Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3s internals
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
SlowCelica94
I've seen some different answers to this question when I used the search button and the mr2 guys told me it was all forged. So what are the pistons and rods and crank made outta? (or just the bottom end internals in general)

How much hp can the 3s hold up to on a stock bottom end?

How does 3s compare to an sr20det?
turboinduction
the bottom end is metal... lol

I've heard that a 3S can hold 300WHP on stock internals. I can believe that because of the supposed Japanese HP rule. Basically the country stops companies from making insanly high HP cars due to strict emissions. YES, even more than California. However, the companies still over then years continue to improve upon their current designs. This is why a domestic make cant take much over what they are at in numbers unless you upgrade internals. Whereas, the popular 4G63 can easily double HP numbers on stock internals... why because the Japanese have been using this engine for more than a decade.

EDIT: Correct me only if you know i'm wrong. I've heard this, however, I'm not positive that is 100% true.

EDIT 2: Compared to the SR20... hum. I'd basically say the same. Both companies have power engines (2JZ and RB26) and both companies have their lil sister power engines (3S and the SR20). I'd say they are about even. The 3S is used in just about the same amount of cars as the SR20 in Nissans.
Supersprynt
300wheel is pretty achievable, its near 400-450 where u start to worry.

And btw: They are not forged but a step below, its a weird word that escapes me at this moment.
Four
the 3sgte had an IRON block, unlike 5sfe and 7afe that have alluminum blocks. what do you trust?
Digndoug
QUOTE (Four @ Jul 17, 2004 - 6:58 AM)
the 3sgte had an IRON block, unlike 5sfe and 7afe that have alluminum blocks. what do you trust?

Well the aluminum blocks are much better.. They displase heat uch better and also can be run harder with less stress and worrya bout the block cracking witch rarly happens. i would say the 3s is a lot better then the sr20, just because it pushes out around 255 stock where as the sr20 i think has around 210-220.. but i do like rwd if your talking about swaps.
boosted_K2
a true testimate to the 3sgte.

http://www.jekylhyderacing.com/slips.htm

stock internals, 198,XXX miles, 20+ PSI, pulling 11 second 1/4 times.

the block has never been opened lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.