Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT4 Action
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
NYCelica
http://www-stud.fh-fulda.de/~fdai1569/vids/gt4.wmv

biggrin.gif
moltar
First time i've actually seen a GT4 in action. That guy was driving like a pussy though, I wanted to see some flat out acceleration. **** the cliffs man, he can sacrifice himself for the sake of our viewing pleasure.
shid
Great, another idiot who removes his airbag for the sake of a "sport" wheel. Plus, I dont appreciate spending the entire video at a 45 degree angle- I dont give a **** what he looks like.
BLINKYxMUNKEY
is that GT4 origianally left hand drive or did he just swap that?
moltar
I agree, sport wheels are uber lame.
shid
lhd GT4s aren't THAT rare- but all the ones we import and get clips from are from rhd countries, it's that simple.
jgreening
Nice find NYCelica. Makes a guy want a 3sgte.
lagos
makes me want to finish my swap sooner.
funnyboy117

makes me want to see some video from outside the car, instead of just hearing the revs of the engine and looking from the angle of a passed out camera man
Magic
Hey guys this is a GT4 from Greece!
This waqs 1.8L and he did the swap and also the AWD swap!!!!
The car is running with FULL rebuilt internals(HKS camshafts,Eagle Rods,pistons,Power FC,Greddy Turbo,FMIC,etc).
The car is 550HP @1.7bar and at the past broke 2 times,one time was the internals and the other was a differential problem.
This car is running low 11.
Now the car i know that is running very healthy and its really a BEAST at Greece Drag Races:)
Barbaris is the name of the guy.
Akimbo
get him to join
uzthedentist
how do you know he rewmoved his airbag?
Mynzeyes
QUOTE (uzthedentist @ Jul 6, 2004 - 2:19 AM)
how do you know he rewmoved his airbag?

the airbag is in the center of the stock steering wheel. if you change wheels, there is no way (that i know of) to keep the driver's side airbag.

nice vid. i don't see how he's driving like a "pussy" though...he got it a little squirrely out of a few of the corners, and there was quite a bit of engine noise.

also, as far as sport wheels being "uber gay", have any of you driven a car with one? or have you driven a celica with one? they are quite nice especially on the celica. you wouldn't think it, but the steering wheel makes the car feel soooo much more stable in turns, and also helps control it better, because most have a lot smaller diameter. i know i love the one in my celica, and i'd never go back to a stock bus wheel...

oh yeah, i also don't have airbags, but it was from a wreck. so i didn't "disable" my airbags to change the wheel..

anyway, nice find NY..hit us up if you find more. smile.gif.

-John-
YellowTwo
How can you say anything bad about that video?!! bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif I am speechless! I want a GT-Four so bad! frown.gif
97sccelica
that is exactly why i would trade my WRX for a GT4 in a heart beat
shid
QUOTE (Mynzeyes @ Jul 6, 2004 - 7:31 AM)
also, as far as sport wheels being "uber gay", have any of you driven a car with one? or have you driven a celica with one? they are quite nice especially on the celica. you wouldn't think it, but the steering wheel makes the car feel soooo much more stable in turns, and also helps control it better, because most have a lot smaller diameter. i know i love the one in my celica, and i'd never go back to a stock bus wheel...

John, I hope you didn't think I thought they were uber ghey; but someone taking a functional airbag out just for a steering wheel (I have felt the difference, it's nice.. but..) it's stupid to do that, ESPECIALLY when you're building a car that goes that fast. If they're deployed and will cost thousands to fix, then yeah, do the aftermarket; but for gods sake; it's like an extra life- why give it up before you have to?
mr_dude
Maybe he tripped an airbag sensor doing dash mods and had to replace the wheel biggrin.gif

Yeah, the exterior car shots are pretty good, but I fell off my chair trying to watch the interior shots.
How hard is it to mount an extra two cameras on the dash and hood? Not at all!

Considering there was traffic on the road, I'm glad the guy didn't drive hard core. Punching it and yanking the wheel is a pretty cheap way to get drift.
ToYCeLi8
QUOTE (NYCelica @ Jul 5, 2004 - 8:16 PM)
http://www-stud.fh-fulda.de/~fdai1569/vids/gt4.wmv

biggrin.gif

That was WEAK! ! The camara angle wasnt all that great. And i think i couldve done better. I love that car I've seen it around here and there its a beautiful car. But yeah his was driving was NOT impressing. Just my $.02

David
doGGy
I dont know guys..... But i would love to see how you could handle that power well.... That car was losing traction on every corner then he flored it (AWD losing traction.. Hmmm ) So i think its not that bad... But i could done better with my ST (atleas i could fly all those corners biggrin.gif )
Magic
97sccelica I have done this already tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
macavely
the angle kinda made my neck hurts but as for him driving as a pussy i don't think so.. if you look close you can tell everytime he reved up and shifted the car would start to slide. as for the steering wheeel.. don't knock the guy with out knowing.. there could a 100 reasons why he doesn't have the air bags.. someone did mention that it was and ST converted to a GT-4.. well i hope so cause then that would shut up a lot of people on this site.. mac out ..
uzthedentist
It perplexes me why people do swaps when they can get the real thing. Ill be m aking some videos on august 14th of the GT4 owners club around a race track in the UK. the day is called the supercar rallyday and can be seen at www.rallyday.com
macavely
QUOTE (uzthedentist @ Jul 6, 2004 - 1:49 PM)
It perplexes me why people do swaps when they can get the real thing. Ill be m aking some videos on august 14th of the GT4 owners club around a race track in the UK. the day is called the supercar rallyday and can be seen at www.rallyday.com

well not everyone can get the real thing.. like over here in the USA we never got the GT-4 or the SS-3 so we have to swap. unless some company choses to import and make those cars legal in the US.. but still it will be cheaper just to swap.
shid
Mac, he's directly refering to people who can easily buy the GT4 smile.gif
uzthedentist
yep i am wink.gif
97sccelica
QUOTE (Magic @ Jul 6, 2004 - 2:57 AM)
97sccelica I have done this already tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

mad.gif

rub it in why dont you? wink.gif

i have decided that after i am out of college i will import a 94 GT4 to canada(under the 14 year old rule, or what ever its called) then bring it down to california

i will always love celicas. and i will always love AWD.

im really glad that i just handed down my celica to my sister instead of selling it. of course being a new girl driver, she has bumped into a few things, but atleast the car is still here.

some times she takes my parking spot in the garage, and my friends ask where's the logic in having to park the 2004 car outside while the 1997 car is inside.

i just tell them to lay off and that the celica is my baby, and my WRX is just a my car.
Magic
97sccelica
I used to have WRX Version 4:) Great Suspension but i was running factory boost and con rod failed after 2 months biggrin.gif Hahaha So i moved to my current car which is fantastic:)
In my family we have 2 Celicas (GT4,3SGE SS2) and we are very lucky having them:)
Its nice for you to have the Celica in the Family,even if they did left any parking for your WRX biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
neoklis
RE the air bag comment
- There are Celis without airbags. My 95 Curren doesn't have one.
- if they were deployed for some reason, the cost of repairing it could be very high.

In general, having a GT4 myself i think that the car is amazing. its 550bhp and it shows. in my stock GT4 the only way to drift is to accelerate hard in first, turning the wheel and the road to be slippery/wet. This guy is driftng in second.

I would prefer the interior piece not to be on 45 d angle and some more exterior coverage.
uzthedentist
i can drift in 2nd with 304bhp, no biggie
GT4_Addicted
is there any more GT4 vids???

i'd love to see more...
tufy
my 94 st 205 doesnt have air bags from stock.
neoklis is right. its very hard to drift at 2nd gear with a gt four exept you shift from 1 to 2 very fast. (and its not to much, 1 sec)
barbarians car have 18'' and as i can see you uzthentist have stock 16'' rims . it makes too much difference wheel size on traction .
the car on video have a quarter mile time around 11 sec.
bowdown.gif
user posted image
uzthedentist
yes wheel size is important. Also left foot braking to shift the weight or lift-off oversteer is important in creating drift
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.