Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sell coupe for hatch?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
drdos
i have a 94 gt Coupe, and i was wondering if you people think i sould sell it for a 94-95 gt hatch? or just keep the coupe?

thanks
subsolo_21
I love the way hatches look. Since you haven't modded yours that much I would sell it and get the hatch. I'd like to do that, but I've put too much into mine to let it go.
funnyboy117

I feel the same way, I think the hatch would be better for looks and for my sound system, but I already have the dynamat, $2000 worth of sound, tint, and some rims coming for the car, so it's too late to make the change frown.gif
aznxrussel
noooooo biggrin.gif
lagos
im all about the hatch....but it depends on how much money you would loose by doing so.

dont let the hatch vs coupe be your only reason for buying another celica.....find something lower milage, or maby a another color, with better interror too. then i would say its worth it.
macavely
i say no even though i love my hatch i miss my coupe even more.. i saw a lot of 6gc/hatch around here but i was only one of 2 coupes.. and with the right rear wing and lip kit the coupe looks so much better.. and i still like the coupes lights way better then the coupe.. but this is just my opinion
reborn0323
nooooo!!!! mod the coupe

i love my coupe. they're lighter and the only thing that's harder to find is body kits.
ghostdog
things I dislike about the coupe:

1) lower resale value
2) the bodykit situation
3) audio doesn't hit as hard

thats about it. more than anything the resale value though.
Clipsetuner
I loved mine, there was just something about having a car that isnt seen very often or very many of. my neighbor bought the same extact coupe as me but other then that never have seen another coupe in my area. its not as round=girly but it does have a bigger butt. plus coupe's body structure wont twist as easy as coupe, and Not hitten as hard haha, 3 Kicker Comps and 2 MTX thunder 4500's hurt my ears.
DTE
slipgun
Coupes have better handelin smile.gif Besides, I like the tails better too, and damn is it worth losing money on the trade? You could modify the kit to get it to fit for that kinda cash
Andason
imo go hatch but like someone said before dont make that your only reason to do it.
fastgt
all you need on a coupe is curren tail and curren wing ..then you have a happy coupe

my coupe just needs the tail...and money to put on my rear extensions....i hate being broke
BlackSTX
Keep the coupe! It's much lighter and much more rare. I'm starting to 6g hatchbacks everyhwere around here but very seldom any coupes.
Negative
Whatever - In the opinion of every person I asked when I was weighing a coupe vs. hatch the coupe is ugly. This is not necessarily my opinion but I did ask alot of people who were not 'into' cars - girls I know, my family. non-racer friends, etc. and everybody agreed that the coupe was ugly. The only people that didn't say that always asked "What's the difference?". So I'd say get the hatch if other people's opinions matter to you.
Coupe people: remember this is not necessarily my opinion - just some impartial peoples opinions.
celicaman96
Just keep the Coupe...duh! wink.gif
chucho
girls love me coupe...& i like the coupe over the hatch. Like the hatch but like my coupe better, only thing i'm upset about is the rear bumper but i got some hiro rear extensions 2 throw on there. I wouldnt trade my coupe for a hatch but i still would pick up a hatch.
aznxrussel
for awhile i really wanted a hatch but after putting on rear extensions and a wing, it dramatically changed the way my coupe looked
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.