Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unfortunate Accident
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
imnotshelley
Hey everyone, I've been a member for a while but I never got around to posting any pictures of my beloved '94 Celica, but I doubt you'd want to see her now. On my way back up to college after Spring Break, I got into an accident. A guy in front of me slammed on his breaks in stop-and-go traffic(in a construction zone no less) and I slammed on mine but it was no use. I rear-ended him, going no more than 15mph, leaving only a scratch on the rental 2004 Escape he was driving. What happened to my car was worse, much worse. My airbags deployed, shattering my windshield and two headlights, my hood bent up and is now misaligned, and there's a nice slice missing from the center of my front bumper. It didn't seem right to me that the airbags had gone off, and when I took the front end apart, I discovered that before the headlight shattered, it got shoved straight back into the airbag sensor, which was what caused them to deploy in what usually would have been a simple fender-bender.

The damage estimate on my car was about $6k, with just $1200 alone for the airbags (straight from the factory), excluding replacing the sensors and computer. Everything other than the airbags I have had good luck finding the service and/or parts for repair/replacements at a decent price, however I can't afford the $600 a piece for the airbags. I've searched high and low and even did a search here on these forums. I've found tons of airbags for '93's and below at lower prices, but I simply can't find anything for my '94. Any particular reason why others are so cheap and mine are hard to come by and ridiculously expensive? I was hoping that someone here would know of any retailers or sellers or any place that I could find these airbags for my '94 Celica for less than $1200?

I really, really want my car back. I miss her so much. frown.gif

Any help is much appreciated!
Mynzeyes
have you checked Car-Parts.com?

that is my haven for parts when i need stuff cheap. smile.gif.
shid
car-parts.com is run out of a single home with a manager who doesn't really know what he's doing, and 2 kind middle aged women to take orders.

It's not even their real project, their real project is selling mall kiosk kareoke machines.

My mom's one of their kindly middle aged ladies- I think thats the right website smile.gif
Mynzeyes
QUOTE (shid @ Jul 13, 2004 - 11:54 PM)
car-parts.com is run out of a single home with a manager who doesn't really know what he's doing, and 2 kind middle aged women to take orders.

It's not even their real project, their real project is selling mall kiosk kareoke machines.

My mom's one of their kindly middle aged ladies- I think thats the right website smile.gif

every single time i've gone there, and found something, and called, the place had it...unless you have personal experience that says otherwise?
jgreening
every single time i've gone there, and found something, and called, the place had it...unless you have personal experience that says otherwise?

try looking for an alternator bracket for a 5th gen celica alltrac for my swap. I must have called 20 places on www.car-part.com before I gave up and bought it from Toyota. However, for most stuff, you are probably right.
Jeremy1210
could try taprecycling.com too

Russkiy
i got my air bags about a year ago for $578 fro both and including the computer and the front sensors. I got them at local junk yard that happend to have a overturned celica.
Good luck
Egor
Russkiy
try taprecycling.com i went there on tuesday, they just got a 96 celica st and it has air bags
just get the phone number from the site and give the a call. Ask for MIKE.
Egor
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.