6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
DG_Performance
what happened to this post?
edit:
i though for sure i started this topic?

is anyone up for gathering together?
lagos
im down, as long as my car is running and it not a crazy long trip. it would be cool to meet up with you in person, compare swaps, and wiring info.
Defgeph
if you plan it, I will come. I'd like to see to swapped celi's

DEF
Consynx
south western...as in SOUTH PARK? awesome smile.gif
macavely
have it on a saturday morning afternnon.. and i'll roll down there aslong as my car is not in the shop again ..
Consynx
err, i work Sat 12-12
my work schedule is uniform and really short now:
Mon: 9-5
Fri: 11-3
Sat: 12-12
Sun: 4-12
moltar
I'll drive up from Cincinnati if you get enough people, it's about 2 1/2 hours for me.
TTE
I'm down for it too
OrbitalGT95
hahahah south park.........im down..lets get together..south park..tehehe
DG_Performance
Hummmm....... I never thought about south park. That is a great idea cause it has such huge parking lots and a ton of room to hang out!
Good thinking Consynx!!!
The fact that is is only an hour from me is a bonus too biggrin.gif HAHA
But seriously that is a good spot.
Ok, so now we have a good place for the meet we just need people!!!!
It would most likely be "a friday evening,saturday all day, or sunday morning " depending on the other peoples schedules and availiability.

i am hoping for more than just 6 celica's that we got now........
come on you other people!!!!!!
go to this if you are within a few hours,,,,, celicas get good gas mileage haha
dg
OrbitalGT95
im 10min away from south park..so if ur serious im deff down..however i go there alot..and for the most part it's a bunch of jerk..never seen anoterh 6gen down there though..im def down letf say fri the 23 or sat the 24 around 8pm...???? anyone like that idea?
StarGirl97
I will be there no matter what! I'm about an hour or so away and time weekend coming up and anytime is good for me. Just let me know where and when. This will be awesome if we can get a bunch of people to come! smile.gif
lagos
i can do sunday for sure, and saturday if i have enough notice.

anyone go an address and zip for it, so i can see how long of a drive it would be.
DG_Performance
as a general idea i know south park is only like 15-20 minutes from pittsburgh
i am not sure of the zip code there?
the meet would be during the day and not from like 8-9 at night cause some people have to drive pretty far to get home after and if the meet does not start till 8pm that will just not work out for the people traveling!
it would not be a good idea to have a night meet ....and it is not fair to those who are coming from hours away.
i would set a date but i want everyone to get a chance to post which weekend would be best.
orbitalgt95.... you said for a meet on 23-24 this month
are all you other guys ok with that?
if not we can make it for early next month?????
dg
StarGirl97
Thats a good weekend for me. Saturday would probably be a better day for me.
NYCelica
I might go ....ahem...this time. rolleyes.gif
lagos
QUOTE (NYCelica @ Jul 8, 2004 - 6:23 PM)
I might go ....ahem...this time. rolleyes.gif

hahaha i call bull s h i t on that.
DG_Performance
hey lagos are you going to be ready by then?
it is possible for you to make it if you get a move on it!!!
biggrin.gif
lagos
well my plan is to have the car running by this sunday, but i dont know how it will run, and if it will be in good shape for a long trip.
moltar
As long as I know a few days in advance so I can ask for the day off I'm down.
Defgeph
saturday or sunday @ anytime I'm in
DG_Performance
It is looking pretty good for saturday the 24 of this month! I guess we are going to go ahead and go with that date if everyone is cool with that
Anyone got any other ideas for the meet???
I am bringin a dig camera and maybe a vid camera!!!
what else could we do to make this meet lots of fun?
ok , so far does anyone have to drive more that 3 hours to get there?

TRDCelicaST
Count me in! I've been away from the site for a while but Saturday the 24th would be perfect. South Park is like 10 minutes from my house.
Defgeph
let get some address up so I can see how far of a drive this is. I need to plan ahead for this, prolly like a 6 hour drive for thw few in northern jersey

thanks
Def
lagos
yeh if its that far then i dont think ill be able to go.

now that i think about it, even if i get my car running, i wont have my fmic fully setup and i dont think it would be a good idea to take a long trip on the tmic.
StarGirl97
The 24th is a good day for me. Im only about an hour away from Sourth Park.
DG_Performance
I am not sure of the exact address for south park, but i know that this address is for South Hills Village Mall that is 5 minutes away from south park!
700 Fort Couch Rd South Hills, PA 15241

I noticed a few of you guys said that you dont live far from south park at all. Does anyone still go there on the weekends to just hang out and talk? Back when i was in high school that was the place to be, but i dont know about now cause i have not been there in so long.
DG_Performance
Would you guys want to move the date up to the 17th? That is this weekend comming up!! Since Legos is not going to be able to make it anyway since he said that his car would not be ready for that kind of trip yet we really have no reason to wait 2 weeks.
If everyone is still cool with that let me know cause i am going to be getting a new job in Florida very soon and if the position opens earlier than expected i have no choice but to up and move early.
I would really like to meet all you be i take off to the south and not get the chance.
so tell me what do you guys think about moving the date?
thanks,
dg
1bwilson
I like the idea of a meet. I hope we can set up another in about a month or so when I and legos are up and running. I go next week but my car is just going to hit the shop tuesday and my birthday if thursday, Im not going to have the time for this meet.

DG, dont forget you and I have that grudge match to do wink.gif .
TRDCelicaST
The 17th should probably be good for me...I'm in Florida right now, I'll have to check when I get home to be sure.
playr158
i'd say stick with the 24th....more time for planning and lagos to finish....supposably he's turning the key today....then hopefully read by then....and i'll try and come i'll have to drive the longest since i'm down in VA/DC
Consynx
i can't make Sat's but Fridays i can
and the 23rd or whatnot works...then im gone 27th-1st, then back again...and same old schedule
err, it's kewl...i wont make this one smile.gif
most people work Mon-Fri
i work more like Thurs - Mon

uh, if there's antoher one it should be on a Tues, Wed or Fri wink.gif
DG_Performance
Stargirl just let me in on something..... i think you guys will like it!
I am going to let her post it on here since it was her idea.
Look for her reply and let us know what you guys think
DG
StarGirl97
On the 17th there is an event going on called the Flash Light Drags about an hour from South Park from 6-10. Its at an airport and you can race an 1/6 of a mile against pretty much any kind of car that is there. Its a lot of fun. We could have the meet at Sourth Park in the afternoon and then come up here for the night. Let me know what you guys think. Here is the site with more info: Flash Light Drags
OrbitalGT95
the flashlight drags are at zelinople airport, i've been meaning to go out there..but the 17 is also sideways salvation series at beaver run sponser by dgtrials.com..my buddy is drifting his 95 240 there and i can't miss it..pluse that whole weekend it messed up for me...so if we could still have it on the 24 that would be soooo sweet cause i've already told a bunch of peps about it and my car and 2 others are already full with peps ready to see some sexy 6 gens....
DG_Performance
Well i am cool with going to south park for both dates to meet!
not everyone will want to do this but i am up for it !
even if only a few of you guys want to go meet on the 17 that are in the area that want to go to the drag strip with us we can do that too!!!!!
we can still have a bigger meet the next weekend of the 24th if that is cool?
how does that sound

so overall... there is a meet now on the 17th at SP for us local people (and any others that want to come) that want to go to the drag races!!!

..... and the bigger meet the week after (on the 24th) same location at SP who dont want to come for the 17th to go to the drag strip races!!!
StarGirl97
That works for me. DG just let me know where we are meeting in South Park since im not to familure wit the area.
Consynx
search for VIP
you guys can all meet there...
it has a big parking lot

if it's hard to find i think it's correctly called VIP Racing / Grand Prix

sorry i cannot make it
12-5 at Day Toyota and 5-12 at Primanti's
both on rt 51
droptopGT
im down, where exactly in PA would this meet take place though??
DG_Performance
Vip Parking lot in south park.... is the meet location as of now.
but we can have it at south hills village mall (if we cant get an exact address for vip parking lot)
the mall is right off of RT 19 and you cant miss it!!!!
if you do a yahoo map it looks like a 15 minute ride from the liberty tunnels at pittsburgh.
what do you guys want to do ???
let us know,
dg

TRDCelicaST
South Park would probably be better because the mall security at the Village, but I'm down for whatever.
lagos
DG, how about u and me have a meet....in my garage, with my car on jackstands, if you know what i mean ....lol
rob7796
I'll be there on the 24th. The 16th and 17th is a carlise import show in Norwalk, Ohio, so I'll be in Ohio that weekend. What time do you plan to meet?
Consynx
i am trying to get out of my 2nd job for Saturday...please make it run past 5 just incase...
Consynx
btw, you guys are so lazy smile.gif

South Park Vip
30 Corrigan Drive
Bethel Park, PA 15102-3714
Phone: (412) 833-9711

use mapquest smile.gif i can't do that for you guys.
StarGirl97
I can meet anytime on this Saturday and on the 24th. Just let me know what time we are meeting. I am going to drag races that i talked about before on Saturday night. So if anybody is interested in comming with me. Let me know.
Defgeph
alright myself, mac, and tte are going we are gonna leave friday night the 23 adn crash at hotel room.

Could one of youguys close by get me a number to a decent hotel around there thanks
DEF
Consynx
Springhouse Suites is by me, like $110 a night i believe...pretty damn nice
but i didnt grab number, if you REALLY need me to let me know
its off of Lebanon Church road, about 10-15mins from VIP
Defgeph
any of these close by Sheraton I have a deal everytime I stay with them.

edit: this is for the 24th
thanks guys
DEF
OrbitalGT95
k i just wanted to say that im SOOOOO FUXING PUMPED FOR THE 6GEN MEET. sadly though i'll only be coming to the 24th date have a safe trip to everyone thats coming
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.