet on the 24th of this month. it's fairly quick notice but it'd be pretty sweet if we were all to meet up. they're meeting at the woodfield mall, of course.

i'm not going to hot imports night, but it'd still be hella cool to get 6gc.net / the alltrac guys together.
spunky393
I'm from Quincy shigexile if that's who you were asking, where is this woodfield mall, or where the heck is schaumburg. (how do you say that?)
spunky393
and if that's chicago, my mother (don't say anything, i'm still only 17) said she's very iffy about me driving to chicago.
Shigexile
its not really by chicago but its close to arlington heights (about 30min west of chicago). Also by Elk Grove.
spunky393
i'll have to see about it shig, but lets make sure we get the rest of the groups opinions too, haha.
95sweetness
Im fine with woodfield..im like 15 mins away from there...but id go ne where as long as theres a small ill meet biggrin.gif
spunky393
I don't mean to burst anybodies bubble, but farther south would be a much more comforable place for me. Believe me though, i would love to meet up with the all-trac people, it's just hard to only be 17.
Shigexile
it's alright, i'm only 17 too. and i also have about 70min to travel on a regular highway traffic. Maybe 55min if there isn't much traffic.
95GTspeed
yeah woodfield is good. its only about 10 minutes away from me.
spunky393
Is there a second option farther SOUTH that we can bring up??? Please
95sweetness
well how further and where?
Andason
get enough people and land it on a day off and im down... reppin south west WI
95sweetness
i can bring like 2 other ppl with me and really i dont care how far i go..as long as we have a meet biggrin.gif
spunky393
farther south is all i can really say, but i'll try to get my parents to agree with where ever
Shigexile
can you find anyone that will go with you who knows the roads around there?
spunky393
maybe, i'm thinking about my dad, since he's the reason i know engines and cars. He would like it.
95sweetness
that would be sweet
spunky393
he'll back thursday, i'll talk to him then. I leave saturday morning for south padre island, hopefully my hotel has hi-speed hook up so i can stay with everything. Talk to ya later. Anybody elses idea's will of course be excepted.
Tressa95
Whens everyone thinking about this meet? Woodfield would be good I end up there almost every weekend it's pretty cool.
sinner96ST
i'd say we would have to plan this a month or so in advance, at least.

is anyone down for august or september? i'd like to have at least 8-10 of us show up. i'll bring the camera, if need be.
95sweetness
well if we wait till sept..my swap might be done by then...but it wont start tiill august..so i dont care wen the meet would be biggrin.gif..and plus i can bring like 2 other cars with me
Shigexile
School for me starts in August....
Tressa95
Yeah it would be good if it was planned in advance. I will be there as long as it not the day of a show. I think it would be cool to meet you guys tongue.gif
Tressa95
Hey just wondering if this was a forgotten idea or if anyones still up for the idea...Lets get it planned it already the middle of July! We'll be out of time before you know it. smile.gif
jgreening
I would be up for it - unfortunately, my celica is not back yet frown.gif
Yota
What about the Quad Cities? Its a smaller city, but it would be a perfect place to meet. Plus, there are like 5 of us 6gc's in the Quad Cities that want to arrange a meet.
95sweetness
wheres that at?
Yota
Western Edge of Illinois/Eastern Edge of Iowa.
http://www.siumed.edu/practice_ops/assets/...Quad-Cities.gif
JKG97LTD
I live around Chicago Heights, so Woodfield wouldn't be too bad, but if we put the meet in a more central location in illinois we might get more midwest celica owners. Maybe Lasalle-Peru Area....which is in the center of the state on i-80. Starved Rock state park is there, that would make for some cool background for pics...and the jcwhitney factory outlet is there too...just an idea, woodfield would be cool too, i have heard good things about it
jgreening
Starved Rock state park is there, that would make for some cool background for pics

I have been there and the man speaks the truth.
Tressa95
That sounds good to me
Yota
I dunno what you guys think about the river, but there are some nice photo ops for our cars in the Quad Cities off the Mississppi River. The city is very easy to get through and there wouldn't be much problems at all with finding your way around..
spunky393
i like the midwest idea better, that place is gorgeous, i second that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.