Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aerodynamics?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
DemoX
Hi

What is the aerodynamics of the Celica?
and how stable is it at high speeds...
and what is the fastest a Celica have driven?

Cheers
macavely
well the celica feels ever stable at high speeds... i have had my current celica at around 110mph.. and it felt has it was getting sucked into the ground.
tufy
do you mean fricton of air?
high speed is related with power agains weight and dirctly with your gearbox,
controlability of car is related with suspention, tires, rims, traction control,ect.

think that gt four and st models both have same shape. but different top speeds
gt four have more powerfull engine to reach that speed( about 150 mph)
different suspention, bigger brakes, rims and tires. rear wrc wing to make down force.

so if you make your celica 600 bhp, put larger rims, brakes, different gearbox, put sport suspention ect, you may go over 300 kmph
DemoX
Is it easy to get 500+ hp out of the 3S-GTE?

or would i have to put a stroker kit on first?
tufy
no storker kit needed but you ll need to change every thing,
like all internals ( crank shaft over 500 bhp), turbo, monifold, intercoler, fuel pump enjectors, gasgets, bolds, ecu, and many more that ll cost you arround 15 000 $
this is only on engine.. you ll have proplems with standart gearbox, and gearbox are so expensive. about 5-15 000$ rolleyes.gif
DemoX
LOL

That is expensive...
but again...

you have a pretty fast car....and if you put 500+ hp in it
it can easiely out run the Porsche Turbo (or even the GT2) right?

cheers
tufy
ehhmm...
500+ bhp is under 4 sec to 60 mph
that depens on driver. biggrin.gif
uzthedentist
the gt4 gearbox can take 600bhp so get that if you want to tune it. Ive been 135 in my celica and its still stable so i wouldnt worry bout that. Let me guess you have a friend with a gt2 that has challenged you??
tufy
yes st 205's gearbox is so strong. i am practising on rebuldin my engine those days. and i am not plannin to change my gearbox. but if we want is higher speed, there is no other choise.
uzthedentist
yes someone is testing a 300kph 6 speed at the moment. should see it in action on august 1st
DemoX
a GT-4 with 6 speed? (i already love they idea)

Yes, one of my friends have a Porsche GT2,
but it's slightly modified (525 BHP)

but i have a Oldie Corolla
thinking of buying a GT-4

What do you guys think about AWD System?

I have hears something about a TT 3S-GTE!!
uzthedentist
his top speed is around 190mph i think youll have a lot of difficulty beating him
DemoX
smile.gif i meant a 6-Speed for my own GT-Four
DemoX
can a Celica get to 205-210mph?
97Celica
most I personally have gone is 127mph
uzthedentist
no it cant it tops out around 165 mph. ive done 128 but the stupid speed limiter cuts in thats at 5200rpm
tufy
i have done 6200 rpm at 5 th gear. my speed meter shows 180 kmph but i don't have speed limiter because my ecu is remaped. i am thinkin that it was arround 240 kmph.
i am wonderin if all st 205 gear boxes are same.
one day we tryed our cars with magic's black st 205 at 3 rd gear, he finished gear but mine was still going ( 3-4 sec more) and we were going side by side. confused.gif
DemoX
QUOTE (uzthedentist @ Jul 8, 2004 - 11:35 PM)
no it cant it tops out around 165 mph. ive done 128 but the stupid speed limiter cuts in thats at 5200rpm

also highly tuned?
TRDCelicaFan
What you've got to remember is that the road version of the GT-Four is essentially the rally machine. In the world of rallying, no one gives a rat's ass about top speed. There's no point in having a 200mph limit when you never get to use it since in WRC you have to slow right down every few hundred yards to negotiate difficult corners. The only thing that matters is that you can accelerate like a demon and corner like there's no tomorrow. To reflect this, pretty much all rally-derived cars are limited to somewhere around the 150mph mark and have their gearing biased towards acceleration, not top speed.

That isn't to say that the ST-205 isn't fast, I don't think anyone would suggest that. It's a heck of a car and with the right parts I'm sure would accelerate like it's rear end was on fire. But you have to be realistic, you're never going to get 200mph+ out of it. It's not a straight-line sprinter. That's what Supras are for. The GT-Four is meant to be a supreme all-rounder, and that it's very good.

Besides, it depends where you're racing your friend and his GT2. If it's on the road, then unless he's mad he won't reach his potential top speed, meaning you'd have a chance. (My apologies about the length of this post, everyone.)
neoklis
A porsche GT2 is a completely different story. i dont think we should compare the two at any level since they were built for completely different purposes, and for completely different people.

Top speed is no measure of a cars abilities. This has to do more with gearing ratios and stuff. Acceleration is the issue. I was street racing with my Curren a few years ago against a Merc CLK compressor and i owned him on acceleration but due to the JDM speed limiter he was barely able to keep in front of me. If i did n't have the speed limiter, he would be so embarassed he would torch it. (actually last year a guy in my country torched his VW Golf because he was fed up with it.)
uzthedentist
also highly tuned?

not really, moderately tunes to about 300bhp
DemoX
just 1 question

Would a Highly tuned GT-4 with a New (and "improved") 6 Speed Gearbox
stand a chance for the 200 mph berrier?

Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.