Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Self introduction time!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Puchi
Hey everybody, just thought I'd introduce myself. I just got my 94 GT Hatch (5spd) last week and I love it, even though it needs a butt load of work. Concerning myself I'm a 20 year old college student at Towson University in Maryland, but you probably just want to see my car.

user posted image

user posted image

I got it for $3,400. Here's the current list of what needs to be done

Needs:

front shocks
rear struts
valve cover gsket (oil leak)
interior lights do not function (already replaced bulbs)
new front brake rotors
new brake pads all around
power steering pump belt (for MD inspection)
Neeeds paint bad, numerous scratches and dings all around. The pervious owner could not park at all!
macavely
Welcome..
playr158
nice dude, i'm right outside of DC on the Va side of it.....good to know more people around here are getting on this site:)
tysO
nice for 3400 smile.gif for your interior lights..try checking the fuses and what not
moltar
We're twins! I got mine for 4500 in march, but it didn't have any problems -- good luck, and treat her right!
Digndoug
were exactly do you live?, I live in annapolis too, Well Cape if you know where that is.. oh an welcome
shid
Woah, thats looking nice
celicaman96
Hey lookin' good. Welcome aboard!
forkee
hiya
Defgeph
welcome ...hope you learn alot here

DEF
dstrbcelica
welcome to the site and boards. enjoy your stay and always remember this, when they ask you if you want to super size that, always say yes.

-dstrb
Drocay
welcome.
turboinduction
Hey - Welcome to the site

supersize, dstrb... rolleyes.gif
Puchi
QUOTE (Digndoug @ Jul 13, 2004 - 4:18 AM)
were exactly do you live?, I live in annapolis too, Well Cape if you know where that is.. oh an welcome

I'm in Arnold, I'm proably 5 mins down College Parkway from you.
Jeremy1210
Welcome to the site. nice car.

Try ebay for rotors. They are pretty inexpensive and they work very well. Member on this board have bought them and found they work fine. And the celica has struts in Front and Rear. Go with KYB for OEM replacement or if you have the cash, Koni Yellow.

Do a search for Koni and KYB to see who has them and what they like about them. You can buy them from Tirerack.com (site sponsor, I think)
Digndoug
QUOTE (Puchi @ Jul 13, 2004 - 1:56 PM)
were exactly do you live?, I live in annapolis too, Well Cape if you know where that is..  oh an welcome

Thats sweet, finally someone right around me.. I have a Black hatch with bronzish rims if ya ever see me. Not to be rude, but are you a guy or a gal... cause the only ones i see around here driving, are really old woman...
Coomer
Welcome to the site. biggrin.gif

The car looks good. As far as the interior lights, I'd pull off the panel where the dimmer switch resides(It's just held in by clips and pulls right out) and check to make sure that the harness is plugged in. If it is, then you can start checking wires with a multimeter. The green wire(I think it's green...I can't remember) should give you +12 volts when the parking lights or headlights are on, even with the harness unplugged. Now if you plug in the harness to the dimmer knob and turn the knob fully clockwise, you should get some sort of positive voltage from the white wire(Probably close to +12 volts at full brightness.) If you're not getting +12 volts at the green wire, chances are you've blown a fuse. If you're not getting some positive voltage at the white wire(when the knob is set to full brightness) but the green wire gives you +12 volts, chances are that your dimmer assembly is bad and needs to be replaced. If both wires give out your correct voltages, then post in Interior/Electrical/Audio/Wiring and we'll help you out further. wink.gif
dstrbcelica
QUOTE (turboinduction @ Jul 13, 2004 - 8:39 AM)
Hey - Welcome to the site

supersize, dstrb... rolleyes.gif

what??
nicksceli
welcome. my friend just moved to towson to go to school. i'll be down there the weekend of the 24th for the drift event in dc.
initialdrift55
welcome to the site dude...hopefully u learn a lot these people are great
Negative
Man that car looks great in the picture - of course it's hard to see the dings and whatever in a picture.
As for that list of problems - none of that is difficult and shouldn't take too long to get fixed up. To bad you don't live in Texas - we could knock all that out in one afternoon even if we had to run new wires for the lights.
Welcome.
Puchi
QUOTE (Digndoug @ Jul 13, 2004 - 3:50 PM)
QUOTE (Puchi @ Jul 13, 2004 - 1:56 PM)
were exactly do you live?, I live in annapolis too, Well Cape if you know where that is..  oh an welcome

Thats sweet, finally someone right around me.. I have a Black hatch with bronzish rims if ya ever see me. Not to be rude, but are you a guy or a gal... cause the only ones i see around here driving, are really old woman...

I'd be a dude, I can only dream of being an old lady.
madmods
welcome aboard bro!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.