Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem with brakes
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
prompt
Ok I know its my front brake pads that are gone(low grinding sound when i push on the brake).

Thing is though, just 2 weeks ago I got my inspection done and it passed. Well the brake being one of the most important things should of been looked at. Brake pads just don't degrade in 1 day. So when I go out to get new brake pads for the front, I need to know if I should call up the shop and ask them if they looked at them. Then if they say "yes" and I go in and show them. Should I tell them to install them for free or bring up legal action if they don't?

Oh ya, which brake pads should I buy that I can get in 1 or 2 days?
macavely
ok let me get this stright you got new brakes installed, then got the car inspected. it passed now you have a noise when you apply the brakes??
prompt
No, no new brake were installed. But I do have a grinding sound when i press the brakes. Which is probably the brakes hitting the rotor
macavely
yea thats usally you pads are going and you a braking metal on metal.. have those pads replaced ASP.. the best pads i have used have been the TRD ones. you can pick them up for 70 buck at your toyota dealer..
prompt
My question though is what I should do about the shop and the inspection.. confused.gif
Jeremy1210
what did the inspection cover? Was it just engine stuff or everything else. Look at your recipt to see what they looked at.
prompt
I went there today after work. I guess "Maine" inspection doesn't cover brakes unless they hear something. But when they were all done checking my brakes today I guess all 4 pads are worn down, and the 2 front ones damaged the rotors. So im just going to get 4 new pads new front rotors and new rear drums. frown.gif Got to love car exspences.
Digndoug
Well, sence youve already figured it out, im not goig to bother saying to much.. But i know Md inspection covers that, but every state is dif.. and they wont help at all.. I would suggest looking for somthing with kevlar, or something with low break dust.. but be carfull.. The last time i spent good money on good pads.. I spent $250 bucks for some really nice ones for my bimmer, then it got totalled like 3 weeks later, so it was 250 down the hole.. but they did make a nice dif, also my rims would stay clean from break dust almost all the time.
prompt
Anyone know a good site for performance rotors\drums\pads?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.