Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MR2 turbo engine swap
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
CelicaFanatic
is this possible, what needs to be changed? does it just drop in.
shid
Its a 3sgte swap, look at the sticky in Engine/Perfomrnace section called Swaps.
jgreening
Shid is correct. As a matter of fact, I know a guy who is getting a MR2 Turbo engine and tranny installed as we speak.... wink.gif
dstrbcelica
wrong forum btw.
macavely
yes and get the tranny if you can also..
FallenHero
you have to have special shift cables to fit the tranny, but it shouldn't be a problem for the shop. (I was told...)
CelicaFanatic
because i can get a smashed mr2 with a turbo'd engine... just use the engine... but can i just take the wiring harness and the computer box from the mr2 and just stick in my car? and do i have to mod the car to fit the tranny? or can i use a 5sfe tranny? what about axles and so on.
boosted_K2
the shift linkage must be reversed b/c you are essentually putting the mr2 trans in backwards, and the ECU will need to be transfered from the MR2, and you will have to use the MR2 harness and the Celica harness, and fab togeather a custom one from the two.
shid
Remember that guy who was talking about how he was gonna swap the 3sgte from a crashed mr2? and how it was perfect because only the back got smashed- where the engine wasn't? hehehehhe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.