6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
speedracer_2020
As of last week, my mileage on my 1995 Celica is <drum roll>

433,333 km

(270,833 miles)

Original Engine. Original Transmission.

[the CV's finally are starting to click..]
sinner96ST
212k on a tacoma.. but not a celica.. you win for the highest mileage around here, i'm sure.
shid
Sounds like it's time for a turbo!!!
Pali_playa
QUOTE (shid @ Jul 5, 2004 - 4:56 PM)
Sounds like it's time for a turbo!!!

LOL tongue.gif
creis
sounds like its time for 150cc injectors pluged up to NAWZ. biggrin.gif

one turbo is not enough, make a duel turbo 4 banger biggrin.gif and finish that motor off.

edit: That civic is a joke, who would want a car that low rolleyes.gif
shid
QUOTE (creis @ Jul 6, 2004 - 1:39 AM)

edit: That civic is a joke, who would want a car that low rolleyes.gif

lol, I just passed one in the mcdonalds parking lot that low
moltar
98k on my baby, nearing the dreaded 100k! Not that it matters on these motors, they can take it.
speedracer_2020
Scary.. the motor is pulling harder than when I first got it.. it's a bit odd.

No problems so far.. lets see how far it goes. There's a nice 3S-GTE from a 95 GT-Four with ECU and Harness at a Jap engine place near by.... hehe

$3000 canadian:)
Digndoug
man, I almost wanna wait for my swap, just so i can see how many miles i can get... i only have aroun 138k i think now..
celicarocker
146k and counting
Jeremy1210
190k miles and counting smile.gif
amysmojo
haha.....73k for me WOW!! lol I bought it w/ 66k in January
bufferdan
160k miles and blingin! Get a pic of the odometer! Just so i can rub it in domestic guys faces! smile.gif j/k
turboinduction
105k - bought it at 99k in january. put 1000 miles on since july 2nd.
pnutcar
I got 297 on my 94 GT but the engine was redone right before I got it. I'm either doing a supercharger or a 3sgte conversion, not sure which yet.
celicaracer18
i was at a car auction once and saw a 80 something celica with 480k miles, i was like WHOA and it was all original miles snd was still running
isn't max for a toyota 700K or was that nissan, i read it somewhere
Sh0gunkid8721
99,999.5 miles...I'm afraid to go over the 100k mark so my cars been sitting in my garage for the past 2 days. I'll eventually go over, but im dreading it. frown.gif
Digndoug
I know there was a wrorld record of a benz that had around 800k + on orig engine...
SlowCelica94
QUOTE (moltar @ Jul 6, 2004 - 2:33 AM)
98k on my baby, nearing the dreaded 100k! Not that it matters on these motors, they can take it.

You mean that? Have you not read how many people on this board have thrown rods? the 5s and 7a aren't motors, they're nice and all, but they're no b-series
Silver94CelicaOwner
QUOTE (SlowCelica94 @ Jul 6, 2004 - 1:24 PM)
QUOTE (moltar @ Jul 6, 2004 - 2:33 AM)

You mean that? Have you not read how many people on this board have thrown rods? the 5s and 7a aren't motors, they're nice and all, but they're no b-series

Im sure he means that it can take the mileage....I dont recall hearing of any Celicas on this board throwing a rod due to high mileage, unless they were runing boost or nitrous on an older engine and didnt properly tune it. I've got 199,270 miles on the original enigne and tranny in mine, and it runs very strong.

Its kinda like a fine wine....Celicas get better with age. wink.gif
97Celica
136,666 <--DEVIL MILEAGE!!!
SlowCelica94
I've just heard of a lot of kids throwing rods when trying to top out their cars
acenova
165,xxx miles. And still counting. I'll just say my school is 100+ miles away and during the school year I'll make at least one trip a week home and back if not more.
LatinKraze
I put 250 miles a week, minimum.
BlackCelicaGT94
i have exactly 157,869

i bought it two years ago with 85,000 miles on it :-D

i put roughly from as little as 100 miles to as much as 700 miles a week on my car
subsolo_21
160k on mine and no probs so far except my cv joint is going bad. One of my relatives had a truck that he put 500k on the original engine.
funnyboy117

116k miles, bought at 113k last year, got my driver's license about 9 months ago...don't do a lot of driving compared to you all
94Toy
I've got 206,000 on mine. No problems
o8poa8o
22RE engines last for ever
Manta5x
I have 213,000 miles on a 94 Gt automatic
same engine same Transmission
the belts are starting to chirp like birds.
slipgun
64k miles smile.gif got it a year ago with 52
bufferdan
i love these cars!! they are great. Ive had two quality Gm's and replaced so much stuff on them and they were just over 100k miles. I mean you gotta replace the crappy alternators every 50k or so usually. Its always something with most of the domestic cars. Mass air flow sensors, headgaskets, injectors, computers, power window motors, transmissions, fuel pumps. I really dont care for domestic cars at all anymore. I think im just going to stay with toyota's or maybe nissans.
speedracer_2020
With the Celica's it's just mainteance.. or I mean wear and tear. No suprises.

My last change was an alternator. The original CV joints finally started clicking .. and the lower control arms (the bushings at least) went because I was being stupid.

But I mean I've only had to really change:
- the silence on the distributor (it shorted and kept blowing fuses)

Minor issues :
- power antenna (had to be replaced)

And then the obvious stuff (none of this counts of course)
- clutch
- struts (old)
- brakes
- timing belt (precautionary)
- waterpump (precautionary)
- bulbs / tires / whatever else .......

Aside from the obvious, there's nothing that ever had to be changed Pretty good with a 440,000 km car

BTW, I saw a Tercel with 1,000,000 miles on the Dave Letterman show!!
Makaveddie
Mineīs got over 220k, only thing I have is a blasted oil leak. Been tryin to fix it for years now, but canīt quite hit the source. Ed.
oOoHuY
got 192k orignial trans and engine... bout to hit the 200K BABYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
CupCrazy38
just under 95K on the celica... have an 84 monte carlo with 290K on the original motor... however, it underwent a complete rebuild at about 190K. Still, not bad for a domestic.
bosch8711
XXX_Mina
97 k on the car, 0 on the engine... just rebuilt baby...

Mina
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.