Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Miami, FL Meet
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
initialdrift55
Anyone interested in having a meet down here in miami? I dont really see any 6gens down here so i was hoping we can get some to get down and maybe hang out a thursday or friday at hooters to grab a bite then we ride somewhere..?

tim86
get in touch with mina with the 3sgte... hes in miami, im in orlando
initialdrift55
lol yea mina and i always chill....normally we hang out tuesday and thursday's thats why we were looking for some more people to hang out with..more celica's cuz we are normally out numbered by a group of my friends s2000's and nsx's
RedRumGT_Rebel
Just List a time and location and you can count me in....The lack of 6th gen.'s is very noticeable so riding out would be great - especially on random nights when I see groups of neon's, civics, integra's, or accords on the streets back-to-back.
initialdrift55
Sounds good ill talk to my boy mina to see if we can chill on Thursday like at 9:30 or 10pm we can meet up at the hooters on 87th ave...
RedRumGT_Rebel
No doubt Whatever can be firmed up is good...I'll try to get a pic of my car up (stock 4 right now) I'm coming from Broward Co. but I know how to get down there - on a side note: Do you know where I can find or how much two beige front leather seats will run me
initialdrift55
to be honest not really....im going to U-Pick the junk yard today ill check it out to see if they have and ill run it by you...but it might be cheaper to just wrap our seats in beige leather you should chek that out
RedRumGT_Rebel
Thanks...Yeah I was leaning towards finding someone to reupholster them anyway but I just wanted to check out the junk yard scene first. The previous owner didn't bother to use any leather protectant and that south florida heat just tore straight through them.

Besides that I'm really running high with a Scion TC fever. I'm going to test drive one this weekend and see where it goes from there - but it'll prolly be at least a couple of weeks before I make a decision.
initialdrift55
yo nothing at the junk....and i feel you lol that TC is so sweet
RedRumGT_Rebel
True...True..Thanx for at least checking though - Besides that I really think with all these Jersey heads and Orlando people we could really get something jumping off down here at the right time. Would be nothing sweeter than to lock down South Beach or Downtown Orlando back-to-back-back...w/ 6th gen's. The 6th gen is becoming like the old 300z rare but looks wise still holding it's own against the 350z, G35, etc.
initialdrift55
yup you dont know how long ive been wanting a meet to go on down here since i first joined the forums which was a while ago....you dont have pics of your car?
initialdrift55
Hey i know its short notice but...do you guys want to meet up tommorrow (Thursday) at 10pm....at hooters on 87th ave? I will be there for sure but itf u guys wanna meet up we can there. PM me for my number and we can meet...
RedRumGT_Rebel
I think i'll be free so I'll try my best to make it...(I'll PM You if I can't) but I won't be hard to miss...red gt sports coupe stock.

In other news I couldn't wait unitl the weekend so I test drove the Scion TC yesterday (Manual Of Course) biggrin.gif ... Only got it up to around 77 on a back strech road behind the dealership but then the salesman started getting antsy

Positives
This introductory deal is unbelievable - you practically get everything standard - mp3/Cd player, Moonroof, etc.

All the seats are able to fold down and make a flat bed (Connecting headrest to backseat) which would be great since I'd be flat broke if I purchase this car.

Handles Pretty good...Not the Pep of a GT but I'm sure it could handle those stock civics out there

Is a Hatchback but the design is sleek so you don't get the standard hatchback look

Negatives
the salesman said the supercharger wouldn't be an avail. option until Dec. (I don't know if he knows what he's talking about though - maybe just that dealership)

Kinda small (I mean it's compact but damn if you ever get blindsided by an SUV you can kiss this thing goodbye)

Doesn't corner as well as the celica

initialdrift55
oo i saw one on tuesday in gray some idiot kid had just got it still had temp tag...and he was tryin to show off doing donuts in the middle of the parking lot..but it is nice
RedRumGT_Rebel
What's the scene at Hooters tonight? Is it just gonna be Celi's or do other cars show up as well...Only asking cause my friend has an '97 accord and he might roll.
initialdrift55
yea u can tell him to roll well we start off and chill at hooters with a couple friends of mine in the s2000 club so there might be 3 or 4 of those and they bring along a couple srt-4's and mazdaspeed protege and SOMETIMES nsx's
RedRumGT_Rebel
Damn - I only wish I would've found this site sooner...but it's all good - Gimmie around 'till 10:15 p.m. (I'll PM You my Cell - U can text/call) Can't confirm my homie cause he's whipped..but unless it rains later on tonight i'll give her a quick wash and clean and meet you all down there.

I'll either be in the parking lot or at the bar...I mean what's a trip to Hooters worth without at least checking the franchise's goods biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.